Gulaal

India-Forums

   
Gulaal
Gulaal

I sense Talli trouble... (Page 7)

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Joined: 08 October 2010
Posts: 14997

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lennie

All i can say the point of this show was the deeyavatu happening and Kes-Gul marriage
 
Gulaal choosing Kesar wasnt done for the hell of it, the situation was that it left little choice to and she wasnt selfish - no way was she selfish - from the story point it made sense and why Gulaal did what she did and how and why... i understood it when i watched that episode before and after and so on, we can say what if and this and that, but it doesnt change anything concerning this show does it, and again i still stand by what she did, even everyone understood why as well
 
All i can is watch the episode and understand it, coz if you cant then i dont know what else i can say, and maybe there is no point in following this story and the show...
 
Smile
 
 
Watch the show Phulwa right now, Shanker the main lead is marrying a 12 yrs old girl forcefully in front of everyone - why, coz when that show started the main point was to get to the twist where Phulwas marries at 12 (which some viewers dont seem to get why its happening) and to an older man
 
 
DeadDeadDeadDeadDead thank god i not watching it and nor has any intention to watch it ! girl child marriage is worst thing anybody could have shown...kes-gul is different from phulwa ...no offence to phulwas fans
 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvi

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Joined: 30 November 2004
Posts: 37013

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Phulwa is somewhat based on a true story of Phoolen Devi
 
These things happen in some villages, harsh in a way but it happens and for them its probably natural in some way coz they live in that time/world/life, sometimes we cant look at things in a one set mind, sometimes it need to look from so many angles and such, not everything is black and white


Edited by Lennie - 05 May 2011 at 2:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvi

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Joined: 08 October 2010
Posts: 14997

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lennie

Phulwa is somewhat based on a true story of Phoolen Devi
 
These things happen in some villages, harsh in a way but it happens and for them its probably natural in some way coz they live in that time/world/life, sometimes we cant look at things in a one set mind, sometimes it need to look from so many angles and such, not everything is black and white
 
phoolon devi !!!!!!!!! k so its a very sensitive story...then also i will not watch it story  of phoolon devi scares me alot...thank god  ...i m not born in an  indian village


Edited by arti07 - 05 May 2011 at 2:19pm
suki11 Goldie
suki11
suki11

Joined: 06 January 2006
Posts: 1182

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
We all know child marriage is wrong and that this show is fictional, but main issue for me is what this show is trying to portray about child marriage.
IMO if G-K do end up being romantically involved, are we to assume that firstly child marriage works, and that secondly and more worriedly that it its ok in certain instances to perform?
Many of us may have younger family members around kesar's age when he was 'married', how many of us hands on our hearts can or will say that if those same family members were in kesar's shoes today we would be perfectly fine with the situation? I'll be honest I would be fuming.
This marriage is illegal, and most societies would condemn such marriages, and again I would say in this instance majority rules.
At the end of the day if G-K romance happens for me it shows that crime pays. Lewd as those men's comments were in the maha epi promo, they had a point G-K romance jodi will eventually enjoy the fruits of a child marriage. Agreed that no child molestation happened nor can now that kesar is older and that gulaal never ever had any such intentions, but the actual fact that he was 'married' is classed as child abuse.
So are cv's trying to portray at the end of the day that gulaal is a show that shows people how to perform child marriage 'correctly'?
Seriously I don't know the meaning to this show. I get that love knows no boundaries, but come on showing that it even can form during child marriage a serious crime, is not giving the show a very good image is it? Nor a good moral.



