India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

So what?!

Filza. IF-Rockerz
Filza.
Filza.

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

just a few questions... coz really they have been bothering me quite a lot now...

Why is Krishna labelled a 'joru ka ghulam' and his wife's pet whenever he talks in favor of Pratigya? Even If he is a 'joru ka ghulam' so what? What is really wrong in it? So what if he takes her side most of the time? In reality would not every girl want a husband who would stand by her side always?

Also how does that weaken his character? Taking his wife's side for a man imply he is weak? Confused So is it beating your wife, shouting at her, misbehaving with her, hurting her physically or emotionally that makes man a real man? Isn't it the kindness and love in him and understanding and most importantly respect from him for his lady that makes him a man?

A girl leaves her house, her parents, her family for one person, is it too much on her part to expect support from him especially in this case when other influential members from her in-laws family hate her to the extent that they want to kill her!! I understand Krishna does not maintain a balance between his wife and parents but have his parents ever been genuine to him? Do they really deserve that same affection from K that he gives to P? I, for one, cannot comprehend how can his parents, who say they love him, stoop so low to conspire against his happiness... SS loves his son to death (apparently!!) but attempts to kill his wife... Does he not know how much K loves her? Or he knows it but he still goes ahead with it because his personal hatred for her is more important for him than his son's wish ...

Amma claims to love him too but does she really? In-spite of Krishna being vocal about what he considers Pratigya in his life plus him making it clear his 'dhaba' is his dream his mother wants to get rid of his wife and wants his business to shut down!! Is this what a mother does? Are parents supposed to be like this? Who plot against their children's happiness? in-fact parents would go to any length for their child's sake. Here we see parents doing all possible for them to ruin their own kid's life!! But still we want that child to stand up for his parents and support them and not his wife, who for all her shortcomings, is at least sincere to him and in her heart desires the best for him... And now that he will be supporting his mother and will turn against his wife he will be appreciated... Confused why is that?

Thakurs are entertaining and very good actors but the fact is these are evil characters and their actions very well portray that then why do we tend to justify all their actions? Just because it is fun to watch them ?

When our  'joru ka ghulam' Krishna manhandles Pratigya or shouts at her he is a 'man' but when he speaks in her favor he becomes his wife's puppy... ? Is masculinity all about not talking for your wife, not supporting her and having control over her? For if he supports her it is said he has no self-respect and is just blindly following her?  So old Krishna means a ruthless K? Do we want that Confused And is a submissive wife the best one? 

Sorry for the rant but as you can make out from too many confused emoticons in this post i am really confused Embarrassed LOL 

P.S This is not about the wife Pratigya, her duties, or her principles... realism and idealism, neither the Saxsenas... This is just about Krishna. His wife's pet Krishna who supposedly has lost his charm only because he listens to Pratigya and there exists a general perception that he has no mind of his own...  which I admit, bugs me.. As all are free to express their thoughts here so I did... Hope will not be misunderstood but if anyone is hurt my apologies!  

Edited by Filza.T - 08 May 2011 at 4:40am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

kriya_sruthisweet_bhankipheonix1sudharao100roshna1020ninahegdeajitha10Mitrashakti-BugsBunny-Eden_luvsKriya---Yemi---a_umaAziyaHamiSkyAnondo.RtelstraMayavi-26hussainramsobabithajSnigdha_KhanamFIZK6carisma2

kriya_sruthi Senior Member
kriya_sruthi
kriya_sruthi

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
wah!!! wah!!! badiya..!!! exactly my thgt bt didnt knw hw to voice it...

he genuinely wants to change n be a beta person... tats wat i see...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-BugsBunny-Filza.babithaj

FIZK6 IF-Sizzlerz
FIZK6
FIZK6

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Interesting topic Filza.
A real man is someone who is loving, caring and considerate of his wife and others. He doesn't need to get verbally and physically abusive to be considered a man. Anyone can do that. In fact it takes alot of patience and understanding to be a loving husband. A man stands by his wife at all times and doesn't degrade her  in front of others.
Even in todays society people mock a man, like you said calls him Joru ka Gulam, if he shows abit more respect to his wife and listens to her.
In the Thakur family women have always been ridiculed. But since Krishna married Pratigya his family have been mocking Krishna for loving Pratigya. Parents want their children to be happy, so trying to get your daughter in law killed or drive a wedge between the couple, will that really make your son happy? Wont he suffer?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Filza.babithaj

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Hello Filza,

Bravo! I loved it. Very clear and accurate description. This is unfortunate what women has to go through in the subcontinent. Dominating men are powerful and men who support their wives are puppets. Pathetic norms of the male dominated society.

