Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

New TB news (Page 3)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged
@Vrish,

This is why they are showing the promos again...

Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 2:22:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 5 Comments

Imagine to have a re-run of its popular flagship show, Ramayan...

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee hit a 'green patch' playing Lord Ram and Sita in Imagine's popular flagship show, Ramayan.

Ramayan had a loyal set of viewers and was showered with good ratings till the very end.

Wondering why we are going down the memory lane? Well, that is because the channel has brought back the successful show on air again.

A little birdie tells us, "Come May 16th, Ramayan will be aired on Imagine at the early evening slot of 7-8 pm, from Monday to Thursday. The whole series has been repackaged by the channel to add freshness; there will be lot many new songs added in the new version of the show".

For the uninitiated, the channel was airing shows like Rakt Sambandh and Armanon ka Balidaan in the 7-8 pm slot. With both the shows getting axed, Ramayan will take the slot now. Guess this is a very good idea to bring in the loyal viewers of Ramayan back!!

Let the Magic be recreated..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 May 2011 at 6:10am

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
I am looking forward to this show with a faint hope that they will portray Krishna's political diplomacy and leadership aspect more than his Godliness. So far only BR Chopra and Peter Brook has explored this aspect. Sagars have traditionally focused on the Bhakti aspect and portrayed Krishna as a complete God with a bhajan accompanied by dancing Apsaras every now and then, but still I am hoping that they'll come up with something different and explore His human side as well.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

I didn't like how BRC showed Krishna's war w/ Jarasandha & Rukmi - it was nowhere near as simple.  Jarasandha made 17 attempts to destroy the Yadavas in war, but failed, but Krishna too wanted  to get to a place where his people could live in peace, and therefore moved to Dwaraka.  In the serial, they showed him sending the sudarshan chakra to the sky blinding everybody in the enemy side, and enabling Krisha's forces to do a massacre of the enemy.  Such a method was against the kshatriya code of conduct, and something Krishna never did.  He was an archer during these wars, and rarely used his discus.  Also, Ugrasena & Vasudev never fought in wars, as they showed here.  In all of the wars fought in the defense of the Yadavas, it was primarily Krishna, Balaram, and later Satyaki, Kritavarma and others who fought.  I sure hope that if they do a serial on Krishna, they don't show every battle of his w/ the discus - he used his other weapons as well.  When he beheaded the ruler of Kashi, he did so w/ an arrow that took that king's head to the gates of his city, inviting his son to do an yagna to invoke a monster who was unleashed against him, but Krishna used his discus there to go after her and she destroyed the new ruler and his kingdom b4 being destroyed herself.

Ramanand Sagar showed the Jarasandh track in SK pretty accurately. I don't remember the BRC version since I saw mostly the MB epis over and over, but here are some of the SK vids. They do mention that he fought with Jarsandh 17 times (they show two battles and the other ones are described in the song, since it would be repetitive to show each and every one). And they did show Krishna fighting with a bow and arrow, and later on Balram and Jarasandh fighting with a mace.

You can take a look at these if you want.

2nd Battle

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 May 2011 at 4:47am
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged
^ You can watch the other parts of this track on youtube, but after this they show Kalyavan and how Krishna has him killed using Muchkund. They also show Krishna moving the Mathuravasis to Dwaraka, and how he fooled Jarasandh by that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Songs?  What a lame way to 'repackage' something that's already been shown.  The entire original serial incidentally is available from their website, which I have made into playlists: I list that in the video archives here.

In the article, they mention the 2 shows that were running in the 7-8pm slot.  What they don't mention is that those shows were moved there from their original prime time slots in order to fit in a stupid reality show, and that's when the trps of these shows tanked.  But viewers who were Ramayan devotees have already seen these serials - it's not like they're going to change the stories, or show more or less things here.  Incidentally, are they showing just Baalkand, as the promo seems to indicate, or the full thing?  They could alter a great deal of stuff, such as shrink the Ahi-Mahi episodes, show more of the battles before the appearance of Ravan, Kumbhakarna and Indrajit, in the Uttarkand show more family scenes and lose the Swarna kamal saga, and refine what they showed @ the end.  In particular, have KL actually sing the Ramayan, instead of having the voice-overs sing it for them.