Edited by suki11 - 05 May 2011 at 2:27pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Incense

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Joined: 30 November 2004
Posts: 37013

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
See your divluging into it more deeply and seeing what ifs in a way, then just see the flowing of the story and so on... - and what the Kes-Gul bond was and is
 
 
Anyways thats all i can say 
 
Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Joined: 08 October 2010
Posts: 14997

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suki11

We all know child marriage is wrong and that this show is fictional, but main issue for me is what this show is trying to portray about child marriage.
IMO if G-K do end up being romantically involved, are we to assume that firstly child marriage works, and that secondly and more worriedly that it its ok in certain instances to perform?
Many of us may have younger family members around kesar's age when he was 'married', how many of us hands on our hearts can or will say that if those same family members were in kesar's shoes today we would be perfectly fine with the situation? I'll be honest I would be fuming mad.
This marriage is illegal, and most societies would condemn such marriages, and again I would say in this instance majority rules.
At the end of the day if G-K romance happens for me it shows that crime pays. Lewd as those men's comments were in the maha epi promo, they had a point G-K romance jodi will eventually enjoy the fruits of a child marriage.Agreed that no child molestation happened nor can now that kesar is older and that gulaal never ever had any such intentions, but the actual fact that he was 'married' is classed as child abuse.
So are cv's trying to portray at the end of the day that gulaal is a show that shows people how to perform child marriage correctly?
Seriously I don't know the meaning to this show. I get that love knows no boundaries, but come on showing that it even can form during child marriage a serious crime, is not giving the show a very good image is it? Nor a good moral.

 
u stole my words suki i m still confuse ...should i support it or should is condemn it  ! but the fact is i cant ignore it ...cv have touched the taboo and restricted romantisicm ..which is amusing  ...i hope whatever they show us in the end they should justify them on moral gorunds

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suki11

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 48889

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Well then why just look at this show?

Balika Vadhu was about child marriage, Ekta shows were about having multiple spouses, widows marrying their husband's murderer but then end up falling in love with them, or stories about reincarnation. There are so many strange shows out there.

When you sit down to watch these bizarre stories, you don't think 'Hmmm now what will I learn from this show?'. These serials are for couch potatoes who want a form of escapism. I think they learn enough morals from their parents and close ones.

As far as I can see, the show wasn't made to tell society 'Look this is about child marriage and this is our view on it'. It was meant to be written about two people called Kesar and Gulaal, their bond. There's no point of generalizing them with typical scenarios of an adult-child marriages. You can't always stereotype every relationship under one category. Why not judge each circumstance on their own merit?? Personally, I've seen this show from the POV of two people who share unconditional love for each other, marriage or no marriage.


Edited by *Reemz* - 05 May 2011 at 2:40pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvipoppinssBinKuchKahe.

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Joined: 08 October 2010
Posts: 14997

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Well then why just look at this show?

Balika Vadhu was about child marriage, Ekta shows were about having multiple spouses, widows marrying their husband's murderer but then end up falling in love with them, or stories about reincarnation. There are so many strange shows out there.

When you sit down to watch these bizarre stories, you don't think 'Hmmm now what will I learn from this show?'. These serials are for couch potatoes who want a form of escapism. I think they learn enough morals from their parents and close ones.

As far as I can see, the show wasn't made to tell society 'Look this is about child marriage and this is our view on it'. It was meant to be written about two people called Kesar and Gulaal, their bond. There's no point of generalizing them with typical scenarios of an adult-child marriages. You can't always stereotype every relationship under one category. Why not judge each circumstance on their own merit?? Personally, I've seen this show from the POV of two people who share unconditional love for each other, marriage or no marriage.
 
. the protogonist in all these story are adult and free to do whatever they want to its their live ...they are  not involved in child adult marriage...which is  wierd ...
 
balika vadhu condemns this sort of marriage they have shown us that it not good now they are showing us the consequence as jagya is living with someone else and anandi life is total mess...they are still stick to their plot...
 
regarding gulaal as suki pointed whats the purpose ...is .child adult marriage  acceptable????is it good ???? and the couple may lead a lovable romantic life ???? ... i have not watched it previously and entered the show with grown up kesar so i have no probs with it ...for me its story about an age difference ...but i wonder if i had watched it previously it would be hard to understand the romantic  feeling of gulaal for kesar (if it happens)... who was a child infront of her ...not a teen a child


Edited by arti07 - 05 May 2011 at 2:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suki11

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index