Coming to the thakur's, they are evil people with no heart. They do not entertain me, but on the contrary disgust me. This show will close down the day Krishna will side with his evil and pathetic mother and go against Pratigya. But if that happens then I would believe that the bullet she took for him was for nothing. But I doubt that will happen. The main concept of this serial is their love. If they are separated, then nothing will be left.

Anu

sudharao100babithaj

babithaj IF-Sizzlerz
babithaj
babithaj

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Filza... Brilliant... this is what i wanna convey even... iam making myself out from some threads, but somewhere i've to put my mind and live in peace...
 Ok, out of topic - how come Shyam Saxena has been labelled as a bad father???? How SS is different from him??? Atleast, Shyamji is not cunning as SS, he never tried to kill Komal... whatever it is, just to show ur enmity and to gain back ur son from her, is killing tht girl is the only solution??? Now Amma took a different weapon to get back her son... Atleast green House pplis not this bad and cruel...
 what Ss was talking abt, P against her brother and she lacks love and affection???...Supporting one's evil deeds and wrong doings is not true love and affection at all... here KN is worse than her, he was the one who pushed a log whn his own sweety, innocent brother came walking... and he was the one who supported Radee to behave in sucha manner with his own bro's wife... how shameful...All these entertainments r surely missing in GH...and viewers r entertained in TN with lot os masalas which is not at all good for health...

I'll ask only one Q, How SR/marriage changes a man's smartness and own basic characters... one's own basic qualities will not be changed so easily... and what P did with him??? Poor girl, she is the one who truly loving tht man K... His own family tried to kill his love of his life.. trying to attack him from the back and tht too he won her after a long struggle... Poor K, how he'll react if all tht came to light...

Edited by ramanbabitha - 07 May 2011 at 7:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pheonix1Mitrashakti-BugsBunny-Mayavi-26

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ramanbabitha

Filza... Brilliant... this is what i wanna convey even... iam making myself out from some threads, but somewhere i've to put my mind and live in peace...
Ok, out of topic - how come Shyam Saxena has been labelled as a bad father???? How SS is different from him??? Atleast, Shyamji is not cunning as SS, he never tried to kill Komal... whatever it is, just to show ur enmity and to gain back ur son from her, is killing tht girl is the only solution??? Now Amma took a different weapon to get back her son... Atleast green House pplis not this bad and cruel...
what Ss was talking abt, P against her brother and she lacks love and affection???...Supporting one's evil deeds and wrong doings is not true love and affection at all... here KN is worse than her, he was the one who pushed a log whn his own sweety, innocent brother came walking... and he was the one who supported Radee to behave in sucha manner with his own bro's wife... how shameful...All these entertainments r surely missing in GH...and viewers r entertained in TN with lot os masalas which is not at all good for health...

I'll ask only one Q, How SR/marriage changes a man's smartness and own basic characters... one's own basic qualities will not be changed so easily... and what P did with him??? Poor girl, she is the one who truly loving tht man K... His own family tried to kill his love of his life.. trying to attack him from the back and tht too he won her after a long struggle... Poor K, how he'll react if all
tht came to light...

I have refrained myself from commenting too, but I was very moved by this topic and so I decided to answer. Honestly, maybe I am one of those people who have never found the thakur's entertaining at all. To me they are criminals and I do not see them beyond that. I love Pratigya's character and I am very fond of Pooja as a young talent. She reminds me of my younger sis. Although I would have done many things differently in her position, but nevertheless she stands for the truth and that is enough for me. Although I have been pessimistic about Krishna, I have a feeling that he will never side with Amma. The show will close down , if he does. The murder attempts on Pratigya will come out and Pratogya Niwas will happen.

Anu

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

babithaj

stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Although the Thakurs have been sown as the extremely illiterate and violent people..but the whole "uro ka ghulam" this is wtt our society does...except for some educated or udnerstanding ppl...the normal avergae ppl in our south asian society calls this to anyone who listens sincerely to his wife..it is a sad fact..forget sad it is ridiculous but it happens...i have actually heard ppl say this to others in real life and it is just pathetic...its just that families forget to understand that now this guy has more responsibilites and that he has to take care of this new girl in his life they still want the same son or brother in thr life completely undivided...i really wish this though changes though

Filza.babithaj

laks76 Goldie
laks76
laks76

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Filza. waa nice post. Good job. u asked some questions i asked before in my post when that topic came. one thing is sure the love of man to a woman is different from a woman love to man. i mean the way they express it. some are expressive some are not that expressive. i agreed with all yr points. kidoos. i will write more later.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

babithaj

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index