Posted: 12 years ago
Jus saw the New TB news bt a new shw of Krishna. I got very xcitd.
Anyone pls post the link as am onlyn 4rm mobile, i cnt copy paste it..
Shw calld Dwarkadish. Whoopie
Here's the article:

Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 | 4:11:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 9 Comments
Sagar Pictures to make a mytho for Imagine TV

After Jai Shri Krishna its Dwarkadhish by Sagar Pictures on imagine...

After making Jai Shri Krishna for Colors, Sagar Pictures is planning to bring in another Mytho which will depict the life of Lord Krishna.

A source from the industry says, "Sagar Pictures is making a mytho show for Imagine tentatively titled as Dwarkadhish. The show will focus not only on Lord Krishna, but also on the life and relation of Krishna with Radha and Rukamani which is less narrated onscreen."

"The audition for the show is on and the show will go on floor once the cast gets finalized. The production house is mainly roping those actors who have already worked with them in their previous projects, "adds source.

We tried to get in contact with Amrit Moti and even sent him a text but did not get any revert.

After the great response got for Chandragupta Maurya. guess this has to be a big launch for Imagine...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
Personally, I'm not much in favor of this new mytho.🤔 We have three prominent Krishna shows so far (SK, MB, JSK) and two popular Ramayans (RSR, ASR). We really don't need any more shows based on Lord Ram or Lord Krishna. I wish the Sagars would make something on a puranic character that has not come to screen yet. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was a good and creative idea. Why not spend the budget on a God no one has scene or knows little about?

More Krishna Leelas and Ramayans only serve in increasing comparisons and competitions between the shows and their fans. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this show turns out.
I also wishd to see story basd on puranas. They r gr8.. In shani dev thy usd 2 shw story basd on purans.
Janaki Di is right. We already have many shows about Sri Krishna. I think they must bring up many other characters from the Puranas who are not in the lime light; but have a great story to tell about.
^ I would like to see something on Indra Dev, since he is portrayed to be a God who made many mistakes, got cursed, and whose arrogance was destroyed by Krishna not once but twice or thrice. At the same time, we all pray to him because he is the God of all Devtas. It would be interesting to see a serial centering Lord Indra as the main character, and show all the stories from Krita Yuga, Treta Yuga, and Dwapar Yuga that involve him (Ahalya, Govardhan, etc).

I would also like to see something on Brihaspati and/or Shukracharya, the Guru of the Devas and the Asuras respectively. A serial based on the other avatars of Vishnu would also be good, but I guess nothing else is really as long as Ram or Krishna avatars so it would not run for long even with added fluff.

Oh, and I almost forgot. A serial on Maharshi Narad would be so interesting! As he's my favorite rishi, I would love to see all the stories that center around him, including why he got cursed in the very beginning of his life.
Given the shoddy job they did on the Uttarkand portion of the Ramayan, I can't say I'm looking forward to this.  Besides, Radha is a very insignificant chapter in Krishna's life, compared to his time w/ Rukmini, his wars w/ Jarasandha, Shishupala, Shalva, Narakasura, et al, his story w/ the Swayantaka gem, his involvement w/ the Pandavas and escapades w/ Arjun, his role in the Kurukshetra war and finally, the fracticide of the Yadavas.

Somehow, every serial maker has this plutonic need to only show Krishna in his amorous roles, rather than anything serious 👎🏼

My other beef is the choice of channel here - Imagine TV, which has screwed just about every serial since the Ramayan, and which I no longer get on my TV, and which I'm about to start boycotting anyway.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Given the shoddy job they did on the Uttarkand portion of the Ramayan, I can't say I'm looking forward to this.  Besides, Radha is a very insignificant chapter in Krishna's life, compared to his time w/ Rukmini, his wars w/ Jarasandha, Shishupala, Shalva, Narakasura, et al, his story w/ the Swayantaka gem, his involvement w/ the Pandavas and escapades w/ Arjun, his role in the Kurukshetra war and finally, the fracticide of the Yadavas.

Somehow, every serial maker has this plutonic need to only show Krishna in his amorous roles, rather than anything serious 👎🏼

My other beef is the choice of channel here - Imagine TV, which has screwed just about every serial since the Ramayan, and which I no longer get on my TV, and which I'm about to start boycotting anyway.

Taking out the whole "LuvKush adventures" drama towards the end (as well as some of Ram's over-emotion in the beginning), the Uttarkand of AS Ramayan was actually my favorite part of the whole serial. The characterization of everyone seemed more true to the story, especially's Sita's, and the acting was also really good, but I have to agree with you about NDTV Imagine. So far, Chandragupta Maurya is really good and pretty accurate, but I don't know how long it'll last since NDTV Imagine is last on my list for dependability.

And yes, I'm not liking the Radha vs. Rukmini aspect this serial is planning to have. Both of them were Lakshmi avatars and all, but Radha was not in the story as long as Rukmini like you said, and what are they possibly planning to show to elongate it?😕 I also am much more interested in Krishna's political victories. I especially loved the Jarasandh track in Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna serial, and I would like to see something like that again, with newer technology, not the competitions between Krishna's wives or something.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Personally, I'm not much in favor of this new mytho.🤔 We have three prominent Krishna shows so far (SK, MB, JSK) and two popular Ramayans (RSR, ASR). We really don't need any more shows based on Lord Ram or Lord Krishna. I wish the Sagars would make something on a puranic character that has not come to screen yet. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was a good and creative idea. Why not spend the budget on a God no one has scene or knows little about?

More Krishna Leelas and Ramayans only serve in increasing comparisons and competitions between the shows and their fans. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this show turns out.

I agree to what you said. And I am sure even the producers who are cont. working on making new series of Krishna Leela or Ramayan must be aware of this. May be they are getting good trps or new customers in the form of young generation, and they are doing this. 

But I personally believe that instead of going with more krishna leela or ramayan katha, one should go with small series on Urmila, Indra Dev, Laxman, Bharat, Balram, Bhim, Arjun, Mandodari even ravan. They may have something which was never covered specifically.. something called "beyond ram!" ... forgive me shri ram, there is nothing beyond you.. just talking about tv serials :)