May 9th: Things I liked

Posted: 12 years ago
Ahhh where do I begin...I literally liked everything in this epi I think😆...after many days, no cause for complaint...even Anant's character was beautifully justified today I feel without going OTT today...I totally understood what he was feeling and what Navya was feeling... :-)

Ok so starting off on the list as usual:

1) The entire beginning scene with simple silent communication b/w AN..."aankhon ki gustakhiyaan" as LadyM terms it😆...such a sweet bit seriously...so subtly and cutely handled...Anant walks in...Navya's all like staring at him, then looking away then looking at the empty seat next to her then awkwardly glancing away again😆...and Anant's glances, stares match in tune😆...it's hard to describe this scene but it has to be watched...it wasn't shown in a cliched/OTT fashion...and the awareness that is growing b/w these two characters, the chemistry b/w them was beautifully shown...I really LOL'd though when Appy randomly sat down on the seat JUST as Anant was about to sit on it...LOL...bechara...his crestfallen expression and Navya ka bhi😆

2) The back and forth of glances post this scene😆...also Anant was so quiet (surprisingly...lol)...and it seems like he wasn't thinking of getting Navya to agree for the picnic until Ritz asked him to again? I dunno...last week's end said something else and today it's like he decided to ask her more when Ritz requested him to😆

3) "Hi and bye"🤣...what the hell was that, Anant?😆...I was like isko kya ho gaya and then two seconds later we see him calling Navya...and what follows is such a TYPICAL bf-gf convo...haha..."Tum akele nahin baith sakti kya?"😆...cute session there...with Navya mostly going "haan? What?"😆...and the bit where she was actually trying to cleverly pretend ki signal nahin mil raha to go see him only and he's like "Friends ke saamne naatak? Main tumhein dekh sakta hoon, ok"😆...

The actual "mere liye" convo actually turned out better than it had seemed in last week's precap...I feel that Anant actually talked pretty sensibly there...the whole "I also think my family will say no but what's the harm in asking?" bit...cajoling her to atleast try...not asking her to come point blank...just asking her to try...now see this seems like normal Anant to me...sensible even as the changes in him show...

4) Navya's introspection following Renuka scolding her again...she deffo got spooked there with the "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so she steps back...this makes me wonder about Anant's reaction when/IF he ever starts to process this more deeply😆

5) Anant's convo with his brother: Fantastic scene honestly...why is this brother not given more footage?? So many nuances in this scene giving us his backstory and in a sense giving us a more indepth view of how the children of this family have been brought up/kept under the thumb of the elders...his brother was never even asked for his opinion or marzi in anything down to the woman he was married off to...while Anant has been given more freedoms in comparison...at the same time his brother doesn't seem bitter...just seems to be one of those ppl who've resigned themselves to their fate...really sweet character...loved his subtle advice to Anant in the end...very nicely written and enacted scene👏

6) Anant ka gussa😆...Honestly speaking I was wondering what the hoopla was about in the forum since morning but to me personally, this Anant is seeming far more normal and understandable than the more hyper version of him a few days back😆...that entire last portion was so naturally written with such a natural graph to it...Anant first all happy to see her...having the same discussion with her that he's never tried this before either but really wants to atleast try this time...for that one long shot they have at a yes...I think he made all valid and sensible points...but Navya toh has spooked herself now with her "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so her protests in that bit did not seem convincing even to me...Anant toh obviously would take them harshly...the first outburst with the "khudgarz" bit was a bit OTT but I liked how he apologized after that😆...and after this the entire sequence, I really liked Shaheer's acting...the palpable anger on Anant's face even as he cuts off from Navya and goes and sits alag se in the class...refusing to look at her or talk to her😆...and the last bit with Navya so sweetly telling him to sign the form and go😆..."MAIN zidd kar raha hoon?"...I loved his righteous little fit there😆

