Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is life a joke or is there something to it? (Page 7)

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Confused Has anyone ever wondered why we are on this earth?  What is the point of doing the same thing day in and day out?  Is there a purpose?  Why are we doing this?  I still wonder that and always will.  Is life a joke or is there something to it?

Ouch

The meaning of life: this is a philosophical question relating to purpose and significance of our existence. Life is mixed of philosophical and religious conceptions on our existence, society, emotions, values, ethics, free will,  and soul. There is no right or wrong answer!

~
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

Edited by night13 - 29 June 2011 at 12:57pm

my_view Goldie
my_view
my_view

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

MV, you could look at it as "each day gives us another chance to live life in a different way" or you could look at it as "another day is coming up where this wretched life has to come up with novel ways and means to kill time, participating in the chores, biding for God knows what!".

Are we trying to find happiness in what is essentially an unhappy existence is the question that we need to answer, with the rider that, we are NOT answering that question keeping ourselves and our cozy little lives in mind but we are answering that question on behalf of the entire Animalia kingdom.

So, on behalf of the entire Animalia kingdom, my question is "WHY LIFE?!"

Mr K... Your obstinately morose outlook on all life makes me think - If Arjun were alive today he would post and tweet with his smartphone from Kurukshetra on "WHY FIGHT" ... and Krishna would thus retort expressing the inexpressible - You need to grow tired of the same question to go beyond and question this urge to Self recognize. Are you a seeker and not someone who just has to compulsively apply thought process on everything that is..

Why Life you ask Mr K...Haha we have been down this road before and I shouldn't touch this even if you loan me Hazmat suit to wear first..!  But the mind asks and the mind answers ... Although I wonder relevancy of the question originating from such inferior existence (your words) has any meaningful credibility since it is your invention..unless you consider your thoughts and consciousness to have maintained the sophistication and simplicity.  

Some answers : 
 -  One scientific study suggests life is a very natural thing emerged simply to satisfy basic physical laws of thermodynamics.
 -  Karmic theory states life happens because of past Karma.
 -  Patanjali Sutras mention life is the result of fusion between Prakriti and Purusha - Matter and Consciousness coming together because of ignorance.

Nothing mentioned above suggests anything that will allay your status anxiety.. There is no universal definition of life in science as life is a process not a substance... Perhaps life is not the result of any cause...The cause and effect concept cannot be applied to "why life" since you can't find the first cause. I don't think a final answer that simply cannot be turned into next question exists K..not even if you make it all the way to Singularity with questions and answers.

We will always be something.. A rock, mountain, sun, sentient being or anything and everything that is the Universe. Drawback of scientifically knowing this and that and why are we here lacks any in depth wisdom to embrace the process which is life...Much of what is profound is experienced in the lighter side of existence...And that is not pretension... 
We all have power to choose and create thoughts that supports us best and shed the grosser elements within us.. As you mentioned before, everything in the universe is balanced and in order but a nagging thought disturbs you and it becomes bigger than the entire cosmic creation.. You start questioning the "unknown" which is beyond the reach of our senses by searching for answer outwards.. How can we expect to find the answer when 70% of the Universe is unknown to us.  
Sometimes we create a reality to suffer in even if there is plenty of good to focus on.

TGILW...Happy 4th everyone here in the US of A.:)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

K.ConsciousnessDemonStarblue-ice.

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

my_viewDemonStarblue-ice.

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Confused Has anyone ever wondered why we are on this earth?  What is the point of doing the same thing day in and day out?  Is there a purpose?  Why are we doing this?  I still wonder that and always will.  Is life a joke or is there something to it?

Ouch

Life is how you see it. 

It can look like a mad circus with people living a robotic life, it can also look really beautiful...if you enjoy everything  including yor daily routine Big smile 

I enjoy my daily routine, I feel so much alive and active when I work and study, go for shopping, talk to my old friends, play with my baby cousins, listen to music, travel, etc.. 

Isn't it amazing how you can relate to some total stranger when yor in 4th grade, and they are so emotionally attached to you even after so many years? Embarrassed Dont you feel nice when you see yorself growing so old?   And I'm just 17! I'm yet to see what life actually is and what future holds for me :D 

To me, I am just existing, my parents brought me here... so why not just enjoy, be happy and see where yor life takes you? Life is definately not a joke..it's got SO many things to it, whether they're pointless or not. I find life beautiful :)

EDIT : Have you ever heard of a quote - "Do what you love, love what you do" ?? If you live by this, you'll see a whole new world.. life suddenly looks beautiful if you apporach it with some love.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 03 July 2011 at 4:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged

Edited by angie.4u - 03 July 2011 at 9:37am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroblue-ice.

my_view Goldie
my_view
my_view

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
^^ In any case the realistic in them will be much obliged as long as there are not any hungry men that know fishing around.! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

~

And what is the purpose of life ?
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by night13

~

And what is the purpose of life ?

Purpose is to identify a goal and move towards it.LOL
So what goals should be set? if too high then we lose heart.
Maybe intermediate goals from where we can hop on to the next level.

As  a start I would like to be fully absorbed in just one idea or a thought.

Angie that should be easy for you I think.

Go to top