Gulaal & Kesar's - 'RED' name defination!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
As far as i know Gulaal means Red, so i thought let me find out what Kesar means since i was having a mango syrup from a tin yesterday and it said Kesar on it, and i thought Mango's dont mean Kesar (well i dont think it does lol)

So i looked it up and this found out it means Saffron, kinda a red colour substance...it has a very strong smell...

Even their names match up in a way ๐Ÿ˜ณ they are meant to be ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
I'm not 100% sure about their meanings but Gulaal means colour na? And Kesar is used to add flavour/colour right?

But yeh they are both quite similar that way too :P
Gulaal does not means RED๐Ÿ˜†...it means dry colors with which we play on Holi๐Ÿ˜›...which is also known as Abir๐Ÿ˜›. And Kesar means Saffron๐Ÿ˜›...whose color is golden orange๐Ÿ˜›.  Though it was weet of you to try to compare their names as one๐Ÿ˜›. But they are totally different...one is consumed and the other is played with. ๐Ÿ˜›
^But they're both colours right :P They add colour to whatever they're added to.
First of all iam a die hard Kesar - gulaal fan๐Ÿ˜ณ and so plzzz dont think that iam against them. But Gulaal is not added to anything for color it is just used for playing or decorating Rangoli๐Ÿ˜›. And Kesar is saffron which is not just used a s a coloring agent but also as a decoration on food and is also used in Ayurveda for curing certain problems. ๐Ÿ˜›. But yes hypothetically both have colorful influence on our lives. ๐Ÿ˜†

Gulaal, i probably if i had to say the meaning from the top of my head without looking for the defination i would of just said the 'Colour of Red' actual colour and red ๐Ÿ˜†

But there is a hint of red in them isnt it ๐Ÿ˜† esp if you try and suss out the definations on the net, look for it ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
Lennie..In fact Gulaal's name was to be matched with Vasant because it is in this season we see the color bloom...
but then Kesar is also saffron and both Gulaal and Kesar are used for puja ..they are considered to be basic ingredients along with abeer which is white...๐Ÿ˜ƒ ..So they are matched right๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by -Srushti-

Lennie..In fact Gulaal's name was to be matched with Vasant because it is in this season we see the color bloom...
but then Kesar is also saffron and both Gulaal and Kesar are used for puja ..they are considered to be basic ingredients along with abeer which is white...๐Ÿ˜ƒ ..So they are matched right๐Ÿ˜ƒ

yup, a season, which is exciting, filled with happiness, but short-lived.๐Ÿ˜ณ

yup, pooja, which is a part of daily life. VERY-long term, something that has been carried through the ages. maybe their love story will be said through the coming eras as well.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by shalini92 - 12 years ago
commonly kesar means saffron colour  but in in rajasthani central  and gujarati culture this word has particular significance its signifies the sindorri colour thats put on indian goddess and indian women if u have visited rural india u must have noticed that  rural women put  an orange sindoor (vermillion ) thts y its very scared ...this coulor also means beautiful ecstatic ...this colour is a symbol of lord krishna' love...so basically gulaal is colour of holi thats means all colour and kesar is the most scared and beautiful colour...

and one more thing in ancient culture ppl use to celebrate vasant panchami a festival thats used to come in vasant season ( spring season )  probably started in vrindavan ( lord krishna use to play  )and they use to play with one colour ...i.e. kesar rang and everybody use to dress up in that colour also ... i hope we got the connection๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by arti07 - 12 years ago
Wow.  Very creative and insightful of all the posters for making the connection with both their names. 

Excellent! 

Love it!