He's sooo upset with her...for now he doesn't realize why it hurts just SO much that she isn't even WANTING to go as she's made it but obvious...he's cloaking it with the "sab friends jaa rahe hain, why don't you want to care about your friends?" thing but everyone knows it's a "FRIEND" and not friends that's the issue here😆...What I find interesting about all these scenes is the nuances they added...The entire epi was well written and well enacted...wasn't bored for a moment and less of Anant's whacko family...Hallelujah! LOL why can't they show just show his brother all the time?...I for one would so prefer it😆
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
One of these days I shall reply to these amazing posts of yours- I promise!! 😆 I need to catch up on a few episodes first 🤔😆 But hope you're doing well Anu!! 🤗 (P.S. LOVE the Dutta-Naku siggy 😍). x
Originally posted by nureat01

Ahhh where do I begin...I literally liked everything in this epi I think😆...after many days, no cause for complaint...even Anant's character was beautifully justified today I feel without going OTT today...I totally understood what he was feeling and what Navya was feeling... :-) same here! i thoroughly enjoyed this episode since there wasnt any rama-shagun appearances lol yup you can really see how Anant's character is slowly developing now 😊

1) The entire beginning scene with simple silent communication b/w AN..."aankhon ki gustakhiyaan" as LadyM terms it😆...such a sweet bit seriously...so subtly and cutely handled...Anant walks in...Navya's all like staring at him, then looking away then looking at the empty seat next to her then awkwardly glancing away again😆...and Anant's glances, stares match in tune😆...it's hard to describe this scene but it has to be watched...it wasn't shown in a cliched/OTT fashion...and the awareness that is growing b/w these two characters, the chemistry b/w them was beautifully shown...I really LOL'd though when Appy randomly sat down on the seat JUST as Anant was about to sit on it...LOL...bechara...his crestfallen expression and Navya ka bhi😆  all this ishaare-bazi was amazing - it felt lyk to me they were using their own personal language to communicate with each other without having to say a word 😊 i LOL'd too at appy swiftly sliding into Anant's most wanted seat lol totally didnt see tht coming lol 😆

2) The back and forth of glances post this scene😆...also Anant was so quiet (surprisingly...lol)...and it seems like he wasn't thinking of getting Navya to agree for the picnic until Ritz asked him to again? I dunno...last week's end said something else and today it's like he decided to ask her more when Ritz requested him to😆

3) "Hi and bye"🤣...what the hell was that, Anant?😆...I was like isko kya ho gaya the hi & bye part made me laugh too lol but was really good lol 😆

and then two seconds later we see him calling Navya...and what follows is such a TYPICAL bf-gf convo...haha..."Tum akele nahin baith sakti kya?"😆...cute session there...with Navya mostly going "haan? What?"😆...and the bit where she was actually trying to cleverly pretend ki signal nahin mil raha to go see him only and he's like "Friends ke saamne naatak? Main tumhein dekh sakta hoon, ok"😆...

and *sigh* the much-talked about phone-conversation that's the talk of the town on the Navya forum at the moment lool 😆 I loved every moment of that - the amazing way how he just spoke to her as though he speaks to her like that all time and as though there was nothing different about it lol definately sounded as though they were alredi in a relationship or something lool i just loved the slightly authoritive & matter-of-factly tone of voice he used, "Tum akele nahin baith sakti kya?"😆. that made me crack up loool 😆 

The actual "mere liye" convo actually turned out better than it had seemed in last week's precap...I feel that Anant actually talked pretty sensibly there...the whole "I also think my family will say no but what's the harm in asking?" bit...cajoling her to atleast try...not asking her to come point blank...just asking her to try...now see this seems like normal Anant to me...sensible even as the changes in him show...

I agree on you with that too - he did seem to have a normal sensible conversation, explaining how he felt the same as her, trying to explain to her how she should ask at least

4) Navya's introspection following Renuka scolding her again...she deffo got spooked there with the "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so she steps back...this makes me wonder about Anant's reaction when/IF he ever starts to process this more deeply😆

ANANT ki NAVYA!!!! haaaiii loool 😆

5) Anant's convo with his brother: Fantastic scene honestly...why is this brother not given more footage?? So many nuances in this scene giving us his backstory and in a sense giving us a more indepth view of how the children of this family have been brought up/kept under the thumb of the elders...his brother was never even asked for his opinion or marzi in anything down to the woman he was married off to...while Anant has been given more freedoms in comparison...at the same time his brother doesn't seem bitter...just seems to be one of those ppl who've resigned themselves to their fate...really sweet character...loved his subtle advice to Anant in the end...very nicely written and enacted scene👏

