Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

is kokila the ideal MIL or woman... (Page 2)

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by taral83

Originally posted by Kavita.

Hyprocrite (YES)
Selfish (YES)
Backwards (YES)
No Vaules In Her Kids (YES)
Shes Not Just Bad MIL But Shes a Bad Mother Aswell .!

Thats a bit harsh don't you think.

Hypocrite...a person who puts on a false appearance...The only two people in this show that are such is Rashi and Urmila. As for Koki, she shows what she is. She says whats in her heart and mind. Yes she has a problem being wrong, but if she is wrong she has no problem excepting it.

Backwards...living in the old age...why only because she yelled at Rashi for wearing jeans? I think many have not understood that scene, Koki indeed tells her that they don't wear jeans in the Modi family, but her initial statement was to not hide and do things you want. ASK...I don't think that is backwards at all. One should always respect rules and traditions. And if you want to do something else well ask, talk it out, but don't sneak around.

No Values in her kids-she is a bad mother...you stand correct, her kids don't have values, but only because they don't have values doesn't mean that Koki didn't try to give them values, that she doesn't have values. Kinjal and Ahem are grown children with a mind of their own, you can only teach a child what you can until about the age of 12, after that, they are their own person. They should pay for their own actions, not a mother. Why is it that when kids go bad all fingers are pointed at the mother???? I won't say she is a great mother, but she def isn't a bad mother. She has made her son into a smart man, that knows his talent and work. Yes its different that he is arrogant, but again one can't control someone's personality. Koki after finding out about Kinjal, she agreed to marry her to guy she loved, he turned out to be a cheat. Koki married her to Dhaval because in India things like that don't fly very well, Kinjal's future was lost. So she took the opportunity and married her off. Its a different story Kinjal is miserable, but not because of Dhaval he is a great guy, but because she is also arrogant and spoiled.

In the profession I am in, I know the meaning of a "bad mother". A mother is when  they leave their child hungry only so that she can get her nails done, leaves the child crying in a corner only to get high with her multiple partners, who abuses her child because they bothered her in the middle of her and wasted her 2 minutes. That is a bad mother. I am sorry I got really upset reading crap like this. Koki isn't the ideal woman, but she def should be a inspiration because she stands strong, she will do anything to protect her family, she says it how it is. She is a self-mad woman and every women should take something away from her character. Koki's character is very complex but its def not "bad". 

Please don't take any offense. I apologize before hand.

Taral, thanks for the beautiful explanation. Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suk19avivakirk

simibrar1990 IF-Dazzler
simibrar1990
simibrar1990

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
kokila ji is a super mom how she loves gopi and care her no words for it..she loved and care her own children very much but if the children gets the wrong path then what parents do if children not bothered the teachings of the parents and chose by his own life to going a wrong way..
then what will do...kokila ji super duper mom how she loves her children and cared them we see in the episode..kokila ji is a

Edited by simibrar1990 - 06 May 2011 at 7:03pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suk19

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by avivakirk

Originally posted by hamzanuha

Neither. No one on this forum has ever found Koki to be perfect. Besides, for all her faults which you've listed, she has one saving grace. She admits that she was wrong whenNani pointed it out to her. Also, she doesn't plot others' downfall to look good herself like UrShi. Rashi & her mother are always coveting other people's things & are not above stealing, breaking into other's homes, etc. You get the idea.

If you think this show is regressive then you mayn't have watched any other shows. Have you watched all those other rural shows which another channel is famous for? Do see those & then you might revise the definition of regressive.
  Thanks Rana!  it seems we have a lot of actor bashing going on these days in the forum.People should stop watching if they don't like it. The people in this forum let off steam when they don't like something in the show. We stay in the forum because we like it. Half of the people in the forum who post their opinion don't have a clue of the earlier episodes. We don't have murders ,extramarital affairs,etc in the show. It's a clean show where u can watch with your family.
There are shows about murders and extra marital aff...what shows are those?  I may want to watch!

