The Vampire Diaries

TVD - spoilers and promos #2 (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 150

-AquaMermaiden-

IF-Stunnerz

-AquaMermaiden-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
1more day to go...this is one excruciatingly long wait!!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TVD - spoilers and promos #2 (Page 12)" in The Vampire Diaries forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: Profound Loss Is Part of Who Elena Is

Of all the deaths during two seasons of The Vampire Diaries, none were as tragic and personal as the loss of Jenna and that was exactly the point, executive producer Julie Plecsays.

"The loss of life in the sacrifice ritual needed to be as deeply personal as possible in order to show how big of a move it was that Klaus is making and how profound of an impact it would have on not only Elena's life, but on everybody," Plec tells TVGuide.com.

Vampire Diaries post-mortem and a preview of the shocking finale

In Part 1 of our exclusive interview with Plec, she explains how Jenna's death in the penultimate episode sets up the emotional resolution for the finale (Thursday, 8/7c on CW) and addresses how the show will handle the fact that there's no characters left clueless of the supernatural. Plus: Is here hope for Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) to get together? Plec previews their Season 3 journey and conflict. 

When do you decide you were going to kill off Jenna (Sara Canning)?
Julie Plec: 
Those decisions are never made lightly. We talked quite a lot about it together in a span of a day when we were writing the story for episode 20. It was not something we set out to do in the beginning of the season -- it was a late in the day decision -- and once we made the decision about Jenna's demise that's the point when we orchestrated the vampire sacrifice of it all.

Were you worried that fans would be very angry?
Plec: 
We certainly did not want to piss anybody off or alienate anybody. With series regulars you're always going to have fan-bases that feel very protective of them and love them and feel like they're family so these decisions are not going to go over necessarily well all the time. But we spent an entire season building to this sacrifice ritual and bringing Klaus in and we felt like the loss of life in the sacrifice ritual needed to be as deeply personal as possible in order to show how big of a move it was that Klaus is making and how profound of an impact it would have on not only Elena's life, but on everybody.

Exclusive Vampire Diaries first look: The season finale is on fire!

Does Jenna's death symbolize getting rid of the adults on the show to force the kids to grow up?
Plec: 
That's a tough one because by no means do we think there shouldn't be parental figures on this show. Some of the parents are our most colorful and vivid characters. Elena (Nina Dobrev) began the series having just lost her parents and as an orphan and that is part of what defines her. Along the road she has found her birth mother, discovered the identity of her birth father and yes, had a surrogate guardian in Jenna, but when it's all said and done this is a girl who has experienced so much profound loss and that journey is continuing for her. It's all part of who she is and it's rough and it's brutal, but we want to take Elena to the next place. Now she's going to be in her own way a parent to Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and she's going to be the adult in the family and that's all going to be a part of the road that we're sending her down.

Along with Jenna, Matt became aware of the supernatural, but now you've lost the innocent and high school teen perspective.
Plec: 
The problem is there's always a fine line between keeping someone out of the loop and making them seem stupid. With both Jenna and Matt (Zach Roerig) we felt we were hitting the end of the rope there in our world of the characters having credibility, in fact, I think we stretched almost too thin. So bringing them in felt like the right decision. Now the hazard of that is we have no clueless innocence. Maybe we'll introduce new innocence or maybe the fun will be seeing Matt continue down his path with his life which is complicated without the supernatural elements and see where his place is and where he fits into this group of supernatural creatures that are also his friends and extended family.

VIDEO: Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev dishes on her co-stars

Now that Matt freaked out and broke up with Caroline, does that leave room for her and Tyler to get together?
Plec: 
Matt and Tyler aren't in the last episode so their Season 2 journey has come to a close, but the fun of where I think we'll be able to go with it is that we've got a mayor and a sheriff who are each mothers of supernatural beings and who are not necessarily compatible with each other. Where are those mothers going to stand in all this and as mayor and the sheriff of the town, what conflict is going to arise as they jockey for position to protect their children and also maybe try to keep their children away from each other?

The penultimate episode was epic, how can the finale compare?
Plec: 
The last episode was clearly the season finale of our mythology storyline. We went all out and that was as deliberate choice knowing that the story we wanted to tell in our season finale is actually the emotional resolution of the season. We also want to really give the audience a window to where we're going in Season 3, a taste of what the series is going to be like as we move forward.

