Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Shreya and Vini--- Well what i think about Lubna's stance on divorce is the same as you guys. Why did she say that?

but then when you think of it from her standpoint and the age in which they are right now, may be "divorce" wasn't an acceptable thing in Indian society then and that it was looked down upon and the kids suffered the stigma of being a child of divorced parents...i don't know...i'm just assuming. what do you all think?
Ha Ha, Amy. It's easy to analyze others' relationships. If something like this happens to us then all that logic flies right out of the window.

Jokes aside, Yes, Kabir loved that sweet and calm Lubna but he changed whereas she didn't. It's not her fault. Is it his? I don't know. We often criticize when there's physical infidelity involved while we overlook emotional infidelity. Look around and we can see many couples confiding and sharing their turmoil with others than their respective partners. Once people become emotionally attached, physical connection is not far.

And I agree that Lubna's background plays a big part. That's why I mentioned that it was easy for Sapna to fit into Aditya Raj's life whereas Kabir's new way was alien to Lubna and that transition much harder. I don't blame her at all. It's sad though.

To the last part of my previous post "It so often happens that some forget the people who stood by them when they were nobody. And sometimes it's difficult to keep up with flourishing people. In the end, one regrets losing the love of family and loved ones."  I would like to add an anecdote.

[Leo Tolstoy and his wife Sofia belonged to affluent family. One would assume that since their background was similar and they understood each other, they would have a great marriage. She raised all their children while her husband wrote masterpieces. She was the copyist of War and Peace and always supported him in his literary work. But as time passed, he became more idealistic and radical while she continued to be practical and they always ended up squabbling. Leo Tolstoy became more influenced by Tolstoyans like Vladimir Chertkov and one night left his home and Sofia. During that journey, he became ill and only name he uttered when regained consciousness for a brief time was his wife's. He pleaded with the Tolstoyans to let her see him.They did let her one glance after his death. Sad isn't it?]
Nymeria thumbnail
Oh that was sad. that anecdote you mentioned and i guess Kabir-Lubna's story does seem similar to that. it's sad for both Lubna and for Kabir. I liked the maturity in their conversation. Lubna's words did seem to affect kabir or so it seemed.

I really like the way they have shown 3 different sorts of relationships among the three couples of this show-- ARM-Sapna and Kabir-Lubna being the major ones and then there is Mini-Hanif relationship. Each of these relationships  have their own unique aspect associated with it.

on a side note--- Why aren't they showing anything about Vicky-Zulekha yet? Are they just going to pop out of nowhere in the last week?

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hola chicas...🤗

Infidelity...its a complex topic. Some days ago I had said the writers had not really delved in to the divide between Lubna and Kabir and I still feel the same way. Did Lubna ever know that she was not meeting Kabir's emotional needs before yesterday? Lubna has been shown living in her own world...home, child, husband...not much beyond it! Kabir is now the world wise business man. Some onus falls on him to bring Lubna along or at least let her know she is being left behind. I get he is lonely...Lubna does not get his life or ambitions or work but she did not back when they met too. He has been shown being quite abrupt with her during that Manali vacation for example. Before "sleeping" with Tamanna, Kabir was openly flirting with her and visited her...the conversation came later! So his physical desires gained priority but the emotional ones were met too as an added benefit! Anyway...I feel more for Lubna in this situation. I loved how she confronted Kabir...straight on...no melodrama! Her not wanting a divorce probably has to do with both her own belief system and the era.

Coming back to yesterday's episode...I enjoyed Mini's little breakdown as she recited the namaz! Well done!

Then there was the discussion around bombing Bombay...😔...took me back to that era! Mubarak is something else...cannot wait for Kabir to find out who he truly is!

Telesoap & Akhl...Hiya...have not chatted with you guys before. I'm Jaya!

Edited by darlunia - 12 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amy...the Zulekha shown in Monday or Tuesday's episode seemed like a little kid...some 11 - 12 years. From Sapna's conversation last week, Vicky is ready to go to university in the US...or he is at least thinking about it...that makes him 16 - 17 I guess.
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
watched 3 episodes all togather on set india...😃

@kabir..*$%*&#@#$@% u r not hiding now n open n u have no ans y r u cheating lubna😡

how i wish mubarak beats fahid again n kabir too...
go mubarak 😆 but seriously i dont support that...thr are better ways to explain

