Miley Jab Hum Tum

India-Forums

Miley Jab Hum Tum
Miley Jab Hum Tum

MayankNupur.//Humsafar.P31 Do watch :) (Page 17)

--Sanchu-- IF-Stunnerz
--Sanchu--
--Sanchu--

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
really nice VM...
loved it very much...
keep making more VMs...

a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Dearest Sanam,

Dil se sorry for the delay.  Embarrassed

When I read the title I immediately thought of the song from Supari because it has that hatke, intense ambiance of your previous vms. However I realize that it is only the vms that I had seen, for you were a vm maker long before I entered upon this thread.  So, I was truly intrigued at how you would bring that classic tone to this classic couple.

I loved, JUST LOVED, that opening scene selection, slowed down (or it seemed so to me) to synchronize with the yearning aspect of the song and that haunting quality of the singer's rendition.  StarStarStar I loved that apt fade@0:06 segueing beautifully onto that haye @0:16.  Then that sublime moment @0:19, that faint breeze in the background of the song, which through this exceptional editing you enhance, as Nupur moves around, the wind gently breezing past both!. Beautiful! Clap

It was truly very well done, so that despite the fact that I love this scene and watched it many times over BUT always from Mayank's perspective, you made it Nupur's. StarStarStar

The timing for raat katte na, hijraan wali @0:29 to 0:34 was just superb.  The editing pinpointing the angst of her hurt so that it pinched my heart too.  Excellently done. Clap

Then that Sanam detailing that I love, @0:39, an excerpt from her past, emphasized by that deep drummed note, that thud of her heart in its remembrance made all the more painful due to those moments of its recollection in happiness which are all imbued with hurt now. StarStarStar

I like how for the reprise @0:46 which was more lighter in tone, almost happier, you selected happier scenes to coordinate. Star Then that pull back to the pain as sung by the singer @1:00 where you too follow in step, pulling Nupur back @1:05, so that once again we feel that pinch. StarStarStar

My favourite moment of your vm.  I loved how @1:18 you used that circling motion of the camera whilst Mn stand still, to illuminate teri justajo...karte rahe... as nupur searches Mayank's expressions...merte rahe... just mesmerizing.  Then that beautiful contrast @1:31 you use Nupur ALONE falling to illuminate roobaroo and accentuate bethe hoe.  For her search for that like soul, that kindred will always be at an impasse if the other abandons, never beckons or refuses to interact upon any level, whether physical or spiritual.  She falls to the ground unable to continue with either their love due to his refusal or rejection AND she is unable to continue with her life due to his presence in her history that echoes always. bethe hoe...merte rahe...a living death that remains, unable to end.  Haunting.  Just wondrous, the use of lyrics and scenes to capture all these nuances, just beautifully done, Sanam. Embarrassed

Then my favourite part of the song, badal dhune...sadiyaan gini...which you beautifully enhance with your scene selection.  The lyrics for me have this eternal ambiance that surrounds you, captures you in time whilst the world moves on.  It reminds me of another favourite poem, if I may quote,
If you make a mistake, there is no turning back.
Jump off, and you'll stand there and gaze
While the cars, the taxis and the lorries go by
And the minutes, the hours, the days.

So that image of Nupur, alone upon her tower, trapped there by fate, forsaken, forlorn and forget, as she watches the world pass by her ignorant of her heart break.  Her lover remains motionless, not one word, not a door bell, nor scaling the walls for her. He just watches her alone, upon her tower.  Just haunting, Sanam.  My heart just burned! Clap
Star
Then again the manner you accentuate specific words of the lyrics through Nupur's expressions. So as the singer echoes tanhiyaan, @2:43, that look of Nupur as she is stunned at his reaction, looks down at his violent actions, we too reminisce over those moments where whilst considering ourselves to be one part of a shared heart, we are actually very much just a piece of a heart, alone, broken.  You bring to the forefront that he doesn't understand her which makes her feel truly alone, for in understanding do we find togetherness.  Wonderfully done! StarStarStar
I loved, JUST LOVED your editing @2:50, that synchronizing of Nupur's expression with behlaiyaan.  Sanam just heart wrenching! Star

Then just layering brilliance upon brilliance, for those bursts of disquietude erupting, as the singer sings them quickly paced and with that tinge of joy, just upon the very edge of that wave of emotion, before the hurt engulfs it all; those happy memories.  Muhje toh ker koi din gayye...mujhe cher ko koi shab gayye @3:13 as Mayank caresses her, gently softly, touches her and leaves his mark upon her soul forever.  Sanam, it twisted in my heart. Beautifully done! Star So that @3:20 as that out pouring peaks, meine rakh li sari aahatein, Nupur's tears just overwhelmed me. Embarrassed

Again just exceptional timing for dil sofi ye tha...hum chala deye jahan le chala, @4:04 so her tears, that contortion of her face, mirroring her heart, at her own helplessness, for she can not fight him, nor her heart, the one and the same. Sanam, just outstanding! StarStarStar

OK, being dim witted at times, the only part where I couldn't get a hold upon what you where trying to impart or instill, although I enjoyed it aesthetically was the part for main asma...main zameen... if you wouldn't mind elucidating so that I may appreciate your talent further. Embarrassed At first I thought it was a look back at herself before this chapter of Mayank.  So that jab lab jale pi li zameen, applies to Mayank who used her when he needed her, now leaving her an empty vessel.  However that end shot on Mayank confused me. Where you trying to say that even he was helpless against this need of his?  OK, that is enough humiliating myself, I will wait for your reply.

Sanam, I am ever in awe of your ability to move my heart.  Love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 02 June 2011 at 1:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fantasia.

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thegameison

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged

itstheclimb IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged

Go to top