Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

"I don't want any awards & Nominee" Salman Khan.

Beinghumansfc Senior Member

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
In his 23 years of acting career, 'Dabangg' brought Salman Khan his first best actor award but the actor is not bothered of receiving awards as it's the audience reaction that matters the most to him.

"I don't want any awards. I have told all the producers to not put best actor nomination. I don't want to be a nominee. I get my recognition and appreciation when the theatres are full...when people whistle and clap," Salman said.

Salman received the best actor award for 'Dabangg' at the Chevrolet Apsara Awards 2011 and at the 17th Star Screen Awards.

"From the masses it's their love that matters to me. When the film goes from single theatres to multiplex theatres it is an award for me. I would rather believe in these rewards than such awards," Salman said. The actor was nominated for the best actor category for several films like 'Karan Arjun', Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' opposite Aishwarya Rai and 'Tera Naam', but has received the best supporting actor award for Karan Johar's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.

There was a time when everyone else's films were working and my films were getting bombed...left, right and centre. I had to do films as I liked the script...but then I couldn't put my foot down on edit or re-shoot some scenes. But today I have realised as audience spend money for it's my responsibility to ensure they are entertained, the actor said.

"Even if I don't get my salary or remuneration from now onwards it doesn't matter to me I am going to be fine with it. Anyways, everything I earn goes to the charitable trust 'Being Human' so that is something I am not worried at all. What I am worried about is when my film releases audiences should be happy and satisfied," the 45-year-old actor said.

Salman clarified why two songs -'Character Dheela' along with Zarine Khan and 'Dhinka Chika' of his upcoming film 'Ready' were shot again. "Two songs have been re-shot because I wasn't happy with what was shot in Bangkok. I heard the audio...saw visuals and thought they didn't match up. There's no strategy. I just wanted the song to be better. That is why we shot the songs again and we got that," Salman said. Directed by Anees Bazmee 'Ready' is a remake of 2008 Telugu film by the same name. The movie starring Salman and Asin in lead roles is slated to release on June 3. "I am all looking forward for 'Ready'. I just hope we stand up to the expectations," Salman said.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Thats what you say when you hate to lose. or are scared of losing. I hate awards & Nominee, because I hate the feeling when I lose.

Edited by sheee - 05 May 2011 at 5:54am
Salma2 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Ahh then why did u run away from a certain function.

Except Tere naam and Kuch kuch hota hai...I have never ever seen his potential as an actor. He never did a complex
Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged
yeah well.. don't worry haha, you aren't getting truckloads of em anyway

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simi rocks Goldie
simi rocks
simi rocks

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
i dont think an actor should say that   they don't want any awards, awards are part of the film industry     still love you salman

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
I feel bad for him. He has worked so hard in some really great movies. Almost all of his 90's and early 2000's movies were fabulous. Lately he got into action but I think he deserved awards for movies like Tere Naam or Kyun Ki and many more. He isn't given his due.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Oh ... Well...According to Filmfare SRK, Hrithik and AB Sr are the only three best actors in recent times Silly 
Until they are struck with these same people I dont see any of the others getting any recognition from them...
Either way everyone knows there is no credibilty left in these awards... They have become more like return gifts... Party mein aa jao return gift le jao... LOL
And anyways these awards are no yardsticks to the star power of the star... Even without getting any award Salman Khan  is still a top star today and has a massive fan following...
Look at Hrithik... Where is he today... Inspite of getting so many awards as of today his star power rating is way below ... much lower than a relatively newcomer...

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
And whats wrong with this silly emo ... Why is it looking wierd... Wacko

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top