Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

Story - A Ray of Hope..Ch 3 uptd on 14.5.11 (Page 2)

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhum_86

hmm ur story is very much thoughfull i have read post of ur parts in aiw

Tomar bhalo legechhe?  Your name is very BengaliTongue  I hope to see you very active in AIW as we are waiting for your next parts!!Embarrassed

Edited by tintiny - 08 May 2011 at 12:54am

cjs369 IF-Rockerz
cjs369
cjs369

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:33am | IP Logged

tintiny... you are an excellent writer... I love reading historical romance ... hope this histoical FF has some good romance too... WinkEmbarrassed
eagerly looking forward to the next part...Day Dreaming

Edited by cjs369 - 08 May 2011 at 1:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfishtiny15

Moner_Radio IF-Rockerz
Moner_Radio
Moner_Radio

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
brilliant work tintinyClapStar !!!!!! gosh i'm getting inspired Big smile!! ebar mone hochche amaro kichu lekha uchitBig smile..at least try to kortei pari, ki bolo Wink??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfishcjs369

RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tintiny

Originally posted by jhum_86

hmm ur story is very much thoughfull i have read post of ur parts in aiw

Tomar bhalo legechhe?  Your name is very BengaliTongue  I hope to see you very active in AIW as we are waiting for your next parts!!Embarrassed

agei bujhechilam tumio bangali...actually there was an exam today that's why i couldn't update...will update today or tomorrow...a tomar presentation darun and you are gifted with great writing skill...i would love to get more romance in it...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfish

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by polly_03

brilliant work tintinyClapStar !!!!!! gosh i'm getting inspired Big smile!! ebar mone hochche amaro kichu lekha uchitBig smile..at least try to kortei pari, ki bolo Wink??

of course, ami try korte korte nijeke enhance korechhi Tongue

Moner_Radio

RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tintiny

Originally posted by polly_03

of course, ami try korte korte nijeke enhance korechhi Tongue

ofcourse dear you are welcome too...amio to tai korchi...trying...

Fishfish

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Chapter 3

Shankardev!…Chandrakant exclaimed….

Oh my big mouth…..Shankar bowed and walked out…..

+++++++

An old priest of the temple came and stood in front of Savitri….today in the palace mandir Guruji is having a Yagya, fall on his feet and ask for mercy for your daughter…if he agrees, the King will also agree…..

Savitri's lips shook…her throat was dry….she has committed a big crime…she could barely speak…..

Yes she has…it was indeed a big mistake the elderly priest agreed, who has seen Savitri bringing up her daughter and knew how hard they worked to make a decent living but then she is young mistakes happen and with the festivities around the mood is forgiving…..

Do you think….her voice quivered

I cannot assure you but it is worth trying, something happened in the palace and the King normally goes very soft when such things happen….don't ask me anymore, I cannot elaborate but go…don't sit here….say it is your first crime and you should be forgiven….go now…in the name of Shambu plead for your daughter before it is too late….

++++++

Chandrakant stood at the doorway to watch Somdev standing with his back towards him lost in his thoughts, like his brothers he was also tall about 6 feet, broad but not like Shankardev, his long hair came upto his shoulders, the sunrays fell on his bare torso, making it glitter with sweat….

Maharaaj ki jai ho…..Chandrakant announced his arrival….

Guruji, Somdev turned, looking calm and composed, with the responsibility of his kingdom somewhere the restlessness was lost, making him a much calmer person….

You have sent for me my son….

Yes I did….I hear you are busy with a Yagya today…sorry to disturb you…

You are the king, the yagya is for your wellbeing…. if the King is happy, the people of this kingdom will be happy and thrive….

Somdev gave a sad smile….I know Guruji but the Lord is not very pleased with me it seems….I was told the foetus was male…..

Chandrakant closed his eyes understanding his pain….we will do whatever in our hands to please the Lord….

