Pratigya

Do you recognise Pratigya?

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Do you recognise Pratigya?

Much has been made by our established contributors about what P is about, what she stands for and what the apparent point is of putting K and P together to make Kriya…

So far from what I can gather, we understand that P is an idealist and that her darling husband (whether or not she thinks of him this way is for another day..) is a realist.

As individuals they have their strengths and weaknesses but put together they are a package to be reckoned with, yin and yang, night and day and all that jazz…

Going back though, I want to talk about P again and ask your opinion on what, or whom, you believe Pratigya represents.

All of us here have an opinion on what qualities in P we like and dislike, but can you actually relate to her? Do you find her qualities to be, for example, all that you believe a good daughter would have, or even a DIL, sister, or wife?

Does she represent to you all that you think a modern Indian woman should be, or is this the last thing you think she represents?

Ultimately I guess what I am asking is what sort of role model is Pratigya, if at all, to you. Has seeing her character inspired you or make you cringe in horror?

Tanthya in her post ReOrientated and ReLoaded wrote

"whom does she represent,?

She represents Idealism

Is Pratigya relevant ?

Yes ! Because Idealism motivates  us to achieve more , to aim for the stars , wherein you may not grab a star but may come at least with cosmic dust .."

But my question is do you recognise Pratigya as being someone to whom you would aspire to be? If she is the epitome of an ideal something, what would that something be?

If it helps – I can tell you that for me she represents an iceberg and I cant wait for the day someone takes a Bunsen Burner to her…There!! πŸ˜ƒ

Hopefully I have inspired to you to be bothered enough on a glorious Friday afternoon to be bothered enough to voice your opinions! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

a_uma thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well... Bunsen burner is already there... but CVs are not using him effectively...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
HamiSky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ohh MMG... I share a quite a number common characters with PRatigya personally ..esp talking stricly about right n wrong n always wanting to stride on a straight path ..firstly not knowing that we need to take bends n now unwilling..

but unlike P, my marriage, husband n in-laws gave me loads of expereinces that life is not how I see...there are grey shades too.
corvette thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: a_uma

Well... Bunsen burner is already there... but CVs are not using him effectively...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

That particular Bunsen needs his Burner refilled!!!!!!πŸ˜‰ He's out of fire..

But does P have any credibility? Is she an unknown entity to you,or do you see her and think - wow!! I really feel inspired???

If I am deep down honest, seeing a protagonist in an Indian serial with some fire inside her belly in the beginning was really attractive and compelling...

However it is P's inability to discern when and with whom she should use her fire and attitude that takes away her credibility for me...

corvette thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: HamiSky

Ohh MMG... I share a quite a number common characters with PRatigya personally ..esp talking stricly about right n wrong n always wanting to stride on a straight path ..firstly not knowing that we need to take bends n now unwilling..

but unlike P, my marriage, husband n in-laws gave me loads of expereinces that life is not how I see...there are grey shades too.

see that's really interesting Hami and very honest too!πŸ‘

Given P is still young and learning therefore, you'd think that wisdom will come with time...
However my gripe is that she already thinks she knows everything!

Her inflexibilty is now infamous and with the exception of Krishna, there really is no one that could advise her in the same way your in-laws maybe taught you...actually another possibility is GD..

I have excluded Pyaare Papa Professorwa becasue her is too busy grieving or sermoning to be of use...

even with Krishna, he can only be persuasive if the CVswa stop dumbing him down...

dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I do, may be largely bec i come a family in which my uncles has got national awards for best teacher n best post man n other who is a politition but just refuses to recomend or accept bribes even if it concerns family n he is revered by one n all in our district ...our family despite being fudal always stood by common masses with my grant parents n their brothers n sisters all opting for teaching proffesions rather than business n farming... I grew up seeing them (ours is a huge joint family) n also the kind of respect n love they get from many..,.they r not strictly idealists but i have seen them not compromising on what's right...
corvette thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dhakarn

I do, may be largely bec i come a family in which my uncles has got national awards for best teacher n best post man n other who is a politition but just refuses to recomend or accept bribes even if it concerns family n he is revered by one n all in our district ...our family despite being fudal always stood by common masses with my grant parents n their brothers n sisters all opting for teaching proffesions rather than business n farming... I grew up seeing them (ours is a huge joint family) n also the kind of respect n love they get from many..,.they r not strictly idealists but i have seen them not compromising on what's right...

Ok...so what do you think she is? A perfect DIL, sister, wife, daughter, or something else?
corvette thumbnail
I'll put it another way in case I'm not being understood..
What do you think
the CVs intended to portray Pratigya as the perfect _________? and why?
HamiSky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kEEnkEEn

I'll put it another way in case I'm not being understood..

What do you think
the CVs intended to portray Pratigya as the perfect _________? and why?

Ideal things never exist...if CVs aim to present her as ideal..well they cannot bcoz it just doesnt exist.

And for ur Q...I think they are trying to portray her as a perfect woman...who puts brain over heart...righteousness over love...principles over relationsips.

And such a woman cant be a perfect daughter, wife, sister or bahu.
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: a_uma

Well... Bunsen burner is already there... but CVs are not using him effectively...πŸ˜†

BINGO !!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†