Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dishbhan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -Ray-

no update ðŸ˜•

Who said no update ... Aditee ka tho koi aisa comment nahi hain.

~Dish
-Ray- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dishbhan

Who said no update ... Aditee ka tho koi aisa comment nahi hain.

~Dish

she went offline re ðŸ˜•
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maybe she is cooking up the delicious treat before dishing it out to us!! 😃 So we have to be nice & patient! Aditee ab itna kuch bolne ke baad pls update kar dena!! 😃
-Ray- thumbnail
Originally posted by: lghosh

Maybe she is cooking up the delicious treat before dishing it out to us!! 😃 So we have to be nice & patient! Aditee ab itna kuch bolne ke baad pls update kar dena!! 😃

Lana
u have raised my hope again while I was trying to convince myself otherwise  ...ab update nahi aaya na to..😛 
aditee thumbnail

PART 53

Shivneri Nagar, Chembur

9: 15 pm, May 2nd  Monday

The rain has soaked her clothes, her umbrella had torn from one steel wire. She loved soaking in the rain, so it was rather fun.

Her phone rings

Khanak: Haan Ritu I am downstairs. Abhi lift mein chadoongi.

Shaan: Were you also planning to call me at some point? (sarcastic)

Khanak: You never asked me to call you! (teeth chattering) (something about that tone, ticked her off big time)

Shaan: I never asked you to go to Anushakti Nagar either, but you did!

Shaan: Kya hua? Chup kyon ho?

Khanak: I am cold, I got soaked in the rain.

Shaan: That's good to know!

Khanak: Thanks! Abhi mein lift mein chad rahi hoon, shaayad kat jaaye.

Shaan: Or  are you hoping it would?

A guilty flush covers her face.

Khanak:  I am not in a mood to fight right now''.

Shaan: That's a first!

Khanak: I am home now. So you know.

Shaan: Its past 9:30 Khanak!

Khanak (looking at her phone) Its actually 9: 27!

Shaan: Tumhe khushi milti hai?

Khanak: Kis baat se?

Shaan: (ignoring the bait) How did you commute?

Khanak: train se!

Shaan: Tumhaare "local" ka driver naraaz ho jaata agar tum cab le leti?(sarcastic, condescending).

Khanak: Nahi, I was worried the South Bombay brats would bother me if I was walking the streets at night waiting for a cab!

Shaan: Watch what you say Khanak! you are going to be married to one soon!(silky)

Khanak: Oh! How can I forget? I still haven't recovered from the shock of the engagement.

Pause

Enters the apartment, Ritu is sprawled on the divan watching TV with a smug smile, smells like food, churns up her stomach. Maybe Kritik called?

Khanak: I have to go now!

Shaan: Thanks for not bothering to call?

Khanak:  You are over reacting! Ive always travelled by buses or trains. Not all of us can afford S class Mercs. Some of us have to be walking the streets to get splashed by the water your tyres kick up.

Shaan: Make sure your fist doesn't hurt after hurling that blow.

Khanak: You abandon me to go off to work and then expect me to call you after a routine day? (spontaneous, as they say "Its good to let it all out!")

Shaan: Khanak''''

Khanak: I don't want to talk.

Shaan: You are in your own world. I saw how you cross the road outside Ajmera a few times. You need an adult guiding you.

Khanak: Not sure who you saw. It was not me!

Shaan: Did Parul send you the invite?

Khanak: Yes she did!

Shaan: You should get the detail behind the scoring in an hour or two.

Khanak: I am not working tonite (miffed)

Shaan: I did not expect you to! (he realized she was back being tactless)

Khanak: I will see you if I make it to the review.

Shaan: Much of it revolves around the work you had oversight on.

Khanak: Thanks for the back handed compliment!

Shaan: Sure Khanak,  I assume you will not let personal battles with fiance  impact your work?

Click!

May 3rd Tuesday

1 PM

Ajmera Corporate office

The day began beautifully for Khanak. Kritik had showed up and had given her and Ritu a ride to work after taking them out for breakfast. Her tailor had finally returned a dark pink churidar kurta after alteration. She had bought it at Meena Bazaar a month ago, and it was lost somewhere. It had the most gorgeous dark pink dupatta, with yellow paint like artwork. The trim on her kurta matched the dupatta's design. She braided her hair on top of her head, and wore fake gold hoops. Her nose was red with all the sneezing, "Now! If only I could make that dark pink, then I would match all over" she thought, looking at her reflection.

