Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is life a joke or is there something to it? (Page 6)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
I enjoy the daily grind and routine life. It gives life a sense of purpose, and it makes you feel useful. And then when something out of the ordinary happens, you are likely to enjoy it much more as well. When I get sick of the daily grind, I go shopping and buy myself shoes at some place where there is a cute guy working in the shoes department. That makes me happy - and I say that in so much detail because I did exactly that today.

If you're sick of eating at the same places - find some new restaurants! A little bit of research and an inner desire for an adventure doesn't hurt anyone. Eating at new places can also be a fun experience - especially when you find a restaurant that no one has ever heard of before and realize that the food there is great.

Music: Delete everything off your Ipod (or whatever device you use) and load new music. Then some time later, shuffle it all together and load all the ones you deleted back on.

Make some new friends. Talk to new people - that's always fun as well. Or at least it can be if you're open to new things.

At the end of the day - new shoes beats all of the above - but that's just me!

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Lady, for crying out loud, you sound like my antaratma, screaming in my ears every once in a fortnight. I get it. I get your questions. I am working on finding the answers, OK?! I know I need to stay focused but what else do you want me to do?! It's not like life came with a manual...

You know some turtles live up to 250 years or so? Imagine no restaurants, no movies, no video games, no music...and they walk slowly! Really slowly!

Life came with a manual. Its in the DNA and chromosomes. Its just that, its not your manual to read yet. Its the manual for the microorganisms that deem, you ought to exist.

What about the spruces and firs that live up to 3000 years or more. They don't even move. Or what about lichens in Antarctica whose only sole purpose seems to be to exist. Turtles at least have scenery.

But we're not trees or lichens. We're not bacteria or even turtles. We're human for crying out loud. We have all these cortical regions for pleasure, we produce all sorts of happy things like endorphins and serotonin and we're sitting here moping the misery of life.

Do what Ajnu says

Go buy some shoes, but most likely you're not like Ajnu with fetish for new shoes.

But live your human life peoples

Go do something crazy like sky diving or bungee jumping
Go visit a country you've never been before
Strike a conversation with a stranger
Try a cuisine you never tried before
Start learning a new language
Pickup a new hobby
Form a band, a one human band if you will, you don't need to be good or have any fans either Break a petty law and get arrested for doing something silly
If its raining outside, go sing n dance in the rain
If its hot and arid outside, go skinny dipping in a lake
Gather a bunch of friends and play hide and seek at the mall, better yet start a dance flash mob
Tune into a rock station and play your air guitar
If rock is your thing then put the country on and play air fiddle instead

There's a lot about life we don't know and a lot we never will in our times at least. You don't have to put your pen and paper down and give up on the answers. But gosh darn it there is so much about life we already know, and we know that its short, and it would be a terrible thing to waste it, so go out there and be human for a bit and give in to the simpler silly things in life.

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

^^ You forgot to add that the above message has been approved and paid for, by ILGA.

But seriously, we could treat the original poster's message as that of someone having an existential crisis or treat the message as though some teen who's bored texting all day is venting a little bit on this forum, only to go back to fun and games the next moment. I went with the first one.

You don't tell Descartes or Kant to go buy some shoes when they pose questions of similar nature, you try to delve deeper.

If it was a Japanese forum I'd be dead worried.
If it was a different kind of forum maybe its 60% chance of the first one.
On IF its a 90% probability that its the second one.

I'm sure Descartes and Kant would like nice shoes. One can delve deeper while picking shoes. Although, I'm not too fond of shoes. I'm sure we could delve deeper over a dinner of moules frites.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:23am | IP Logged

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. believe everything happens for a reason... If you get a chance, take it, and if it changes your life, let it. Enjoy life... you only have one...so Live your life ..DancingParty

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroAngel-likeDevilblue-ice.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

my_view Goldie
my_view
my_view

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
^^ About some people doing it all in life... Saw Bunty and Babli this weekend and what AB said stuck with me -  
" Yeh world hai na, isme do tarah ke log hote hain,
  Ek jo saari zindagi ek hi kaam karte hain,
  Aur doosre, Jo ek hi zindagi mein saare kaam kar dete hain,
  Yeh main nahin, Yeh woh dono kehte the,
 Aur kehte kya the, Karte the jaisa na kisi ne kiya ho, aur shayad koi kar paye."

As for the topic - Each stage of life from childhood to adult has its own crisis that can cause one to fall into a gloomy despair... however if we bring the realization and awareness that each day gives us another chance to live life in a different way (with or without external influence), it can bring the desired result of wisdom...to live a life of integrity.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Believe-

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Go to top