Similarly, i enjoyed this scene too...gave an insight into what his brother had to go through while growing up - it was nice to see his perspective and supportive personality towards Anant

6) Anant ka gussa😆...Honestly speaking I was wondering what the hoopla was about in the forum since morning but to me personally, this Anant is seeming far more normal and
Hi 5 on that one!!! Personally...i feel that the way Anant reacted was blown out of proportion alot by some of us (no offence to anyone) when in actual fact I feel he was just really frustrated at the fact that she wasn't understanding the message he was trying tu get through to her...that it was worth it to at least ask whatever the response may be...
understandable than the more hyper version of him a few days back😆...that entire last portion was so naturally written with such a natural graph to it...Anant first all happy to see her...having the same discussion with her that he's never tried this before either but really wants to atleast try this time...for that one long shot they have at a yes...I think he made all valid and sensible points...but Navya toh has spooked herself now with her "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so her protests in that bit did not seem convincing even to me...Anant toh obviously would take them harshly...the first outburst with the "khudgarz" bit was a bit OTT but I liked how he apologized after that😆...and after this the entire sequence, I really liked Shaheer's acting...the palpable anger on Anant's face even as he cuts off from Navya and goes and sits alag se in the class...refusing to look at her or talk to her😆...and the last bit with Navya so sweetly telling him to sign the form and go😆..."MAIN zidd kar raha hoon?"...I loved his righteous little fit there😆

I loved this part so much!!! The rolling of the eyes lool and he couldn't believe it that SHE was accusing HIM of being stubborn when actually he felt it was the other way round lool it was nice to see his defensive side lool 

He's sooo upset with her...for now he doesn't realize why it hurts just SO much that she isn't even WANTING to go as she's made it but obvious...he's cloaking it with the "sab friends jaa rahe hain, why don't you want to care about your friends?" thing but everyone knows it's a "FRIEND" and not friends that's the issue here😆...What I find interesting about all these scenes is the nuances they added...The entire epi was well written and well enacted...wasn't bored for a moment and less of Anant's whacko family...Hallelujah! LOL why can't they show just show his brother all the time?...I for one would so prefer it😆

Sorry if i've just bored you there but just wanted to stress the fact that I felt exactly the same way as you did about the episode! lool 😆 Thank you soo much for sharing that!! lool 
You write so well! 👏

Love reading "Things I like everyday" from you 😛

Hope this show progresses more and more!!!! =)
⭐️
Very well written... even i agree with completely... the episode was beautiful n smooth... n no shagun n bhabhi n their englisss lol 
Yeah the phone convos between them both are just adorable !!! 
Locked by Browser Lock.
Originally posted by nureat01

Ahhh where do I begin...I literally liked everything in this epi I think😆 True that! it was an overall good episode. One contributing factor could be the utter lack of the creepy sis duo😆...after many days, no cause for complaint...even Anant's character was beautifully justified today I feel without going OTT today...I totally understood what he was feeling and what Navya was feeling... :-)

1) The entire beginning scene with simple silent communication b/w AN..."aankhon ki gustakhiyaan" as LadyM terms it😆...such a sweet bit seriously...so subtly and cutely handled...Anant walks in...Navya's all like staring at him, then looking away then looking at the empty seat next to her then awkwardly glancing away again😆...and Anant's glances, stares match in tune😆...it's hard to describe this scene but it has to be watched...it wasn't shown in a cliched/OTT fashion...and the awareness that is growing b/w these two characters, the chemistry b/w them was beautifully shown...I really LOL'd though when Appy randomly sat down on the seat JUST as Anant was about to sit on it...LOL...bechara...his crestfallen expression and Navya ka bhi😆
when i saw that first scene begin, i was kinda hoping that they don't turn it in to some cliched sequence. And they didn't! I liked the growing comfort between the two...especially from Navya's end.  And ummm awkwardness would still be present because it would be weird if they showed Navya not being a bit awkward.😆

