Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: radhika5

Radha

Thanks so much for such a beautiful thread๐Ÿค—---it amazes me how you can come up with these philosophical threads and more importantly connect them back to CB

Thanks Radhika5๐Ÿค—

Divine will---one is always perplexed by such things...because in such circumstances, logic and reason do not work...personal wish / desire makes one do certain things; but divine will can supersede the personal desires...and most of the time, it may not be recognized as such...
Mortals need to be vigilant of divine force prevailing and not to defy it.

And you took this concept and showed us how BB's desire to get the Purohit money and make her son RajPurohit----will be thwarted----and Radhika will be the one who is but an instrument to achieve that...And all the preceding events were in preparation for this----how beautifully you have pulled it all together...
One of the important factors for me to watch the show is the Kanha factor.  Even as I watch the show these kind of  thoughts is very easy to comprehend for me.  More than anything else, I love the human behavioural pattern and how each one reacts or acts differently to the same kind of situation.  this creation of God has always amazed and intrigued me.  I am more a reader than a writer, I love and enjoy to read others thoughts.  

And absolutely love your quote

One is your WILL and one is MY WILL

If you Will what I will,

I will give you more than your Will

If you don't, I will tire you in your own Will

Finally what happens is MY WILL.

But still, one has to put in their own effort as "God only helps who help themselves"--so it would be fun to see Radhika's struggle and fight to thwart BB's plan----

To me CB2 is all about this--it is about Radhika--and Radhika's fight---she will be the central character in the story---

We all draw parallels of this serial to the epic stories--whether it be Ramayan or it be Mahabharat One of the views is that the the central character in Ramayan is Seeta---It is said that "Ramayan Mahakavyan Seetayascharitam Mahat"...and it is for Seeta's sake Rama comes in------So if I may take the liberty to draw a parallel to this serial----...Dev, who is totally "kartavya" bound to his family at this time-----may come in to help Radhika to ultimately overcome all her obstacles and completely immerse herself in the "colors of her beloved" and then truly it will be sanwaare ke sang rachi Choti Bahu...

It is one of my favourite quotes and enjoy the depth of the meaning it conveys. Yes, Radhika is the central character of CB2.  I would like Dev and Radhika to become seasoned campaigners going through the tough rigours and rudiments of life before they are ready to take up the responsibilities of becoming RP and RPian.  both of them are young and naive stuck with their own beliefs and obligations that it will hardly take anytime for the tough villians to overpower them. 
Thanks again Radha for a beautiful thread and all others for making the thread lively...๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for your response too.
๐Ÿ‘

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: radha_bilahari

Well he will be blamed but does he have the right to sacrifice Radikas happiness for his obligation. What right does he have to spoil someones elses life? At some level he is doing this to Radhika because he considers Radhika as his own... since he has no sense of identity he is doing the same to Radhika...but Radhika is not an object, she is a human being. So if someone asks Dev this question will he have any answer? Also he could have been upfront to Rohan regarding Radhika and then left the decision to Rohan. Now if someone asks Dev that why did he do this to Rohan then will he have any answer. So I really hope that someone makes Dev understand that one cannot play with others life to fulfill their personal duties...will the creatives show this as his personal growth, I have no clue.
Personally I do not want Dev to think even in any corner of his heart that Radhika is his.  If he entertains such thoughts, then he is trespassing into dangerous waters.  for me, he will almost become like Yudhishtir who in his weakness for the game of dice gambled his wife.  For Dev his weakness is the PB family and his personal obligations and therefore sacrificed his wife (assuming that he considers her his wife rather than love)  The reason why I feel this way is, had he not known that he was married to Radhika, then the benefit of doubt goes to him that he is sacrificing his love, but here he knows that she thinks they are married, that will be there in his mind though he is in denial, which means he is in dangerous territory.

To me Dev does not love Radhika (love as a "normal" person will know and understand), he is in love with his dream girl and that dream girl is Radhika. Since that dream girl was his own, so too is Radhika. Thats what he has been taught ...to love means to possess and there is no boundary (Rohan does exactly  the same thing to Dev, he loves Dev in his own way and treats him like his possession...and since no one stops Rohan, Dev thinks that this is how it should be ). Thats what I am getting from Dev. He also knows that Radhika loves him...Rohan pointed that out to him that since that girl came to meet him it shows how much she loves him and if given a chance she can stand by his side and face all the problems together and as soon as Rohan said that, Dev thought about Radhika wanting to meet him and the next day he told Radhika that if she does anything then she won't see him. Dev does love this image of his dream girl which is Radhika to him, but not the real Radhika. Due to his growing up years Dev has a very convoluted and unhealthy definition of love. He has been taught to sacrifice as a duty and also because when one loves someone then one is supposed to sacrifice and to see that the other person is happy (Thats what he is doing for Rohan). To me thats what he is expecting Radhika to do...since he knows that Radhika loves him, he is expecting her to sacrifice that love for the sake of what he wants and that is following his duty. But he is not understanding that Radika is not in love with him, she is in love with KK so she is not getting his point of view...also Radhika is not his possession and what he knows by love is actually not love... So although Dev's actions are debatable but as far as human behaviour goes he is being pretty consistent, taking into consideration the way he was brought up. This is just my POV. 