But they can't do all that stuff, since it would mean having to recall all the actors, a lot of whom may be busy w/ other shows.  So they can only chop things here and there, and insert music here & there, but not much else.  Hence, this is not something worth watching, if one has already seen it the first time.

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Vrish,

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee hit a 'green patch' playing Lord Ram and Sita in Imagine's popular flagship show, Ramayan.

Ramayan had a loyal set of viewers and was showered with good ratings till the very end.

Wondering why we are going down the memory lane? Well, that is because the channel has brought back the successful show on air again.

A little birdie tells us, "Come May 16th, Ramayan will be aired on Imagine at the early evening slot of 7-8 pm, from Monday to Thursday. The whole series has been repackaged by the channel to add freshness; there will be lot many new songs added in the new version of the show".

For the uninitiated, the channel was airing shows like Rakt Sambandh and Armanon ka Balidaan in the 7-8 pm slot. With both the shows getting axed, Ramayan will take the slot now. Guess this is a very good idea to bring in the loyal viewers of Ramayan back!!

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

Songs?  What a lame way to 'repackage' something that's already been shown.  The entire original serial incidentally is available from their website, which I have made into playlists: I list that in the video archives here.

In the article, they mention the 2 shows that were running in the 7-8pm slot.  What they don't mention is that those shows were moved there from their original prime time slots in order to fit in a stupid reality show, and that's when the trps of these shows tanked.  But viewers who were Ramayan devotees have already seen these serials - it's not like they're going to change the stories, or show more or less things here.  Incidentally, are they showing just Baalkand, as the promo seems to indicate, or the full thing?  They could alter a great deal of stuff, such as shrink the Ahi-Mahi episodes, show more of the battles before the appearance of Ravan, Kumbhakarna and Indrajit, in the Uttarkand show more family scenes and lose the Swarna kamal saga, and refine what they showed @ the end.  In particular, have KL actually sing the Ramayan, instead of having the voice-overs sing it for them.

But they can't do all that stuff, since it would mean having to recall all the actors, a lot of whom may be busy w/ other shows.  So they can only chop things here and there, and insert music here & there, but not much else.  Hence, this is not something worth watching, if one has already seen it the first time.

@Vrish,

That's what I wrote in the comment section, that if they wish to make Ramayan better from its original airing, they should shrink the Ahi Mahi track and completely take out the boring Luv Kush adventures. About making some of the epis better and adding family scenes, that probably wouldn't be possible because like you said, a lot of the actors are busy with other shows and everyone would look aged anyway since a lot of time passed since the last epi.

What I think is that the NDTV Imagine people found out about the bitter fights between Maneet fans and Ramayan fans (since it became pretty obvious through facebook, IF, etc), and to fuel the competition between both shows, they are re-airing Ramayan instead of just making a new show in that time slot or moving other popular shows to it. They need TRPs badly, and since Ramayan had soaring TRPs when it first aired, they're hoping to get them back.

I'm confused though...will the 'new songs' come from the Sagars or someone else? And I'm pretty sure they're airing the whole serial...or what's the point?
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Also, the DVDs are available and NDTV Imagine uploaded the whole show in HQ on youtube...fans have already watched it much more than once through reruns in other channels, DVDs, and youtube. They won't get as many TRPs as the original run, if that's what they're hoping for.Geek
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

Also, the DVDs are available and NDTV Imagine uploaded the whole show in HQ on youtube...fans have already watched it much more than once through reruns in other channels, DVDs, and youtube. They won't get as many TRPs as the original run, if that's what they're hoping for.Geek

Yup, the only reason one would watch something again would be if something has been added, not if something has been deleted.  And what they're describing doesn't sound much different from the VMs some fans put together for their favorite jodis.  (The playlist I put together is NDTV's videos, not mine, I only uploaded the parts I liked).

In their YouTube promo, they mentioned that they're showing Baalkand, not the entire story.  Incidentally, when they reran the serial on Sunday mornings, do you know how much they had covered?  Last I looked in RF where Swati was discussing the episodes, they seem to have stopped somewhere during the Ahi-Mahi saga.

This serial has ~300 episodes, so I hope they've really thought this thru.  If they just want to show Baalkand, fine.  But if they're going to show the whole thing, they need to do it justice.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaisiyaram

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index