I know, so you would…..Guruji yesterday I had this…

Son, yesterday's was an accident, I have reprimanded the chief priest of the temple, the girl and her mother supplies flowers to the temple and yesterday they had also decorated it, yes they had seen the girl loitering but then they did not suspect any foul play….

Guruji that is not the reason I wanted to speak to you, the reason I called you here is yesterday I had a vision…you told me Lord will show me the way…. I guess he has….

Chandrakant frowned and looked straight into the eyes of his disciple …..

+++++++

The Someshwaras belonged to a branch of Aryans who invaded the sub-continent before the birth of Christ, and spread all over, if it is to be believed they could trace back their roots to some of the major ruling dynasties of the Indian sub-continent, proud of their heritage, they made all efforts to maintain it, making alliance with such rulers through which they will not only be able to maintain their purity of blood but also gain political mileage.

++++++

Maharani Devki lay in her bed, her body still numb with pain, she hardly registered anything, her maids sponged her body from time to time, administered medicines, in her hazy mind only one thing went around, how will I face the Maharaaj….

She heard her maids going around her room carrying on their daily routine, speaking in whispers Devki wanted to drink water but she did not have the energy to ask…

Maharaaj ki Jai Ho….someone greeted softly….Dev…is he here….Devki's heart leaped but her eyelids were too heavy for her to open…

+++++++

Somdev crossed the garden, his face curled in pain, how could she be so careless he thought, vaidji had told her no. of items to be very careful…it is not the first time she miscarried…even one before their eldest daughter was born….she is a Maharani and she has no responsibility…

Somdev!  How are you brother….did you like the Bhajans yesterday? Bhaskar his younger brother greeted…

Bhajans?….Somdev became clueless…

Yes the Bhajans which were being sung in the Natya Manch…I wrote them….

Oh nice nice…really nice…he replied trying to sound honest…I did not know…

A new singer with his troupe has come from Prayag, there is lady with wonderful voice, if you want I can organize a programme for you in the evening in your terrace….Bhaskardev lowered his voice…

No no I mean ..not today…I have some work…Somdev quickly took leave of his brother and went towards his room to come face to face with Shankar….

Maharaaj…Shankar bowed…

Brother…Somdev exclaimed…

I heard about the mishap, my condolences…Shankar said

Somdev wished he could wipe out that smirk from his face….Thank you for your concern, I am sure with your good wishes my troubles will pass by…with big steps Somdev walked passed not waiting for Shankar's reply….Shankar smiled…it was a mean smile.

+++++

Chandrakant stood watching the preparation of the Yagya being made by his priests and helpers of the Royal temple, he stood without registering their activities, he was too shocked to react, scratching his bald head from time to time…when he heard a voice of a woman crying, some guards scolding her…they disturbed his thoughts, he moved away, what to do what not to do…

Guruji you sent for me, Lakshman Narayan came to him looking very busy….

Yes I am sorry, I had to call you out of your meeting, the matter is a bit urgent….

Urgent?  Is there a new crises?

You can say that…

How is the Maharani?  I hope she is alright….

Oh no not the Maharani…I mean Maharani Devki is fine, resting…..

Then what is the crises…Shankardev has called a coup ?

Not yet…Chandrakant smiled…well Somdev wants to get married…he spoke looking straight into Lakshman's eyes….

Lakshman beamed, so does he now….congratulations!  Let me send a messenger to Veerpur….

Not so fast Lakshman, err there is a slight problem, I think you should immediately inform those who matter personally that the King will get married just now….

Just now?  Lakshman frowned…..

Err yes, it is like this after I had heard about the miscarriage yesterday morning, I was praying to the Lord, sitting in meditation when I got a vision saying the Lord will personally choose a bride for our King….before I could get the full vision my concentration broke…anyway I  was somewhat not convinced myself …but then again……

Just then a woman came and grabbed Chandrakanta's feet….My Lord please save my daughter…my Lord I beg you….

Chandrakant  was around to lose his balance….somehow grabbed the pillar next to him….