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Here i think fault like with writers who are in two minds what to show about Dev,s feeling towards Radhika ...If think about recent  tracks , you do not feel an iota of Dev,s love  for Radhika , its all because of Creatives ...If he loves Radhika and sacrificing his love because of his family obligation , then have to show some kind of outburst of his  inner thoughts , his pain for giving up his love ...Misti once i said something like that Dev or Radhika may  be feelings this or that , in your post , you said that its Creatives job to explain the feelings to viewers ...May be Dev is behaving rudely with Radika , intentionally so that she forgets  him and moves  with her life ...Just one song came to my mind about Radhika,s side ...  Main Piya Teri Tu Jaane Ya Na  Jaane , Kanha Jaane Koi Jaane Ya Na Jaane...Changed one world ...MAY BE IN GOOD TIMES

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is7oI1kMQKY[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by neerjashingla - 12 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Here i think fault like with writers who are in two minds what to show about Dev,s feeling towards Radhika ...If think about recent  tracks , you do not feel an iota of Dev,s love  for Radhika , its all because of Creatives ...If he loves Radhika and sacrificing his love because of his family obligation , then have to show some kind of outburst of his  inner thoughts , his pain for giving up his love .
But Neerja he decided that long time back and they did show it...he decided to sacrifice his feelins for his dreamgirl when he put that chunri on the statue and covered it up. Before doing that he walked in the room and he was crying...he was in pain and then they showed anger on his face. But I do accept that they need to give him a monolgue expressing his POV...I have been asking that for sometime now...most of the people on this forum have been asking, but the creatives are not giving it. I don't have any clue why they are doing this...because if the audience don't understand Dev and loose connection with him then it will be bad for the show.

..Misti once i said something like that Dev or Radhika may  be feelings this or that , in your post , you said that its Creatives job to explain the feelings to viewers
Yes I did say that I still believe it and to me the creatives are still failing in this respect. People on this forum can discuss and help each other out...but the all TRP generating audience in India might not have internet access...they might even not know that IF exists...they might not even have time to sit and analyse the show...so what about them? If the creatives don't explain clearly to them, they will be confused and that will lead to irritationa and them turning away fromt he show. ...afterall they have other option in this time slot, so what will stop them going for the other options.
 ...May be Dev is behaving rudely with Radika , intentionally so that she forgets  him and moves  with her life ...Just one song came to my mind about Radhika,s side ...  Main Piya Teri Tu Jaane Ya Na  Jaane , Kanha Jaane Koi Jaane Ya Na Jaane...Changed one world
Or maybe Dev is angry that she lied by ommission that she is maried to Rohan...He wants Radhika to marry Rohan but also does not want that...remember how he used to react to Rohans behaviour regarding his dreams of Radhika...on one side he lied to Rohan that Radhika loves him but when Rohan was describing about how he will be treating her or buying gifts for her, he was furious and he did not like that at all.  But these are all speculations that all of us are doing...until and unless the creatives explain Devs point of view, this confusion will continue.

Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
 You are right  Misti ...I want to see this show being successful, that's why you get involved ,,,,somewhere makers loose the connectivity ...You are right about the average viewers , they do not go in to deep why its happening or analyze the situations or character,s behavior in the circumstances...This writers have to write about ...I just asked few people about CB2 , just , like CB1 kind of same answer, nothing new ...Why people will see the repeat , as daily channels are churning out new soaps ...Should give words to their feelings , what they are thinking ...We can speculate or say understand their expressions ...More over their invention of new ritual is also big put off ...Problem is  you are showing this kind of rituals  in India ..If They keep it basically spiritual love story of Dev Radhika  ( in the form of Radha Krishna )With little presence of Krishna in the background  , with all the negative , positive characters  imbibed in the story , little focus on saas  - bahu drama ...

Neerjaa thumbnail
sorry double post
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Radha lovely thoughts! Totally agree what you said about Rohan and Padma, the signs  were there not go through with the wedding but still they all ignore it. Going to be interesting what is going to happen now!
Tazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I came across this quote from Mahatma Gandhi that perfectly reflects Radhika...

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will"

Strength comes from Radhika's Divine Will...
MaryamMary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very beautiful thought about WILL. There are three catogories of WILL we can give importance to  in CB2 

Dadaji's Will on paper,
Rd''s Will of inner strength,
And above all GOD 's Will of Supreme Power
Edited by maryamavina - 12 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I saw this thread pretty late and most of what I think has already been written already.  But there is one thing the creatives have shown.  When Radhika talks about her husband, she calls him KK and when she talks about being a bride, she talks about being a bride of KK.  But she calls adult Dev as Dev babu where she states that she wants to convince him of her truth.  So they have shown (not clearly because of the absence of monologue) that KK and Dev babu are different people for Radhika.  In fact, she has same formal name for both Dev and Rohan who are strangers to her.  She is searching for KK and thinks that if Dev gets convinced of her truth,  he would turn into KK.  Dev prior to sacrificing was closer to her idea of KK.  Remember how she described him as little naughty, playing flute etc.  That was the earlier Dev to her who is lost.  In fact, she is not even considering Dev's family as her family.  She calls this family as Dev babu's family and she is doing things for the family so that she can find her KK.

They did show Dev's point of view until the day when he returned from Rawal after knowing the truth from Radhika (temple scene).  But now they have made him inflexible.

I don't have a problem that Dev is rejecting Radhika or her version of truth.  In fact it makes sense with his characterization..  My problem is complete lack of empathy on Dev's part for Radhika.  According to him,  Padma doesn't know the truth and considers the fire as accident.  So any human being would think that treating a girl based on some superstition is wrong.  It seems as if he is doing this deliberately to hurt Radhika.  Don't want to spoil the show for everyone, but in today's episode when questioned by Maheswari if Padma's attitude was correct, he looked at Radhika, deliberated and agreed in order to hurt her badly.  That seems cruel and not at all suitable for a spiritual relationship.  Even in CB1,  Radhika used to hurt Dev but it was never deliberate.  She always showed remorse in the privacy.  Here they are not showing that on Dev's part and hence repelling audience.