Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Is Gopi annoying or what? (Page 2)

ANJ4 IF-Sizzlerz
ANJ4
ANJ4

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by avivakirk

Originally posted by TheMelody.

@avivakirk: Mhmm.. I expect Gopi not to be so foolish especially when she's with Ahem so that she doesn't make matters worse. Her character needs to come out from her comfort zone and actually see the real world. As for the storyline, as I said, it's becoming a drag so I want it to pace up so that we get to see a softer side of Ahem. 

Will one's character change overnite??Is she given an opportunity to grow? What abt the educated people behaving?Well if Rashi is the standard of poise & good behaviour Gopi is better off where she's at. The educated  suave people of the modern day world standards don't yell & scream .That's childish behaviour.Which educated businessman wants to take his Mom on a business trip?
Stupid Mama's  boy ahem want to take mom...LOL because he is dumber than a door nail.

aditi305 Senior Member
aditi305
aditi305

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
I agree sometimes she is irritating. I mean we all have faith in GOD but as Ahem said you cant carry an idol in hand while you are travelling. I mean when she took out that eatable stuff from her red bag we could see that there is lot of space. But its ok we know why krishan ji was in her hand (Ticket Collector). And why would not Ahem take her with her to Kokila instead he only went. And most importantly as you said need to show some development. I mean Ahem is not realising infact he is being pushed by his mother again. They have to show this self realisation without anyone's support. This should be done by Gopi and Ahem.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

badnamladydivineTheMelody.-tellyaddict-delightful.

ladydivine Groupbie
ladydivine
ladydivine

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged
It can be described as "too much sweetness gives diabetes". For about a year now,  we have been reinforcing, crying, begging, yelling and screaming about the fact that Gopi's character needs development. But CVs never listens. 

I feel they just don't pay attention to her much. I mean she has done nothing except being confused and hurt. Meanwhile, Rashi always gets to show all her sides every single week. In fact, majority of the time the camera is on her. Show me one episode where she did not have 3 minutes scene? But there are times when Gopi has 0 importance in the serial. She is just standing and seeing what is happening. Otherwise, she is just not there.

Edited by ladydivine - 06 May 2011 at 12:32am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

badnamTheMelody.-tellyaddict-delightful.

-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Gopi's character is shown a "Too sweet to handle" as mrithula mentioned...
and in todays everywhere we see people who are cunning, selfish, snatchers, mean and we are so used to of seeing that we cant relate to "a charcter like Gopi" who is a victim of all those conspiracies and kalakaris.

secondly...i dont think there is anything wrong with Gopi...she does not know anything abt scheming plotting and too naive and innocent. So until Educated people like Koki-Aham will guide her, will help her in grooming her character nothing can happen.

so all in all its Koki-Aham's responsibility to Show the real world to Gopi...

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 06 May 2011 at 12:42am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ladydivinesuk19delightful.

TheMelody. IF-Dazzler
TheMelody.
TheMelody.

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by avivakirk

Originally posted by TheMelody.

@avivakirk: Mhmm.. I expect Gopi not to be so foolish especially when she's with Ahem so that she doesn't make matters worse. Her character needs to come out from her comfort zone and actually see the real world. As for the storyline, as I said, it's becoming a drag so I want it to pace up so that we get to see a softer side of Ahem. 

Will one's character change overnite??Is she given an opportunity to grow? What abt the educated people behaving?Well if Rashi is the standard of poise & good behaviour Gopi is better off where she's at. The educated  suave people of the modern day world standards don't yell & scream .That's childish behaviour.Which educated businessman wants to take his Mom on a business trip?

@Bold: Of course I don't expect Gopi's character to grow overnight. A few episodes back, Kokila herself said that it's been a year since Gopi&Ahem got married and I just have not seen any development in Gopi. In fact, from whatever I've seen, I feel that Gopi still stands at the same point in her character. 

See, Rashi and Gopi are two different characters, I don't think they can even be compared because Rashi has a greyish side which is presented mostly in a light-hearted way. She's not a big vamp in the show but she ain't an angel either. 
TheMelody. IF-Dazzler
TheMelody.
TheMelody.

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fanbidaai

gopi character is based on a naive uneducated girl who doesnt know the world, the reason kokila wanted gopi was because of that, whereas a educated girl would be set in her way her world n would be difficult for sass bahu to have a relationship as both would be stubborn n who would be pig in the middle  Aham, Gopi has won over the family now she will win over hubby(wishful thinking)  he can educate her or her sass.

I understand the first bit but then again, as the show moves on we expect the character to grow. Gopi is just too sweet and naive. I want her to have a stronger will and be able to make her own decisions without having to ask others for every little thing. 
TheMelody. IF-Dazzler
TheMelody.
TheMelody.

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -tellyaddict-

Gopi's character is shown a "Too sweet to handle" as mrithula mentioned...
and in todays everywhere we see people who are cunning, selfish, snatchers, mean and we are so used to of seeing that we cant relate to "a charcter like Gopi" who is a victim of all those conspiracies and kalakaris.

secondly...i dont think there is anything wrong with Gopi...she does not know anything abt scheming plotting and too naive and innocent. So until Educated people like Koki-Aham will guide her, will help her in grooming her character nothing can happen.

so all in all its Koki-Aham's responsibility to Show the real world to Gopi...

I agree with you on certain points. Her character is just TOO sweet for my liking. I don't want her to be so naive. At your second point, Ok fair enough that there's nothing wrong with Gopi but what I'm trying to say is that it's high time that there is development in her character even if it's with the help of Ahem and Koki.
Bobbi. IF-Sizzlerz
Bobbi.
Bobbi.

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fanbidaai

gopi character is based on a naive uneducated girl who doesnt know the world, the reason kokila wanted gopi was because of that, whereas a educated girl would be set in her way her world n would be difficult for sass bahu to have a relationship as both would be stubborn n who would be pig in the middle  Aham, Gopi has won over the family now she will win over hubby(wishful thinking)  he can educate her or her sass.

Thumbs Up You killed it Sukk! Embarrassed

Go to top