I liked that moment between the gang too. It felt realistic and relatable somehow. When one or 2 people in a group of friends back out on trip or movie, the whole plan falls apart ..😆 been there, done that.😆

3) "Hi and bye"🤣...what the hell was that, Anant?😆...I was like isko kya ho gaya and then two seconds later we see him calling Navya...and what follows is such a TYPICAL bf-gf convo...haha..."Tum akele nahin baith sakti kya?"😆...cute session there...with Navya mostly going "haan? What?"😆...and the bit where she was actually trying to cleverly pretend ki signal nahin mil raha to go see him only and he's like "Friends ke saamne naatak? Main tumhein dekh sakta hoon, ok"😆... 🤣 that "hi and bye" was so funny🤣🤣🤣. This was a second instance where they could have made it cliched but thankfully they didn't.  Recently most of AN conversations sound so bf-gf like but they still aren't aware of that. I like that bit. they aren't rushing with the "love" bit and hopefully they will avoid rushing and making it stereotypical.

The actual "mere liye" convo actually turned out better than it had seemed in last week's precap...I feel that Anant actually talked pretty sensibly there...the whole "I also think my family will say no but what's the harm in asking?" bit...cajoling her to atleast try...not asking her to come point blank...just asking her to try...now see this seems like normal Anant to me...sensible even as the changes in him show... Anant's point was definitely right. There's nothing wrong in trying...if they never ask, then how would they know if their parents would have actually given a nod? He is talking about asking his SUPER conservative babajee...then lol Navya can ask her dad too and her dad is no where close to being conservative as Anant's grand dad and dad.

4) Navya's introspection following Renuka scolding her again...she deffo got spooked there with the "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so she steps back...this makes me wonder about Anant's reaction when/IF he ever starts to process this more deeply😆 me wonder about that too. Caution statement for writers for that though---- hopefully they won't make Anant loose his brain once he "realizes" or is in the process of "realization".

5) Anant's convo with his brother: Fantastic scene honestly...why is this brother not given more footage?? So many nuances in this scene giving us his backstory and in a sense giving us a more indepth view of how the children of this family have been brought up/kept under the thumb of the elders...his brother was never even asked for his opinion or marzi in anything down to the woman he was married off to...while Anant has been given more freedoms in comparison...at the same time his brother doesn't seem bitter...just seems to be one of those ppl who've resigned themselves to their fate...really sweet character...loved his subtle advice to Anant in the end...very nicely written and enacted scene👏 I liked this moment too. it was the first time we got to see a scene between the two. The brother seems like a nice guy. Feel bad for him that he's stuck with such a creepy annoying wife. even he seems annoyed/irked by her. btw it was clear that the two aren't as close as Anant-Nimi. May be because of age difference.

6) Anant ka gussa😆...Honestly speaking I was wondering what the hoopla was about in the forum since morning but to me personally, this Anant is seeming far more normal and understandable than the more hyper version of him a few days back😆...that entire last portion was so naturally written with such a natural graph to it...Anant first all happy to see her...having the same discussion with her that he's never tried this before either but really wants to atleast try this time...for that one long shot they have at a yes...I think he made all valid and sensible points...but Navya toh has spooked herself now with her "Anant ki Navya" realization😆...so her protests in that bit did not seem convincing even to me...Anant toh obviously would take them harshly...the first outburst with the "khudgarz" bit was a bit OTT but I liked how he apologized after that😆...and after this the entire sequence, I really liked Shaheer's acting...the palpable anger on Anant's face even as he cuts off from Navya and goes and sits alag se in the class...refusing to look at her or talk to her😆...and the last bit with Navya so sweetly telling him to sign the form and go😆..."MAIN zidd kar raha hoon?"...I loved his righteous little fit there😆 🤣🤣🤣 Anant's tantrum! 🤣🤣🤣 it was seeing a kid throw tantrum when the mum/dad denies buying him a video game or something.🤣🤣🤣 I found "selfish" part a bit OTT but after he apologized about it, it seemed okay. Still, it was weird to see him jatao haq that way on her mainly because we haven't seen him introspect about his behavior uptill now. But anyhow, Shaheer as always did a good job portraying this hormone-crazed teenager side of Anant. most importantly, he wasn't irksome and that's why it seemed better. lol may be they might show him reminisce about these moments in the future after he "realizes."😆

