Gulaal

India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Figured Out Why The Show Isn't Doing Well...

trinitynyx Senior Member
trinitynyx
trinitynyx

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
I started watching this show after the 10 year leap because I like the chemistry between Kesar and Gulal and feel that I may have found the reason the show's not doing so well. Simply put, it's very slow. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, however, the speed of the show, as compared to other shows, is quite slow. Quite honestly, I wish it would pick up a little bit. Not too much, but just a bit. 

I get that this is not an ordinary soap, like others on tv (something I am eternally grateful for) but the writers need to start picking up the speed a little bit if they want their ratings to go up. We've been dealing with the same plot since the leap; Kesar's dealing with what he heard in the jeep about Vasant's death. I feel as though we need to move past that and onto Gulaal and Kesar's relationship as lovers. 

At the rate the writers are going, I may just stop watching the show because I watch it for Kesar and Gulaal scenes. Don't really care much about anyone else. And Talli just annoys me to no end. 

What do you guys think?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

woosterreemgprernacdaIncenseFallen Angel....Poojie....

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
I do agree..the show lacks in pace...that's the problem with it...
ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
I started to watch the show after the leap as well.  But I don't think the show is slow.  They spend a lot of time developing and showing all the other characters.  Which is great because then the story is about the entire family and it gives the story more width and depth.

I like the pace. 

-Shelly  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturijaaneshin

shk281 Groupbie
shk281
shk281

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I agree with the above. In a way its good that the show is going a lil slow like if they wouldve shown Kesar come back after all those years with those doubts he has in mind and get used/act civil to Gulaal quickly, that wouldnt have made any sense cuz hes not mad cuz of a lil issue of sendin him to boardin like gul thinks, its somethin much more important and u cant just forget somethin like that

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturiIncense

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

i think it didn't do well in the beinning coz  cv misleaded us by that magical powers of gulaal ...it was like y anyone interested in water finding ability ...vasant and gulaal chemistry was good and show initally do well ... then dropped due to adult child marriage factor now show is moving with its original script...which is good but right now the whole tension and strangeness of this kes-gul is not explored the show is about deeyarvatu the relation that has yet not started  besides cv are mainly  concentrating on vasant deadth which is bit streching (i feel so ) ...i think they have already shown a lot vasant factor nobody is able to come out of vasant who is gone and story revolves around the past it isnt moving forward ...and also the story is bit dark and gloomy noone is happy expect that talli who is happy for whatever reason sudha bhabhi jamna kaki motaba panba dushyant kesar and gulaal they all are living a sad life...thats the resaon i think the show isnt doing extremely well but ya its doing a decent job 

Edited by arti07 - 07 May 2011 at 1:55pm
reemg Senior Member
reemg
reemg

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Ah thank god someone posted this up
i thought it was only me that was thinking this, what an amazing story i mean gulaal is an amazing show, no other show is like Gulaal and thats what makes it so special
i was telling my friend this the other day - it's going to slow they need to fasten it up when kesar starts to realise the depth of his feelings for Gulaal and Gulaal needs to realise the same and that, wow when that happens they will have MAJOR VIEWERS POURING IN!!
trinitynyx Senior Member
trinitynyx
trinitynyx

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
@reemg I agree. The minute the track changes, the show's ratings will go up. The chemistry between Gulaal and Kesar is phenomenal! 

@lovtv  I understand your POV, but the show is titled "Gulaal" not "Gulaal and Family". 

@shk281 I get that the writers can't hurry up and show Kesar being ok with the way Vasant was killed. But they're really really dragging it out now. The leap occurred in the first week or so of April and we're still hearing about Vasant's death... 

I do wish the show would move away from the past (Vasant's death) and into the future (Gulaal & Kesar). And please for the love of ____, get rid of Talli. Just hearing her voice makes me wanna kick butt :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wooster

MythriN Newbie
MythriN
MythriN

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
This weeks TRPs seems promising at 3.36. With a probable Kesar_Gulaal line, there is marked improvement in viewership. Hope the creatives work it on those lines so that this show creates history

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trinitynyx

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index