Areh chhoro chorro pura ashudh kar diya….let go of me….mujhe phir nahana parega…hatao isko idhar se….the guards came and pulled Savitri away….we are sorry my Lord, we had asked her to go away but then ….

Just then another voice said, My Lord we have brought the girl….Both Lakshman and Chandrakant turned to see the guards holding a girl, who could barely stand, keep her eyes open…

Beti, meri beti, chhoro usse chhoro ….daya karo daya karo….Savitri latched on to Bhaavini trying to protect her….

Lakshman sharply turned towards Chandrakant who was also surprised to see the scene…seeing Lakshamn watching him, Chandrakant quickly recollected himself…

This is the girl who did abhishek of the Lord yesterday before the king….she is the chosen one….

A sudra?  Lakshman raised his brows…

As per Lord's directives….Chandrakant replied looking straight and firm…

Lakshman looked around….ensuring he is not within the hearing range, he lowered his voice…Guruji what are you saying….she is a non-aryan…her mother is clearly one, how can you allow this…..

Whom am I to disallow when the Lord directs….

Guruji please do not give me all those crap….if the king wants the girl, he can have her but as a concubine, surely he does not need to marry her…..

Lakshman surely you do not mean those words, you are not only defying the king but the Lord himself…..

The King is agreeable to marry her?  Lakshman somehow could not believe it….

Why not….before he left for the temple yesterday I told him about the vision I had and then this happened…from the time I heard it, I was wondering what it is then today morning the King sent for me, he narrated the whole incident, when he opened the door to do the abhisheka the first thing he noticed was a girl sitting and the next thing a bright silver light on her head ….anyway the girl was thrown out and tied to the pillar but the incident kept bothering him the whole night and now he is convinced it is indeed the Lord's directive….how can both of us have the same thoughts?

Sura has its side effects and with the festivities on lately all of us have been indulging in it a bit too much…Lakshman added  a bit too cynically….

Oh yes…I agree but then Lakshman Narayan I have barred myself in indulging in those vices….I am always alert and sane….I hope you have no doubts about the same….

Errr no Guruji definitely not…but…..

I have thought about it but if it is the directive of the Lord who am I to stop it….if it was within my ability I would have definitely stopped it but the Lord directs….

Lakshman stood watching Chandrakant…yes the man was known for his just views, his best intentions, he always thought about the welfare of the people first …Lakshman could even accuse him for his vested interests….but the people, the ministers and of course the royal family how will they take such a marriage?

Lakshman we do not have much time, I have to ask the men now to prepare for the marriage ceremony, please go do the needful quickly and yes you can tell them about my vision…..

Err…yes my Lord…yes ..Guruji…let me see how best I can do….Lakshman turned and hurried away…Chandrakant directed the guards to take Savitri away and inform the chief maid of the Ladies wing in the palace to see him for further instructions….

+++++++

The news reached Maharani Rukmini, she froze…what? Are you sure? 

Ji Maharani…absolutely, with my own eyes I saw the chief maid taking the girl to dress her….

Rukmini was stunned, it was not unusual for the King to get married but then to a sudra?  Where is Dev, send him a word I want to see him immediately…

Err he is busy..I mean I saw…

Never mind what you have seen I am his chief queen and I demand to see him….Rukmini almost screamed….

+++++++

In those times the society in this sub-continent there was a clear demarcation between Aryans and non Aryans…The Aryans normally a nomadic tribe settled down into domesticity after reaching this sub-continent.  Since they were conquerors they became the superior race and the locals of the region were pushed back down the strata of the society and marked as sudras….not that inter-marriages did not take place…it happened and over centuries though the tolerance level went up and happy co-existence happened but the elite tried to maintain their purity of class and there were certain norms, do's and don'ts….this story is not about struggle of classes as such, since the reference came up, I am putting this note…

+++++++

have-a-dream

have-a-dream IF-Dazzler
have-a-dream
have-a-dream

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Thanx for d update,its awesumHug

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index