KATRINA: Rajneeti speech still gives me goosebumps

Posted: 12 years ago

My Touchest scene with with Katrina kaif

Rajneeti speech still gives me goose bumps

Vickey Lalwani

Posted On Friday, May 06, 2011 at 02:10:55 AM

I don't think any other scene would come close to being as tough as my speech in Prakash Jha's Raajneeti. Gosh, it still gives me goose bumps!

The scene was shot in Bhopal. Although it was done in two takes, it just wasn't an easy one to execute. I think there were at least three reasons why that scene was so mushkil. But before that, let me tell you that it was not difficult because I had to wear a saree for that scene.

I have been seen in glam outfits on screen, but honestly, I am far more comfortable in a saree than in any other attire. Now back to the three reasons:

One, I had to narrate a speech in front of nearly 5,000 people. Think about giving a speech in front of 100 people and your hands would tremble.

Two, my character in the film had to vent all her emotions in that scene.

Three, that scene was the climax of the film. Hence, it had to be done in such a way that it not only creates an impact, but also, leaves a lasting impression as well.  It was a very crucial scene wherein I had to take utmost care that I neither underplay it nor go over the top.

A tough scene is generally not a song or a dance. The biggest challenge for an actor is when he or she is asked to portray a gamut of emotions in one scene.

Still of the scene from Raajneeti
Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
Her dialogue delivery in the film gave me goosebumps
That scene gave me goosebumps too, Katrina 😆😆
Her frozen expressions 🤔
whoa...it did me goosebumps as well...i can't measure how bad it was 🤔 katrina u r good the way u r... but never try ur hand at acting hun...
She says she is comfortable in a sari...I don't believe her. She looks more comfortable when she wears dresses. That's why she is mostly in dresses when she is attending offscreen events.

And she is saying that scene is suppose to be emotional? But I didn't see any emotions coming from Kat in that scene.

But this is a nice change from Kat, I never hear her praising her performance.
Good. Then try to improve your acting.
Everyone in the theatre was laughing at her speech. She should go and watch the movie again
You did a great job Kat. Hope to see more emotional scenes from you. I loved it. I agree Lensa, this is the first time she has praised herself. Well deserved, keep it coming :)
What is she talking about????

The speech with two lines...gave her goosebumps...wow...I never thought her yardstick for her performance was that low...

If she will be in the movie formore than 5 scenes & 10 dialogue what will happen to her - faint??????😉
It's okay katrina, we all get goosebumps when we watch horror movies, especially when the scariest scene comes on.