Defending Talli - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Nach_Baliye

I thought of writing a post defending Talli, seeing as she gets a lot of flack for being annoying. When Talli was young she thought of Kesar as her best friend and tried to prevent him from doing the wrong thing. Kesar used to take a bit of advantage of her sometimes but Talli tolerated it. The girl got a family and mother who loves her like anything after her father passed away, she would have been happy with just that. But Gulaal the great had to tell her when she was very very young and had just lost her father that she will never have to go to another house after marriage because Gulaal promises to marry her to Kesar.

Obviously this is a very strong thing to say - Talli was so young and has now grown up for the last 10 years thinking of Kesar as her husband and has fallen in love with him without even knowing him, she is in love just with the thought of being in love with him. Another thing is that she knows she will never leave this family and house and her beloved Sudha and Gulaal if she gets married to Kesar. What more could a young girl who has lost her entire family want? Gulaal knows full well how much Talli loves Kesar, and keeps bringing up the promise of marrying her to Kesar, leading her on even more despite knowing how Kesar is now.

Talli is a sweet misguided girl who aligns herself with Kesar only because of Gulaal's promises. Once she realizes how much Kesar loves Gulaal, she will step back especially because she loves Gulaal and Jamna's words that she is a burden. She would give Kesar and Gulaal space if she was not so insecure, she doesn't know if Kesar loves her and she is madly in love with him. Obviously she wants to spend more time with him. He doesn't pay any attention to her and teases her just like a friend. But his approval means the world to her. Its such an unfortunate situation for Talli, and I have full sympathy for her. I hope she finds out sooner rather than later about Kesar's feelings - she doesn't deserve to be in the dark anymore. I fully blame Gulaal for ruining this girl's life, Gulaal is over-confident in her right over Kesar and herself being right all the time but has no clue.

Nice post :). @bold...this is something I am contemplating too given her deep love and concern for Gulaal. Lets see what's in store for us.
I absolutely agree with you about the insecurities in her mind for Kesar and I am guessing that she is not the one to turn negative after finding out that he loves Gulaal. She is a bit more subdued for that..she'll plainly accept it and internalize her pain.And yes...its all Gulaal's fault even if she had the right intentions behind it .Its only going to complicate things further.
I love Talli's character...I know she is annoying to most people on the forum but I find her a necessary part of the mix.

She is complicated because she is sweet, caring, over anxious to get everyone's love, she is young, silly and loves Kesar and Gulaal completely.

She is hard to hate and it will be interesting to see what we have in store for us when she finds out about Kesar's feelings towards herself and Gulaal.

The actress herself is doing an excellent job on portraying Talli. 

Athough I want to see more of Kesar-Gulaal .. I find I don't mind Talli too much!
I think the problem with talli is that all she ever thinks about is kesar and her marriage too him. Being part of the new modern (and I admit western) generation, a character that only thinks of boys and marriage doesn't appeal to me.
But I understand why in away she is so desperate to marry kesar. We can't put all the blame on gulaal and sudha, as I think JK is partially to blame, with her constant bullying of talli. Hearing that she's a burden and that everyone in her house is not really her own, could be the reason why she so wants to be with kesar. Once she's married to him JK can still taunt her but at least she can't say she has no real claim to the house and people she loves so deeply.
I like that they are showing her trying to become independant now, with this tution track. I prefer this track, rather than having her marrying dushyant.
I also hope that she realizes that kesar has feelings for gulaal, before any engagement or marriage between then happens. How horrible would it be for her, if she were to find out on her wedding day to kesar?!  Ugh, let's all hope things don't get that far! I don't think she'll try and bring them together, that could be asking to much of her, but I do think she will step back.

I find Talli a character with some uncertain undertones.  She is attention grabbing, always has been even when a kid.  Yet there was the precocious little girl who grew up without a mother and was mature for her age.  I found it odd, that despite her sense of responsibility and affection for gulaal, when it came to JK's taunts, she chose to leave a feverish Gulaal (who was laid up due to her irresponsible prank) and go to the cottage.   She was unable to look beyond her grief at the genuinely dangerous situation she had created.  On the other hand, here is a girl who understands that monetary independence  is a good thing - I hope she does grow from her experience to becoming a person who is a changemaker for women in the village...
Talli did choose to leave a feverish Gulaal, but she is a teenager and teenagers, especially ones in love, tend to be selfish and think more with their heart, nothing matters more than friends and boyfriend. So I kind of understand her behavior at leaving because she was hurt and not thinking of anything or anyone else. She is still mature for kids her age.

Talli did choose to leave a feverish Gulaal, but she is a teenager and teenagers, especially ones in love, tend to be selfish and think more with their heart, nothing matters more than friends and boyfriend. So I kind of understand her behavior at leaving because she was hurt and not thinking of anything or anyone else. She is still mature for kids her age.

Is she really a teenager? She does appear to be one and acts like one. But if Kesar is 22 (12 + 10 years), then she should be the same age too since they were in the same class when they were little... Unless she had somehow advanced into higher classes due to being smart (didn't she get top scores or something when they were younger?).

I thought of writing a post defending Talli, seeing as she gets a lot of flack for being annoying. When Talli was young she thought of Kesar as her best friend and tried to prevent him from doing the wrong thing. Kesar used to take a bit of advantage of her sometimes but Talli tolerated it. The girl got a family and mother who loves her like anything after her father passed away, she would have been happy with just that. But Gulaal the great had to tell her when she was very very young and had just lost her father that she will never have to go to another house after marriage because Gulaal promises to marry her to Kesar.

Obviously this is a very strong thing to say - Talli was so young and has now grown up for the last 10 years thinking of Kesar as her husband and has fallen in love with him without even knowing him, she is in love just with the thought of being in love with him. Another thing is that she knows she will never leave this family and house and her beloved Sudha and Gulaal if she gets married to Kesar. What more could a young girl who has lost her entire family want? Gulaal knows full well how much Talli loves Kesar, and keeps bringing up the promise of marrying her to Kesar, leading her on even more despite knowing how Kesar is now.

Talli is a sweet misguided girl who aligns herself with Kesar only because of Gulaal's promises. Once she realizes how much Kesar loves Gulaal, she will step back especially because she loves Gulaal and Jamna's words that she is a burden. She would give Kesar and Gulaal space if she was not so insecure, she doesn't know if Kesar loves her and she is madly in love with him. Obviously she wants to spend more time with him. He doesn't pay any attention to her and teases her just like a friend. But his approval means the world to her. Its such an unfortunate situation for Talli, and I have full sympathy for her. I hope she finds out sooner rather than later about Kesar's feelings - she doesn't deserve to be in the dark anymore. I fully blame Gulaal for ruining this girl's life, Gulaal is over-confident in her right over Kesar and herself being right all the time but has no clue.

hey frnd u actually said which i wanted 2 say. absolutely right its Gulal's fault dat she is showing such dreams which will turn into a heartbreak 4 sweet Talli.

But Gulal also unaware abt Kesar's feeling 4 her.