Despite feeling like she was coming down with a cold, she felt great. She didn't think too much about her fight with Shaan. It had almost become a routine.

Wondered if he thought about life after the wedding like she did. He had looked up at the window just before he had hopped into his car on Saturday, she was too upset to meet his eyes, she had stepped back. She had brought out  her favorite blanket and gone on to take a three hour nap on the divan, where he lay down at one point. She had asked him what he was wearing, "Clive Christian's C" he said. She wondered how many colognes he had. Wondered if he thought about their kiss. He never gushed, just one or two sentences here and there, that completely took her breath away.

Scorecard Review in progress. 2 :10 PM

There are 11 people around the table, Shaan, Nachiket, Khanak, Ram, four auditor reps, and three people  from Ajmera's vendor liaisoning team. They ideally had to have a couple more Site reps but they went missing as Rahat did not want work to be disrupted for these reviews. Already mulstiple crisis was brewing at the site and Shaan was reluctant to be spending hours in formal reviews like these, when he could be working hands on.

The review covers a range of metrics,tracking, timeliness, accuracy, follow up, availability, responsiveness, collaboration, simplicity and a half dozen other key process indicators.

They are scored a solid green for 100%, lime green, yellow orange and red for below 60%. The data was obtained from email exchanges, data sheets, design plans, reports and project updates  between Ajmera and Modi &  Dastur.

A couple tracking and timeliness score a solid green, but most are either a lime green or a orange.

Ram is clearly not as upset as Khanak!

Khanak has a series of questions on how they were scored and how they compared to other firms on the projects etc. Some results were not disclosed publicly, further agitated her. Shaan was completely involved despite being pressed for time.

Some comments included "Errors in schematic designs" "system shut down when firm's design changes were uploaded"  "review/submittal schedule overlooked in three instances" "Design changes not submitted to CAD standards compliance archive".

Ram touches her hand reassuringly. He has over 12 years of experience in the industry and had warned her that such reviews were more a formality than radical efforts to change process. Khanak's devastated anyway.

This was her first project of this size, with a client as big as Ajmera. Some scores she was quite embarrassed, because she knew she could have done better!!

There were too many charts, graphs, benchamarks, comparisions to industry standards... Her eyes were becoming watery now, with the sneezing, she had downed her third cup of chai. Wanted to go to bed...

Her dupatta had caught on her ring a couple of times, he had noticed it just when she was freeing I, both times. In a room full of people, they exchanged looks unmindful of people around them. The results were terrible on one hand and she was feuding with him on the other, and her cold was threatening to take over her body.

After multiple arguments and discussions and some corrections, the meeting finally ends after 5 PM. Ram is pleased and not too perturbed. Khanak is a mess, physically and emotionally.

She walks over to Paula's desk to check if she has comething for colds. She doesn't want to ask Shaan's admin.

He is out sprinting behind her, wearing navy trousers and a white shirt with broad vertical navy stripes. "He looks and acts like a million bucks only when I feel like a bum" she concludes.

Shaan: Khanak'..

Khanak (turns around, wiping her eyes) Ya?

Shaan: Are you upset?

Khanak: No I just have an awful cold... or something...

Shaan: Hang on... talks on the phone)

She walks to Paula's desk, Paula's missing.

Ram has asked her to take off already.

Shaan: Hey, where are you off to?

Khanak: Umm let me think''' first to some skiing, then snow boarding (miserable yet not quitting)

Shaan: You should save those punches for when you get better. They don't seem to be landing well (taunting)

Khanak: the review is over. So I am going back to work (lies)

Shaan: Khanak, you need to rest!