Check back on Thursday for Part 2 of our chat with Julie where she previews Stefan's "harrowing" journey in the finale, addresses Damon's wolf bite and shares some plans for Season 3.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_dkmystery_

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

Dobrey predicts fans will cry about 'Vampire' finale

By LAURI NEFF May 10, 2011 7:13PM

NEW YORK "Vampire Diaries" fans note: Star Nina Dobrev warns of a "gut-wrenching" season finale in which "people will die."

Dobrev is not giving hints about who will go but predicts that "there will be a lot of tears" among viewers of Thursday's episode on WGN-Channel 9.

The actress says she was as surprised as anyone by the key plotline involving a "sun and moon curse" that turned out to be a ruse for character Klaus, who is scheming to become a vampire/werewolf hybrid.

"Trust me, when I read that script and looked at those pages and saw that everything that they've all been doing for the last two seasons really has been all made up and a big joke broke my heart," she said.

Dobrev thinks it was a clever move to make Klaus appear more diabolical.

"It makes Klaus that much smarter and that much more clever and ahead of the game," she said.

Dobrev co-stars with Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley, who play vampire brothers obsessed with her two characters: the sweet human Elena and the evil vampire ancestor Katherine.

Because Elena and Katherine are both identified as doppelgangers, Dobrev says "it's assumed" she will eventually have to take on another role as their original. She acknowledges, however, that she has "no idea" if that will happen.

"I didn't even know that I'd be playing Katherine when I signed on the project," she said. "It just popped up in the script one day."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bd670816TheBlackJaguar_dkmystery_

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lip-a-Licious

Damon doesn't deserve this , not after having a chance at humanity again . And no, its not about Elena or Stefan , that he should live. He needs to live for himself and find what he has lost ages ago. Damon is trying to be brave and telling Stefan to say goodbyes , being his sarcy dark self by calling Stefan superman. But i hope Damon's sad joke turns out to be true. Stefan maybe the only hope that will save Damon , no matter what the price. At this point , am just bothered about Damon getting to live and Stefan having the courage to pay the price which his life demands. Rest? I don't give a vampire's fang about it. Oh, why do i have this ugly feeling that Klaus is going to have a ball on the expense of the Salvatores! Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

widaJennyPenny

-Nayab-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Nayab-

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Poco... I copied your post to my Tumblr hope you don't mind LOL... I completely agree btw Tongue...

TheBlackJaguar

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
if Season 3 is of the originals and Klaus, then yes, Stefan will pay the price of the hybrid of whatever. I just hope they don't have Damon-Elena hating Stefan for what he did, because that wuld be stupid at the end of the day.

-Nayab-

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged

'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev On Finale: 'We Leave A Lot Of Ends Untied'

Is Damon going to meet his second (and final) demise? How will Alaric cope in the wake of Jenna's death? Are Caroline and Tyler going to hook up already, or what? We're left with sooo many questions after last week's epic "Vampire Diaries" episode, "The Sun Also Rises." But according to star Nina Dobrev, we shouldn't expect many of our burning queries to be answered during tomorrow's season finale.

"It's the 'Vampire Diaries.' There's always going to be a cliffhanger," Nina teased when Hollywood Crush sat down with her recently. As avid fans, this response hardly comes as a surprise, but whatcan you tell us about the episode, Nina?

"This one is complicated because, I mean, I can't give away too much at all really, but there's so many different story lines and people that are intertwined," she said. "And...we leave a lot of ends untied so that there's obviously something to tune in to next year and there's a whole other world to delve in to next year."

Ah, you must be referring to the "year of the Originals." Which, really, only brings to mind MORE questions. Thanks a lot, Nina.

What are you theories about tomorrow's season finale? What questions do you NEED to have answered? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!

Tags Nina DobrevVampire DiariesVideo

-Nayab-

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nayab-

Poco... I copied your post to my Tumblr hope you don't mind LOL... I completely agree btw Tongue...

You are free to copy anything. It reassures me that am making some sense. Haha. LOL

-Nayab-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top