Will Salman Khan soon be the #1 actor in Bollywood - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by ladygaga

^^ I think Aamir is bigger superstar than Rajini.. Rajini has star power.. aamir has script power...

compared to rajini...aamir is still junior to him...rajini have more than 3 blockbusters in his era...which cannot be even compared to aamir's film...you can't compare rajini with aamir...they are doing different language films...but they are from indian entertainment cinema...and aamir's hits and blockbusters can never be compared to rajinikanth's because...rajinikanths era stars from60s... 70s...80s...90s...era and till now...he has way too much of AABB of indian tamil cinema...and Rajini is still senior to aamir...

Rajini can be compared to kamal hassan...amitabh bachchan...but not with srk...salman..aamir...in terms of their careers...Rajini...Kamal...Amitabh Bachchan are still senior to them
Edited by Mages - 12 years ago

^^ I think Aamir is bigger superstar than Rajini.. Rajini has star power.. aamir has script power...

Funny but true. πŸ˜† Aamir has a wider reach. Rajni is confined to the South Indian audience in India and internationally. I heard his fans watch his movies ten times in the  theatre. That would make anyone a star. I could be wrong though. Did not Robot not do so well in Northern parts of India? That sorta proves what I'm trying to say. 
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago

That is true IMHO..simply because I think Aamir has a more universal appeal than Rajni does. Rajni's massive blockbusters are confined more to the South India while Aamir's movies do well throughout India and overseas.

On topic: Salman is a STAR imo..not an actor. I don't think much of him as an actor but his star power id noteworthy.

EDIT: Dexter we said the same thing πŸ˜†
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Funny but true. πŸ˜† Aamir has a wider reach. Rajni is confined to the South Indian audience in India and internationally. I heard his fans watch his movies ten times in the  theatre. That would make anyone a star. I could be wrong though. Did not Robot not do so well in Northern parts of India? That sorta proves what I'm trying to say. 

Rajini is a typical superstar.. one known for his style, adaas... yes his popularity is confined to south only.. but just the people of that zone only elevate his hype and status soo soo much.. north indian and bolly audience.. have stopped showing that much enthusiasm for any superstar.. people jsut watch a movie in theater if its really really good.. or they watch comedies.. otherwise priated dvds zindabad.. πŸ˜†

Dexter & Ladygaga: I'm no fan of Rajnikanth and I don't get his antics though I enjoy those Chuck Norris style twitter jokes. Do read this piece by Grady Hendrix for Slate http://www.slate.com/id/2267820/. It was plagiarized on India Today for which Aroon Purie (Koel Purie's father) apologized.

Rajnikanth has cult following in Japan. His one film grossed so much that he topped Leonardo DiCaprio as Japan's trendiest heartthrob. πŸ˜† And from this article "...and became a cult hit in Germany under the title Der Geisterjger."

He is a star since the 60s, I believe, and captivating audience beyond decades is a Star Power. It's unmatched.

Originally posted by chocolover89

That is true IMHO..simply because I think Aamir has a more universal appeal than Rajni does. Rajni's massive blockbusters are confined more to the South India while Aamir's movies do well throughout India and overseas.

On topic: Salman is a STAR imo..not an actor. I don't think much of him as an actor but his star power id noteworthy.

Yes and Aamir is also the only (??) popular superstar who has been able to take his movie to the oscars... the oscar nominated lagaan also elevates his appeal... He has mass popularity, he offers quality, he takes risks.. while other superstars just depend on their jalwa.. style and adaas.. and their movies just attract their fan boys and fan girls.
i think you guys took it all wrong...rajini movies are in worldwide...i swear now in singapore...if rajini movies airs...i don't get the tickets for the whole week...his movies always have the crowd...

since i am in overseas...not from india...i know rajini movies and stardom in overseas too...i have went through it myself...i couldn't get tickets for his film chandramukhi tamil version of bhool bulaiya...i nearly got the tickets after 2 weeks...such popular star he is in singapore...

Originally posted by lovePC

Je pensais que tu parlais de moi parce que je suis la seule dans ce topic qui a dit que salman est le meilleurπŸ˜’

Oh vous parlez francais???c cool ca!!! quel pays tu habite???
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Dexter & Ladygaga: I'm no fan of Rajnikanth and I don't get his antics though I enjoy those Chuck Norris style twitter jokes. Do read this piece by Grady Hendrix for Slate http://www.slate.com/id/2267820/. It was plagiarized on India Today for which Aroon Purie (Koel Purie's father) apologized.

Rajnikanth has cult following in Japan. His one film grossed so much that he topped Leonardo DiCaprio as Japan's trendiest heartthrob. πŸ˜† And from this article "...and became a cult hit in Germany under the title Der Geisterjger."

He is a star since the 60s, I believe, and captivating audience beyond decades is a Star Power. It's unmatched.

Star power and crazy fan following starts seeming boring after a while.. these days people even become celebs on YT.. there are internet stars... in terms of creativity.. rajini has nothing to offer... he is just another star... SRK argues that he is the biggest superstar in the whole world.. he has so many german fans.. and european fans.. raj kapoor had many russian fans.. but in terms of creativity... a lot of these stars are lagging behind.. their films fail to win anything on international platforms.
Well...its not true that to be a number one actor you have work for big banners...before big banners its the luck and talents counts!!! what a retarded report!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