Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

just because they aregetting old ? lol who are we to say if they should retire or not? audience enjoys them and honestly I donno what would  happen to the industry if these three retire. that's what I think. the actors these days are like πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ with the exception of ranbir and shahid i guess. 

but even I dont like to see them romance with women that are half their ageπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  but that doesnt mean they should retire

@bold - people usually retire when they get old, that isnt a rocket science.

@ What happen to industry - It will stay there and they will be taking the role of Papa of Pappus..

@Audience - this is what I dont understand, gender biased audience

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Jab tak rahega samose mein alu...

Bollywood mein rahenge SRK AAMIR aur Sallu...

πŸ˜†

they'll keep running around trees, jab tak nahin jaate yeh gir
the never aging, evergreen, SRK,Sallu aur Aamir!πŸ˜†
_notinuse_ thumbnail
I agree. As an example I will cite Leornardo DiCaprio. I'm sure many would agree that he was a heart-throb in Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. He happens to be younger than the khans but we do not see him in roles where he plays a college student. We see him in movies like Blood Diamond, Inception, etc.

It's pathetic to see the Khans in the roles they do. I wouldn't mind if they played their own age.

I understand there's a need for youth oriented-films, that's why in hollywood we have Robert Patterson, Zach Effron, Shia Lebeouf...

In Bollywood we have the 40-something year olds trying to cater to the youth. That'll be like George Clooney, Tom Cruise, and Brad Pitt taking all the roles in movies like Twilight.

Oh the Khans are gracious for giving chances to new actresses, eh? On the contrary, they're just disposing of the old and bringing in the new. I see Bollywood as a harem full of beautiful young girls ruled by a few powerful men. Once they age, new ones takes their places. I say there should be an even ratio of young females and males. Let's not have a harem system where new actors cannot be given a chance unless they befriend those few powerful men and be given access to the females. I'm sure the Khans have made enough money to last them a lifetime. Give new actors chances. I'm not saying they should retire but shouldn't take all the roles that would suit younger guys more and could potentially be their break-through performance. And it's really really pathetic out of a population of over a billion we can't find good young actors. I know they exist but like I mentioned they just aren't given a chance.
Edited by PandorasBox - 12 years ago
monar thumbnail
Originally posted by: zainab25

I don't mind for however long they act for, aur jab itna sehan kar liya toh kuch aur saal hee sahee. But I do feel that there's gender bias in Bollywood where women are not provided much scope post marriage or when in thirties. So if Khans can be almost 50 and still have the privilege to act with 20 year olds then so should the women of the business be treated with the same thought.

Khans are no path breaking actors but they are charismatic and are definitely "stars". However, they can be replaced and there's no dearth of talent. Ek jaayega to dus aur aayege.

aur kitna sehan karein dost.. abhi kya unke laathi lekar ped ke paas mein nachne ka wait karna padega? Thats my point, I don't know how media and viewers will react if Madhuri will work opposite Ranbir or Ranveer? They already made big issue when Rani worked with Shahid in Dil Bole Haddipa .. here Rajni gonna come with Deepika as her on screen lover...

Khans are star, I never denied that they are commercial success but uff I can't take Dard-e-Disco
with Munni

monar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Jab tak rahega samose mein alu...

Bollywood mein rahenge SRK AAMIR aur Sallu...

πŸ˜†

dedicated to all Khan's

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdeNm3a42U[/YOUTUBE]

youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PandorasBox

I agree. As an example I will cite Leornardo DiCaprio. I'm sure many would agree that he was a heart-throb in Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. He happens to be younger than the khans but we do not see him in roles where he plays a college student. We see him in movies like Blood Diamond, Inception, etc.

It's pathetic to see the Khans in the roles they do. I wouldn't mind if they played their own age.

I understand there's a need for youth oriented-films, that's why in hollywood we have Robert Patterson, Zach Effron, Shia Lebeouf...

In Bollywood we have the 40-something year olds trying to cater to the youth. That'll be like George Clooney, Tom Cruise, and Brad Pitt taking all the roles in movies like Twilight.

Oh the Khans are gracious for giving chances to new actresses, eh? On the contrary, they're just disposing of the old and bringing in the new. I kind see Bollywood as a harem full of beautiful young girls ruled by a few powerful men. Once they age, new ones takes their places. I say there should be an even ratio of young females and males. Let's not have a harem system where new actors cannot be given a chance unless they befriend those few powerful men and be given access to the females. I'm sure the Khans have made enough money to last them a lifetime. Give new actors chances. I'm not saying they should retire but should take all the roles that would suit younger guys more. And it's really really pathetic out of a population of over a billion we can't find good actors. I know they exist but like I mentioned they just aren't given a chance.

I totally agree with every word you said. Bollywood needs to create stories that would give scope to adult men and women in adult situations. A little mental effort and creativity and these stories could easily be created.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
They are only 45/46. Who retires when they are 45/46? πŸ˜† Plus who are we to say when they should retire or not? That's their decision na?

But I do agree that they need to start playing their age, or much closer to their age. Enough of pretending they're in their 20's..because they clearly cannot pass off for people in their 20's anymore. Late 30's to their 40's is much more acceptable. They can do romantic movies but there are such things as mature love stories also. And none of the Khans look amazingly good with any of the current actresses...if they don't look like their brother/jija, then they look like their uncles.
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Aamir already seems to be taking a backseat with acting. check his movies in the recent years...RDB, Dhobi Ghaat, TZP, 3 I..he was sharing screen space with different actors! In 3 idiots he was barely there in the 2nd half! and now he does not seem to be acting in Delhi Belly!

I cannot imagine bollywood without the Khans, although each of them have done many non substantial movies! I definitely bow down to Amitabh Bachchan  he has made full use of his acting skills..been there done it! I hope we get to see the Khans as well  in the near future with tht career graph.
I don't think they need to retire yet...they all can give good cinema. But as everyone has elaborated, they should play their age...it's utterly ridiculous that these guys are buffing up in order to look as young as the ladies they're with

Honestly I think the audience would also be more willing to watch a movie if it had one of them and say Rani, Kajol, or Preity than with Sonam, Deepika, Asin etc. because those jodis have guaranteed good runs at the box office in the past and the viewers have already accepted them
What about Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan, Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor, etc.?  They are all close or a little older than the Khans!!!!  Why the double standard here?  They should retire to, right?!  All of them are romancing 20 year olds to!