Khanak: I thought we  shud celebrate my "all green" score card? (sneezing mid way, losing the knock-back)

Shaan(walking up to her, out of earshot of the guests waiting) Khanak,  That was splendid...but Act II is just for our private viewing!  😡

(angry, hissing between his teeth) (not touching her yet verbally forceful)
Edited by aditee - 12 years ago
RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hei aditee,
a long part..so sweet of u..
oh god..these two are just awesome..
they just fight for all the things they could..
in some way r other they r always in each other's mind..
their sarcastic comments r simply superb...
CASA is simply awesome...
wat was the act II shaan was speaking abt?
continue soon...
Edited by RB81 - 12 years ago
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dekha bola na patiently wait karne ko!! 😃 Thanks Aditee!
Ab main kya boloon! Tera story & writing is so addictive that I feel like sparring with someone right now, aise hi, for no rime or reason! 😃 Their fights r also appealing & has so much more pizzazz.
I knew Shaan wouldn't come personally to take her to that place to collect those forms. He is not a regular dopey eyed guy in love but a man with a strong backbone who stands his ground no matter what. And I love him for that! Had enough of those running after their gf's or wives endlessly. And similarly Khanak too knowing she is wrong somewhere or he is right in some way stands her ground & fight back no matter what! They r so made for each other.
But every time Shaan makes a threat she takes them seriously or understands the full implications & knows he is not just saying it but means every word of it. Maybe because she knows he is a man of few words & doesn't want to waste his precious words just like that.
And finally she admitted that she is sulking because he left her on Saturday for work. Will she curb his work on weekends after marriage? If she does I can so see him commenting with a smirk 'oh u have better ways to spend the weekend with me then?' & she will be totally quiet or simply will change the topic. 😆 And thanks for the information about Saturday when he left her. So desperately wanted to know.
And Shaan must be fuming inside for her condition right now. He asked her not to go & in spite of that she went middle of the night that too drenched in rain & now has got a cold. What an icing on the cake with a cherry on top! 😃 And he is concerned & yet he won't directly say anything how worried he was about her! As I said their fights r also stylish. It totally captivates me. Its all insinuated or simply 'unsaid' or merely hinted & both gets the drift as to what the other is saying.
Shaan is superb when he is sarcastic! I can see the way he delivers his lines with the right pause & tone & at the right time. Really I can see it being played right in front of me. And yes this time maybe due to her ill health she lost to him in this fabulous feud. I was laughing so badly when he said to save the punches till she is better because its not landing well. OMG that was really something! Aditee sach mein take a bow.
And Act I is over in front of every1 where they fought about work & little tits-bits but the Act II is for private screening only for themselves!! That takes the cake!! Seriously I grin away endlessly reading & imagining them. Can we be privy to their Act II as well, pls, pretty pls?? 😃 Never thought I will be drooling over a fight between a couple!
Superb update!! I look for their squbbles now along with their romance, it makes the making-up all the more spicy & sweet. 😃
Now I can sleep peacefully with sweet dreams, won't bother u now till tomorrow! 😃 Good night & sweet dreams to u too.
Edited by lghosh - 12 years ago
-Ray- thumbnail
sorry!   blue line samajh me nahi aaya, can any1 explain..pls ðŸ˜Š Edited by -Ray- - 12 years ago
Ujjwala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thanks a ton for the update ...😃
I just loved the fight ...
especially when he asks abt her commute-

Shaan: Tumhaare "local" ka driver naraaz ho jaata agar tum cab le leti?(sarcastic, condescending).

Khanak: Nahi, I was worried the South Bombay brats would bother me if I was walking the streets at night waiting for a cab!

Shaan: Watch what you say Khanak! you are going to be married to one soon!(silky)

Khanak: Oh! How can I forget? I still haven't recovered from the shock of the engagement.

Although her last sentence sounds a lil rude, She knows that Shan wouldn mind.. that is the comfort level they share.....

shaan sounded very cute when he said -
Make sure your fist doesn't hurt after hurling that blow.

and

You should save those punches for when you get better. They don't seem to be landing well (taunting)

Could not stop laughing wen Khanak says -
You are over reacting! Ive always travelled by buses or trains. Not all of us can afford S class Mercs. Some of us have to be walking the streets to get splashed by the water your tyres kick up.

Poor Shaan 😊

Loved the part where she wonders if even he thinks abt the life after marriage and abt their kiss etc... that is what I like abt ur writing.. very natural  and the sarcasm in each of their convo is ultimate....😊

cheers,
Ujjwala

Edited by Ujjwala - 12 years ago
Ujjwala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Edited by Ujjwala - 12 years ago