Balika Vadhu

I dont understand Gauri

Rani48 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I don't understand Gauri at all. If I was in her shoes and I was a young girl like 8 and my parents were forcing me to get married and suddenly during the wedding ceremony  the real wife of the groom steps up and says she is his real wife and they can only have one wife, then I would run over and start to kiss her fee for releasing me from this horrible situation.

Gauri seems to be really angry the that fact that her marriage when she was young was broken. I know she keeps saying that she hates child marriages and she things that it should be band and al,but her hatred toward Jagya's family is saying something different.

If it was not Anandi to stopped Gauri from continuing with the marriage, Would Gauri ever be a doctor, or be let to continue her education and go to a medical school. Would she have her freedom and a career as a doctor no she would have been stuck at home.. Cooking, cleaning, and being a slave to DS... she would continue to hear all of the village talking about how she is the second wife and she still would not have a life at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashiyana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is upset with Jagya's family for the humiliation she and her family had to face after the marriage. According to village traditions, no one would marry Gauri once she got married to Jagya.
Her parents are to be blamed for forcing her to marry but, they wanted what was best for her at the time.  She knew that Jagya's family came from a well to do family (this is when she was little) and him getting married for the second time.  Though the trama helped her become motivated in her life to excel it still doesn't change the humiliation and the trauma she and her family had to face cause of Jagya's family. 
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Actually if you look at teh scenes of the marriage... then you will see that when it was declared that their marriage has been nulled. She was extremely happy and she even thanked Anandi and said that she is very nice. 

hmm @Cts Don't forget this people that Gauri never had issues with Anandi infact she was happy with her
avyarima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you 100% on this issue. If i was the one the only person i will be angry with is my family and DS.  the rest of the family saved her from this horrible life Anandi is now leaving. Infact i feel her should look for Anandi and thank her. I dont know why she is happy with her parent when they knew what they were getting her into and still went ahead for money, but she is mad at the other family.  Even if she was angry before, now that she is educated she should know better how the annulment of  that marrage really helped her life.
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
the wedding is half story gauri might had to face many humiliations ðŸ¤” they had to leave village n all...there must be lot of trauma...😔 
Suchi- thumbnail
true@gargi.. the wedding is def. half the story. 

Rani48 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I understand that the wedding is half of the story and that her family faced a lot of trouble, but still she should not be talking with her mother and father.  Her parents were the ones who wanted to sell her and for her to be in married not Anandi or Anandi's family.  Only DS.

Okay so she had a little trouble with the villages because no one else wanted to marry her because of the marriage being broken, she is not looking the the bigger picture that she got to

1. DId not become someones wife at 8 years old.
2. Didi not have to deal with  a mother in law like DS
3. Did not have to give up her studies
4. finished school and went to college
5. Meet a very nice principle who helped her.
6. Didn't end up being hurt later on because she is married to a man who already has a wife and would have properly become the house maid not his wife.

I think the only person who has all the rights to be angry is ANANDI. She saved 3 girls life here. She had to give up her live to later on save Phooles. Gauris and then that Golli's life.
Suchi- thumbnail
totally agree with you pretty. Thats why I am totally confused as to how she will go back to their family and teach them a lesson.

BUT where wil lAnandi be? How disgusting. Poor thing how will she be able to bear another woman in that house. 

How can sumitra  bhairon gehna and basant allow that

YEs that stupid DS will allow for parpotha and now that she is married to him ( technically) according to DS. 

Argh,... Anandi Please go and study .. and leave these crummy people they don't deserve you. 

I think BHairav and Sumitra finally should leave that house. 

Cause Gauri staying in Jagya's room.!!!! Thats such a pain ... Man what the crap!!!!
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@pretty agree with u

bt when 1 is angry 1 can not think neutral way...
its not easy to see big picture when u dont want to...sp when u have lot of anguish  n anger

• yes gauri's parents are at fault...bt may be she has forgiven them...🤔
  • may be she doesnt know tht her farther was in dire need of money..n did her sauda...plus child marriage is a normal custom where she is from...so she might have understood her parents situation... i doubt she knows whole truth..
  •  n she has anger towards child marriage...
  • i dont think so she would be angry on anandi..
  • bt yes she will be angry on DS jagya n his family...
  • lets see how story unfolds...may be she will find herself lucky coz she cud study become a doctor after seeing wat anandi went through & going through...
Edited by gargi. - 12 years ago
JanFer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yes she should have taught that her life was safe from becoming a slave she also would had to suffer from what anandi is suffering, she would had to also leave her study.