Kidding...just trying to break the tension.   Don't get upset my friends.. Becuase the show is so popular right now there are a lot more people on the forum with all sorts of opinions.  My suggestion is don't open posts where the subject line is inflammatory or from people you know will write things you don't agree with.  We come here to have fun and meet with friends.  It's not worth getting upset. 

This is my new motto for the forum! 

-Shelly

Edited by lovtv - 06 May 2011 at 2:35pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

malinnhamzanuhall-Shilpa-llsuk19

avivakirk IF-Sizzlerz
avivakirk
avivakirk

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
@ Shelly,

You don't need me to point out those shows. Well, we're not supposed to bash other shows.Most of the time I'm ignoring  these comments. Well it's always good to hear both sides .What I don't like is people who hardly watch the show pass rude comments.Now in the forum we have many postings  abt the same topic.
I used to enjoy coming to the forum.Now I have to wade through the sea of topics.
Yes, Shelly, Going to take your advice.

Edited by avivakirk - 06 May 2011 at 3:59pm

ll-Shilpa-ll

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovtv

Neither. No one on this forum has ever found Koki to be perfect. Besides, for all her faults which you've listed, she has one saving grace. She admits that she was wrong whenNani pointed it out to her. Also, she doesn't plot others' downfall to look good herself like UrShi. Rashi & her mother are always coveting other people's things & are not above stealing, breaking into other's homes, etc. You get the idea.

If you think this show is regressive then you mayn't have watched any other shows. Have you watched all those other rural shows which another channel is famous for? Do see those & then you might revise the definition of regressive.
  Thanks Rana!  it seems we have a lot of actor bashing going on these days in the forum.People should stop watching if they don't like it. The people in this forum let off steam when they don't like something in the show. We stay in the forum because we like it. Half of the people in the forum who post their opinion don't have a clue of the earlier episodes. We don't have murders ,extramarital affairs,etc in the show. It's a clean show where u can watch with your family.
There are shows about murders and extra marital aff...what shows are those?  I may want to watch!

Kidding...just trying to break the tension.   Don't get upset my friends.. Becuase the show is so popular right now there are a lot more people on the forum with all sorts of opinions.  My suggestion is don't open posts where the subject line is inflammatory or from people you know will write things you don't agree with.  We come here to have fun and meet with friends.  It's not worth getting upset. 

-Shelly

I agree Shelly...and I am sorry I just had to vent it out...Its just getting annoying to hear people say thing this show is boring or Koki is a monster...I mean what show isn't like that...its a show!..Everyone has a right to their opinion so I guess there really isn't a reason to get upset...Sorry to all

Edited by taral83 - 06 May 2011 at 3:21pm

ll-Shilpa-llsuk19

stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
I think Kokila has alot of flaws as no one is perfect...but she is not a hypocrite...i understand that many times it seems that she is unfair to Rashi but she does that because she has understood Rashi very well

suk19avivakirk

DreamSz Senior Member
DreamSz
DreamSz

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Hey kavita i think your just seeing one side of koki ji shes an amazing character and makes saathiya fun

like people have said alreary nobody is perfect but nobody is that bad either :)

avivakirk

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by taral83

Originally posted by lovtv

-Shelly

I agree Shelly...and I am sorry I just had to vent it out...Its just getting annoying to hear people say thing this show is boring or Koki is a monster...I mean what show isn't like that...its a show!..Everyone has a right to their opinion so I guess there really isn't a reason to get upset...Sorry to all

Taral,, don't apologize and you're welcome to vent with us...we are all friends here.   I always enjoy reading your perspective and posts, they are always intelligent, mature and well thought out. 

My reply to this post was because I was worried about you.  I don't want you to give up on the forum.  It is a bit of a mess right now however Yuks has been promoted to Viewbie and if all our pleas and petition are heard then Sadhli will also get promoted as well.   They can clean up the forum but in the meantime we can all co-exist. 

@Elizabeth - I do want to know about "those" shows.  PM me.  A Y&R or B& B type of desi show would be interesting to seeWink

ll-Shilpa-llsuk19

Go to top