Rang Badalti Odhani

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Casa 2 Inv on 87 (Wedding Precap on 148) (Page 110)

aditee IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged

Part 64

Sangeet 6

11:57 PM

Mistry Residence

Prad: Gosh! Shes an awesome dancer! (smitten by Khanak obviously)

Shaan: Yep, Gujarati girls dance well (bland)

Prad: I shud have seen her first!

Shaan:Well good luck on building that time machine (sarcastic, so Prad can travel back and put himself in that conference room that day)

Prad's phone rings again, he goes "Shit!" "Let me get this one" and walks out with one ear shut trying to listen

The gilrs are back and drag Khanak to dance this one. She is in no mood for it, knowing the man is sitting 5 feet away staring at her every move.

Dadi: Koi baat nahi beta, start dancing

Khanak: I am tired Dadi

Dadi: Ofcourse not, Shaan has not seen you dance, you must dance for his sake

The 15-25 year olds squeal and tease and root "Kha-nak" "Kha-nak"

Ritu and Saaz join to provide moral support and since Khanak has danced to this one 504 times at various weddings, school and college events she loses herself the moment she decides to go for it.

He watches her face mesmerized. She is not bothered by him anymore, she is dancing her heart out

He is reminded of the following lines:

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

They all clap for Khanak at the end. He does not!

Bai walks up to Deepa and whispers something in her ear,

The DJ starts playing "amplifier" just as her Ada shows concern if people in the neighborhood might complain about the noise levels.

The room fills up with people, young and old all dancing to the tune, most off beat some do really well.

Khanak walks away from him towards a corner table picks up some soda and downs it. She knows his eyes are on her. They know each other well. They know what interests them in a room full of people.

Deepa: Theek aunty!

Bai: Paani aur Bijli check kar lena.

Deepa: Theek hai aunty (taking the keys)

Khanak: Kahan ja rahi hai?

Deepa: Next door to the Solankis, Bai has their house na, who Pune gaye (a young couple). Raat ko pata nahi kaun kaun waha soyega

Khanak: Mujhe de main check karke aati hoon

Deepa: Really? (sarcastic) Dulhan jaayegi?Madam aap "unke" paas jaakar baitho who tab se aap hi ko dekh rahe hain (giggles)LOLEmbarrassedLOLEmbarrassed

Khanak: How nice! (sarcastic)

Snatches the keys from Deepa just as Ada summons her to go upstairs and get his cell phone from the terrace

Khanak sneaks off. Unlocks the Solankis' door, enters, checks the lights and the fans, runs water in the kitchen splashes some on her face. Walks back to the clean organized living room and sits on the couch, the fan is on full blast, she shuts her eyes.

Shaan: Looks like the groom's cousin is a bigger hit than the groom!! (silky taunt)(click as he locks the door and leans on it)EmbarrassedAngryEmbarrassedAngry

Edited by aditee - 21 May 2011 at 3:39pm

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

Aussiegal Senior Member

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
dishbhan Goldie

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
sangeet1 Tongue
sangeet2 Tongue
sangeet3 Tongue
sangeet4 Clap
sangeet5 Embarrassed
sangeet6 Embarrassed

Humari tho neend uda rakhi hain ... nach nachke thak gayi main ... Embarrassed

Edited by dishbhan - 21 May 2011 at 4:03pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Finally caught up!! Adi I was going to ask u to have a separate bachelorette party for Khanak since Ritu is there & she could have arranged it but u made sangeet into one. Big smile 
I wanna ask who is the real Khanak?? The one in boardrooms & meetings or this bewitching one? Which is the real her? Which makes me wanna ask u what was she like before she met Sooraj? I know she was a tomboy, pursued him, did all her antics but was she so chatty & bubbly & spirited back then? So her change in character took place after Sooraj passed away??
And the main characteristic or trait that stood out for me here was 'Khanak is DEFIANT'! If she can defy her mom, it means she can give it back to her in-laws as well if the need arise in future. She is not the meek one who will accept anything & everything in name of culture & respect! Good! She is not feisty only with Shaan but can be so if the situation demands it.
Shaan u have a handful man! Gone r the days where u could chill & relax forgetting everything! Big smile I am so waiting for them to be alone to have a word or two! He is FUMING, all in caps! Her dress, moves with Pradyun & her laughter all has got the effect on him! And Pradyun watch out pal, the avalanche is simply starting to roll. The snow flake won't take long to turn into a giant snowball! Big smile Ooohhh the 'Bhabi' line was awesome, kind of gently drilling in the fact, back out she is mine, ur BHABI! LOL
She will be totally red in anxiety & anticipation & yet her eyes will be like spitting flaming ball of burning coals when she will look at him & his will be silent, ice cold, resenting, warning  & challenging! And he will get a taste of her defiance first hand. And this incident will teach him not to rile her up in future unless & until he wants to play with a ball of fire! Big smile On 2nd thoughts maybe that is what he wants. WinkLOL To burn & get burnt!! LOL
Splendid going Adi! Waiting for the duo's performance on the dance floor & how they burn the whole of Ahmedabad down with their moves, looks, chemistry, physics, biology & attraction. LOL They won't touch or talk much but their eyes will do the talking & their passionate moves. Sigh!! Day Dreaming 
Will be waiting for the rest.
@ Purvi - Lag raha hai he won't need the mirchi after all. The heat oozed from the other end is more than enough! LOL And tu kab se itna duffer ho gayi! Y'day I was talking about his having NON-VEG later & u thought I was only talking about spicy non-veg food?!! Tu bhi yaar! Tu toh mere bolne se pahele samajh jaati hai! WinkLOL And btw Shaan can't tolerate mirchi much, remember Anand Bhavan?? Woh mirchi khayega bhi nahi aur usko nahi chahiye bhi hoga, the orange pepper will do for him! ROFL

Edited by lghosh - 21 May 2011 at 4:19pm

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
T-H-U-D!!!! Just read the last part!!! Day Dreaming 
Pressure Cooker just buzz off! We don't need u any more for ur steam!! ROFL
Adi was Khanak wearing lipstick?? Just wanted to know! ROFL

iluvmanar IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
oh ho..he is j ..luvving it...thanks adi...
lghosh IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Before I get sucked into the volatile interaction of these 2 Adi have fun tonight.
Who r u dressing up as or just in general 70's look??? Rekha, Zeenat, Hema they were the trendsetters back then, teri idol kaun hai? Or it can be Hollywood look as well.
Have a blast like Khanak here. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dishbhan Goldie

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
next part coming up now na?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top