Srk is the best anchor--Jai

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Jay Soni: SRK is the best anchor
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Popularly known as Ishaan Kashyap, of STAR Plus' most loved show Sasural Genda Phool, Jay Soni has just added another brownie point to his resume. He has been signed by Zee TV to anchor their music reality show Hero Honda Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs.

Jay will be hosting the show along with Afsha Musani and Dhairya Sonecha, the li'l anchors of 2009. Jay is extremely excited to take the centrestage on Hero Honda Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs and broaden his horizons. We spoke to Jay about his new job as anchor and going beyond acting.
Showing 1 of 5 images Previous    Next

How did you bag this iconic singing reality show?
Due to the growing popularity of my show Sasural Genda Phool, I have been getting some pretty interesting offers. I got a call from Zee and makers of the show, and I met them. They said they liked my style. One thing led to another, talks materialized and I went in for a look test. Once that was locked, I became the part of this show

What do like about Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs?                       
It's a superb show and a brand today that gives a cool and credible platform to the little singers of our country to display their talent. I am glad to be part of this show as I have grown up watching Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and Antakshari with my family. I secretly desired to be on stage and sing my heart out, but thank God I didn't. I am enjoying shooting and the atmosphere on the sets of the show.

How is working with little anchors Afsha Musani and Dhairya?
They are superb and at the same time very naughty. It's great fun to shoot with them. They are the little wonders of the show and I really want the audiences to see all our masti we do while shooting for the show. There would be lot of pranks we played on each other shown on air.

What is more difficult anchoring or acting?
Both are very difficult and different but frankly speaking, I am enjoying anchoring currently. Though it was very hard and one has to get the hang of it, but once you get on with it and start shooting, its fun. I am enjoying both acting and anchoring as both teach me something new daily.

Who is your anchoring icon on television and why?
I really admire Shah Rukh Khan's style as I feel he is a great entertainer. I love the way he interacts with the audiences, which I think is key to becoming a successful anchor.

Among television actors, who do you think is the best anchor?
For me, SRK is best anchor on television today. As for others, I feel they are good and doing a fine job. I don't have favourites as such.

How are you managing shooting for your serial Sasural Genda Phool and Little Champs?
It does get pretty hectic and very tiring but I am loving all the excitement. As they say, no gain without pain.

What would be your message to your fans?
Thanks everyone for loving me as Ishaan Kashyap and applauding my acting in the show.Now I want the same support and love from all my fans to accept me as anchor.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thankyou for sharing dear.😃
Thanks for sharing.😃 I am eagerly waiting for the show to start. I want to see Jay as an anchor. Any idea when it is going to start? Thanks.

(BTW, Can you see Ragini Khanna in my profile pic?)
Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: ymanjushree10

Thanks for sharing.😃 I am eagerly waiting for the show to start. I want to see Jay as an anchor. Any idea when it is going to start? Thanks.

(BTW, Can you see Ragini Khanna in my profile pic?)

I think ur talking abour Ragz in ur Avatar pic...😊
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing tanu di...😊
even iam waiting for the show to start...will be watching a reality show after a long time...
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm sure Jay will do a great job as an anchor.😊
--sree-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing
anyone have any idea when it will start?
Originally posted by: Armu4eva

I think ur talking abour Ragz in ur Avatar pic...😊

Oops.. Ya, the avatar pic. OMG!!You can see it? I am so happy. BTW, it is my most favorite picture of Ragini. I feel she looks AWESOME in this pic!! 😃
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
@manju...u r not meaning the siggy na...if its avatar...then yar...i cannot see it...😕
crysind thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Here you go Jay...All the best wishes for you... 👍🏼
I am sure you will do a good job ...