He's sooo upset with her...for now he doesn't realize why it hurts just SO much that she isn't even WANTING to go as she's made it but obvious...he's cloaking it with the "sab friends jaa rahe hain, why don't you want to care about your friends?" thing but everyone knows it's a "FRIEND" and not friends that's the issue here😆...What I find interesting about all these scenes is the nuances they added...The entire epi was well written and well enacted...wasn't bored for a moment and less of Anant's whacko family...Hallelujah! LOL why can't they show just show his brother all the time?...I for one would so prefer it😆Yup it was a much much much better start to the week than last monday. Hopefully they either don't show the creepsters completely or they keep their screen time to the minimum.
Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

One of these days I shall reply to these amazing posts of yours- I promise!! 😆 I need to catch up on a few episodes first 🤔😆 But hope you're doing well Anu!! 🤗 (P.S. LOVE the Dutta-Naku siggy 😍). x

Zahra!🤗 LOL I saw you hitting "like" the past few days and was wondering if you just wanted to be in silent lurker mode on purpose😆...So nice to see you here yaar...didn't know you watched this show too...lol...oh the DN sig is courtesy Fatty...I know it's gorgeous naa😍

Will look forward to your reply one day soon then😆 Hope you're doing well too yaar🤗
Originally posted by Ruxana91

all this ishaare-bazi was amazing - it felt lyk to me they were using their own personal language to communicate with each other without having to say a word 😊 I agree...these two really have developed their own silent language of communication...it's sweet😆

and *sigh* the much-talked about phone-conversation that's the talk of the town on the Navya forum at the moment lool 😆 I loved every moment of that - the amazing way how he just spoke to her as though he speaks to her like that all time and as though there was nothing different about it lol definately sounded as though they were alredi in a relationship or something lool i just loved the slightly authoritive & matter-of-factly tone of voice he used, LOL so true...he was talking to her like he's always spoken to her like this since ages...like it was his birthright or something😆...especially the way he goes, "Achha chalo... abhi baahar aa jaao, main tumhara wait kar raha hoon"...so matter of factly😆...there was even a hint of pout there as he said this😆

Personally...i feel that the way Anant reacted was blown out of proportion alot by some of us (no offence to anyone) when in actual fact I feel he was just really frustrated at the fact that she wasn't understanding the message he was trying tu get through to her...that it was worth it to at least ask whatever the response may be...I think some days in the past Anant has been a little difficult to understand based on his actions like landing up at her building but today I felt Anant's side of the story was much better shown and in a more credible manner...I'm so glad that they showed him giving a sensible explanation for the picnic thing and not just some random zidd😆...I was pleasantly surprised by today's epi I'l say

I loved this part so much!!! The rolling of the eyes lool and he couldn't believe it that SHE was accusing HIM of being stubborn when actually he felt it was the other way round lool it was nice to see his defensive side lool LOL Navya really has a knack for bringing out his defensive side a lot I'd say...I also thought it was cute the way she quietly got up and went and sat next to him even though he was giving her such gusse waale grumpy looks😆

Sorry if i've just bored you there but just wanted to stress the fact that I felt exactly the same way as you did about the episode! lool 😆 Thank you soo much for sharing that!! lool  Oh no I wasn't bored at all...really enjoyed reading your take :-) Thanks for your reply!
Really love reading ur analysis of every episode.

I loved the episode too. Interestingly, without realising it, Anant is treating Navya as his - this came out very strongly in the phone convo - but it is Navya who senses that things are changing and the unbidden thought of Anant ki Navya has shocked/scared her.

Thank goodness it was his brother and not the evil sisters yest. Like this bro, more screen space for him please.

I thought Anant's tantrum in the end was a bit childish, but even he realised that he can hardly call Navya selfish 😆. When he finally processes what is happening, he will realise why he was so angry at her refusal.