Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ladygaga thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: goneforever

What about Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan, Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor, etc.?  They are all close or a little older than the Khans!!!!  Why the double standard here?  They should retire to, right?!  All of them are romancing 20 year olds to! 

Well said, for the first time I agree with you!! πŸ˜† but isn't it obvious... it seems like a classic cynics manufactured topic.. traget the person who is the most popular and get OTT, strange.. and huge reactions... just like your Katrina topics.. and topics on khans...
Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
stars4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

Isn't this high time SRK/Amir and Salman should either Retire or do the roles that suits them rather singing around the trees, kissing heroines ..or Punching villains' face at the age of 46 (I still count Amir as exception as he makes us believe whatever he does)...

most of us grown up from a toddler to a working professional/college going and they are still singing around the trees half of heir age .. forget about Heroines  πŸ€”? btw, heroines of their times - Raveena/Juhi/Madhuri retired long time back or atleast start taking the role that suits them, but these guys still doing the same stuff what they used to do say 20 years back.. .. either we are gender biased or these 3 are aeonians πŸ€”  I wonder what will they be doing when they reach Big Bs age? πŸ€“ .. btw, no one accepted big B as hero @ the age of 46 - ermmm poor Big B no botox that time and people criticized him for working with half of his age heroine Manisha Koirala (If I know correctly) 

Frankly, I dont understand the obsession of Viewers with all the 46+ actors playing lover boys?  Even Hritik is out from that kind of  stuff at the age ten years younger to them..  I would love to watch them doing some intense acting rather than running after Villains or dancing with Barbies.

i totally agree with you...when people want to see actresses retire at 30+yrs and start doing character roles ...then why not actors?

i want all these oldies not only khans to retire and give space to young ones...
Edited by stars4u - 12 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why should they retire?
As long as their talent stays intact, they can act till they drop dead.
Do people want Brad Pitt, Leonardo, Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler to retire?
BUT they need to start playing characters their own age.

I do think that Aamir and even Srk are shifting gears.

If you think about it, Leonardo, Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler, Brad arent exactly very young guys either. Yet they're considered hotties and are still very much working.

But because hollywood writes such a variety of stories, they get roles that suit their age as well as still qualify as very much commercial hollywood material.
Its not the fault of the Khans that our writers are limited to love stories or hollywood rip offs.

Either way, I dont htink the Khans are going anywhere.
If anything, the Khans have just gotten more powerful. Look at the box office. The biggest of hits, the top grossers, the record breakers, are all movies with the Khans. If not the Khans, then either Akshay Kumar or Ajay Devgan, which is the same age bracket.

No Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, or Imran Khan will bring in those numbers. Its a clear sign that the people still love em. How can they retire?
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Check out the opening weekend #s.
See any youngsters in there? These movies woudlnt be here had it not been for the senior cast. (with the exception of Rajneeti, magic of Kat?)

1 Three Idiots 2009 50,53,00,000 18,67,00,000 69,20,00,000
2 My Name Is Khan 2010 40,74,00,000 24,56,00,000 65,30,00,000
3 Raajneeti 2010 44,95,00,000 9,90,00,000 54,85,00,000
4 Ghajini 2008 40,04,00,000 13,27,00,000 53,31,00,000
5 Love Aaj Kal 2009 37,08,00,000 14,72,00,000 51,80,00,000

This was not added in the overall, but 2010 continued

Top Lifetime Grossers 2010-2019 (Figures in Ind Rs)

Rank Film Year Nett Gross Gross Adjusted Gross Verdict
1 Dabangg 2010 140,10,00,000 187,50,00,000 - All Time Blockbuster
2 Golmaal 3 2010 107,56,00,000 144,00,00,000 - Blockbuster
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Oh well picture didn't come out and I can't get rid of the post so...here we are.

Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Eww, they do need to stop romancing girls their daughters ages!

But retire, NO.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: desigal90

Eww, they do need to stop romancing girls their daughters ages!

But retire, NO.

Atleast they don't Make Cheesy Sex Scenes and Smooches ON SCREEN to Sell movies... like wht Saifu did with Kareena... Kurbaan Hua... πŸ€£
desigal90 thumbnail
Really? Look up Maya memsaab. And please, Aamir has had his share of smooches.  Look those up as well while you're at it.  
And guess what...atleast Kareena's age appropriate for Saif.
So what if they had a lovemaking scene? Better to have a lovemaking scene with someone age approrpare than to parade aroudn with girls your daughters age. That's disgusting.

Atleast Saif never had to sell a film by taking off his shirt in practically every film πŸ˜›
desigal90 thumbnail
Just because htey refrain from shooting  kissing and lovemaking scenes doesnt make them saints onscreen.

So you cant kiss, but its perfectly ok to romance a drenched woman in a saari and run you lips down her neck and bosom?

Like I said, the best of actors have shot lovemaking scenes. But perhaps you need mature minds to understand them?

Maybe we should still show flowers kissing instead, according ot you?
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: desigal90

Really? Maya memsaab? And please, Aamir has had his share of smooches.

And guess what...atleast Kareena's age appropriate for Saif.
So what if they had a lovemaking scene? Better to have a lovemaking scene with someone age approrpare than to parade aroudn with girls your daughters age. That's disgusting.

Stick 2 1 point or dnt jump on conclusions... Either Stick 2 AGE FACTOR... or dnt back to dig some history... here we talking about 45+ Khans romancing daughters of their AGE...

Saifu = 41 ======= Bebo = 31... Saifu has 2 kids... Does it SUIT a Father of 2 kids... 2 give such STEAMY SCENES ON SCreen ??

i hven't Seen 3 KHANS [Salman, Aamir, SRK] doing that in their 40's ??