radev85 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

IN hindu mythology ,most of divinities are associated with some music instrument like,lord SHIVA with DAMRU,SARASWATI with VEENA...But it is FLUTE associated with KANHA...for which there are many esoteric explanations by different saints...THE BAMBOO flute is the oldest musical instrument known to mankind...it is the only musical instrument which is most natural and does not contain any musical parts...it is made of a single length of bamboo and has 6 or 7 holes...flute uses no keys,tone control bieng a matter of breath control and unique technique of fingure...

types of flute:
1)BANSURI:-The BANSURI,which has 8 holes is the one used by LORD KRISHNA & is found today in Hindustan classical music.
2)VENU:-VENU is more commonly used in the caranatic system of of music.
Flute has the vocalist styleof playing known as the "GATKAARI ANG" in classical music.It is very close to human voice & whatever the vocalist brings out through his music,one can bring out through flute...the flute player actually sings in his\her & blow through the flute...this is the reason that flute sounded very melodious...
When played by LORD KRISHNA,in an atmosphere surrounded by nature...once KARISHNA asked his devitees what they would like to be in his hands...some says the LOTUS...SOME the CONCH...some the CHAKRA...& SO ON...BUT NO ONE MENTIONED FLUTE...KANHA advised them to become his FLUTE...in his discourse to his devotees,he said that.."in the human personalty structure,as in the flute...there are 8 main spots;
the five organs of perception...mind...intellect & ego...if you get rid of your ego and become like a hallow reed flute then lord will come to you...pick you up...put his lips & breath through you & out of hollowness of your heart...the captivating melody will emerge for all creation to enjoy...BUT if you wil continue your attitude of dislike,hatred,& jealousy...the LORD will distance himself from you...since you will be useless for his perpose".
Many episodes in LORD KRISHNA'S life are quoted to show,as to how even his consort...RUKMANI could not undrstands the music of his flute...whereas his beloved RADHA realised & knew the meaning of the music KRISHNA was playing in his flute.
According to SWAMI SUKHAAMANDA:"RUKMANI loves KRISHNA so much that she was very possessive about him...but he hardly get time to spent with her...she always marked one thing that the flute which KRISHNA PLAYS is most of the times with him...expected when he takes bath or when he goes out for some specific reason...once RUKMANI thought of asking the flute as to what is so special about it...a mere bamboo stick...one day when he took bath...she took his flute...breath life to it & asked it..."why are you so close to KRISHNA! despite being his wife;i am not able to spend much time with him"...The flute gave a surprised look at her & told  her,"even i don't know why it  is like that,look at me...i am just a stick with some holes & i am of no use to anyone...but once KRISHNA puts air into me,nice music comes out of it...i don't have any mental blocks so i am close to him.
SO YOU TOO TAKE OUT ALL BLOCKS(remove your ego),BE EMPTY...THEN ONLY YOU'LL BE CLOSE TO HIM"
RUKMANI realised that KRISHNA's flute represents a devotee,who has transcended her ego self & was become an unobstructed medium for music of soul".
HOPE YOU LIKE IT... 

Edited by radev85 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shobrakapooor thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
thanxx for givin sume knowlege abt dis. i really luv to read things lyk dis. thanku sooo much.
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
love your post...thanks a ton
sigrid thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for giving us the info about Kanha and flute...looks like the Cvs are going in same direction with the story...Radhika telling Dev, if she cures Rohan and takes care of his family, when Rohan wakes up tells him the truth, will he accept her...here the connection to the flute(radhika)..But we know when Rohan will wake up  he will not tell the truth. 
radhika5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for sharing this information about flute and "Rukhmini's story"

Especially liked the following part---

The five organs of perception...mind...intellect & ego...if you get rid of your ego and become like a hallow reed flute then lord will come to you...pick you up...put his lips & breath through you & out of hollowness of your heart...the captivating melody will emerge for all creation to enjoy...--

Krishna's flute is a devotee----reminds me of he bhajan from Jhodha Akbar---the way become one with Lord Krishna is through his bansuri---is beautifully incorporated in the bhajan Man Mohana--

Mann Mohana – Song Lyrics

Mann Mohana aaa
mann mohanaaa
Kanha sunona aaa
Tum bin paun kaise chaina
Tarsu tumhi ko din rain

Chodke apne kashi mathura
Chodke apne kashi mathura
Aake basao more nain
Tum bin paun kaise chain
Kanhaaa
Tarsu tumhiko din rain

Ek pal ujiraya aaye
Ek pal andhiyara chaye
Mann kyun na ghabraye
Kaise na ghabraye
Mann jo koi dhara ha
Apni rahon mein paaye
Kaun disha jaye
Tum bin kaun samjhaye
Tum bin kaun samjhaye

Raas rachiyan brindavan ke gokul ke basi
Radha tumhri daasi
Darshan ko hai pyaasi
Shaam shalone nand lala krishna banwari
Tumri chab hai nyari
Mein to hoon tan man hari
Mein to hoon tan man hari

Mann mohanaaa mann mohanaaa
Mann mohanaaa mann mohanaaa
Kanha sunona aaa
Tum bin paun kaise chain
Tarsu tumhiko din rain

Jeevan ek nadiya hai lehron lehron behti jaye
Ismein mann ki naiyaa doobe kabhi tar jaye
Tum na Khewaiya ho to koi tat kaise paaye
Majdhaare rehlaye
Toh tumri saran aaye
Haan tumri saran aaye

Mein hoon tumhari hai tumhara yeh mere jeevan
Tumko hi dekhon mein
Dekhun koi darpan
Bansi ban jaungi in hooton ki ho jangui
In sapno se jalthal
Hai mera maan angan
Hain mera mmm…

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaSsxdKxCg[/YOUTUBE]

Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks you radev 85, had no clue that there is difference in  flute too.
also loved the rukmini story. How apt, yes to bring that sweet sound, one should shed off their ego, and look outside with a pure heart, and then i am sure only good things will come out from them, and nothing will affect them back.  so good. keep it coming..

usha di, nice connection with CB..
radhika5.. thanks for sharing the music...
radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely post radev85.

Reminds of a lovely semi-classical song sung by Yesudas in the movie Saawan Ko AAne Do

BOLE TO BANSURI KAHIN BAJTI SUNAYI RE.

radhika5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: radha_bilahari

Lovely post radev85.

Reminds of a lovely semi-classical song sung by Yesudas in the movie Saawan Ko AAne Do

BOLE TO BANSURI KAHIN BAJTI SUNAYI RE.

Song

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vak6gXvCrY[/YOUTUBE]
Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG!! is that Rita ji..
 nice song and sung my fav...
radev85 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thank you guys for your lovely and appriciable replies...this is my first topic post...i m thankful to all of you...try to do better in future..Edited by radev85 - 12 years ago