@lubna denying for divorce...well tht happens, have seen many such cases...for the sack of society n kids women do like tht...plus its a stimga too...bt best part was asking direct question...👏 wow i really like this attitude👍🏼
@kabir-lubna relationship...well it takes 2 ppl to make a relationship strong & beautiful...if lubna was not emotionally with kabir..did kabir try to improve relationship..he said he lost interest since few yrs...well than y didnt he try to revive relationship?if lubna cudnt understand him even he cudnt understand lubna...
plus he slept with tamanna so 4 me its more physical relationship than emotional..
i even agree than emotional relationship may lead to physical relation bt all i see is kabir feels lubna isnt classy,attractive etc..he had no reasons...he was giving lame excuses😡  

@natasha & nasim..poor souls, natasha is too naive...i wish she takes a stand

@fahid...i hope he rots in jail...he deserves it.

@ARM & sapna...lovely relationship...i adore ARM for his love for his wife.. their relationship is beyond tiff & differences they have.. one of reason may be sapna knows him well & balances relationship pretty well...but she can say watever she wants to him & ARM listens to her...he values her opinions👍🏼

@adi-mini my 2nd fav scene after adi-sapna

@mini OMG when she was driving car n stoped in b/w i lost a heartbeat... n than saying namaz again n again😭  a perfect scene to watch... she was scared for herself n hanif..

@hanif n mini hug...adorable😭

i wish 2 see vicky n zulekha soon😍

Nymeria thumbnail
@Jaya-- exactly what i said earlier. they never showed Kabir-lubna the way they showed ARM-Sapna. it was just us assuming by the book's characters how they might have grown apart. Kabir already knew that Lubna was a homely person and actually i think i remember him saying that he liked that about her.
I mentioned this elsewhere, but i'll say it again--- Kabir's been somewhat after money, power and status and there's nothing wrong in that. he's had a very sad past and it's actually quite a feat seeing how far he's come through. He aspired to become rich...to own a hotel, he achieved it. he saw Lubna, liked her and wished to marry her...he got that set as well. Once he sets his mind on to something, he's determined to get it...doesn't matter if he has to revert to unethical ways. leaving aside unethical means part, his determination is something that even ARM appreciates and so do the viewers. He's not a "bad" guy...not even now, he's just changed just like he mentioned to lubna.  and part of this change is good and commendable but there's other part which is not so good.
I don't think i feel sad for Lubna in this whole issue...in fact it's sad to see what Kabir's doing to himself in the name of this game with ARM. he's loosing his wife, his family and somewhere he's loosing "Kabir" and all that will be left will be just his title "Nawab."🤔

@gargi-- Hola! yeah Mini's moment was chilling!  I like this character...it's been through so much and right before the episode aired, i was hoping that nothing more happened to her.

I want to see Vicky-Zulekha too but more than that i want to see their relationship with their fathers before so that it flows aptly when they show V-Z relationship with each other.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago

I would have loved to see Lubna walking out on Kabir. It's the 90s and walking out on a cheater is not a taboo anymore. Maybe then Kabir would have realized her importance. She took care of the child and home when he was out competing with Aditya Raj and fulfilling his dreams. Yes, it was his dreams and not theirs and that's the sad part of their relationship. They never had a dream together. It was always about him.

Moving on to their children, I think both Zulekha and Vicky are closer to their moms. Did Aditya Raj and Kabir fail as a father?

------------------------------------------------------------

Mini reciting kalma and later hugging Hanif was poignant. I like how their relationship grew. Sweet!
Isha.Isha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am yet to see past two days episodes.
But... I do not understand the thought process behind showing Kabir's character to be a cheater. I mean his biggest issue with his father was that he thought father left his mother and did not care for her. His issue with Saraswati's father was also that he did not care about his family. After such strong feelings, how can he himself kind of turn out to be the same? I wish they would have explained it better unless it's just me who failed to understand this!😕
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: TheDilettante

To the last part of my previous post "It so often happens that some forget the people who stood by them when they were nobody. And sometimes it's difficult to keep up with flourishing people. In the end, one regrets losing the love of family and loved ones."  I would like to add an anecdote.

I actually feel sorry for Lubna. Kabir has forgotten the people who stood by him back when he had no one. Lubna stood by him when he was arrested, she believed that it wasn't possible for him to kill someone even though she didn't know him too well. Lubna was unable to keep up with Kabir because he didn't stay by her side, if Kabir had given her more attention then she would have learned a little bit about his work and understood him better but at all the parties he would just leave her sitting there while he conversed with everyone else. I think Kabir pulled the plug on his own relationship. Marriages and relationships are a compromise but this was only about Kabir so how was Lubna expected to keep up?