The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries

TVD - spoilers and promos #2 (Page 109)

.Juhi. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Elena in Season 3, Episode 22:
Photo Credit: The CW 2012 The CW Network, LLC.

Why so serious, Elena? Oh yeah... all those dramatic love triangles and life-threatening situations you get yourself into. We almost forgot.

Ding dong. That's destiny, darling. Two brothers with fangs and hopes and dreams are waiting for Elena (Nina Dobrev) to make a decision on The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale. At this point, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) have both proven why dating a vampire is dangerous but also why they're so irresistible. Everyone from Caroline(Candice Accola) to Rose (Lauren Cohan) have weighed the pros and cons of each brother for her. In a new interview with Zap2It, Nina Dobrev explains the circumstances when Elena finally realizes who she really wants.

"When Elena does make the decision, she's alone," Nina says. "She's not with either brother. She's taken away from that element of temptation, and away from the pressure, and she's not forced to make an impulsive decision because they're both standing in front of her… Because she's by herself, she can make the decision without being swayed by one or the other."

Our apologies to any fans who jumped to conclusions upon learning thatElena and Stefan share a kiss in the episode!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sonu.p Senior Member

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Kat Graham Teases "Huge" Season Finale Death on The Vampire Diaries

You will lose your mind.

So Kat Graham just teased to me over the phone when asked about tomorrow night's season finale of The Vampire Diaries.

"There is a huge death," the star added. "I say that every season finale because… well, there is. Someone always kicks the bucket. But this is the biggest finale we've ever had. Seriously: it may not be filled with crazy stunts of burning buildings, but, in terms of storyline, it's the biggest finale we've ever had."

nd where exactly does Bonnie figure into "The Departed?"

Graham said she isn't sure if the writers plan to take her character down a dark path, a direction some viewers thought may have been teased by the heart-stopping spell she cast over Jeremy on "Before Sunset."

But she's open to it "as long as there's a balance, as long as it makes sense and feeds both the show and the storyline. I'm all about reason and there being a motive behind things."

We won't find out much in that regard tomorrow night - Graham does wonder whether dark magic could become some kind of "addiction" on season four - but we will see Bonnie arrive at a significant decision, one influenced by her lack of parental guidance, the actress previews.

"You'll see a side of Bonnie where she might have to pull herself up by her own bootstraps. She'll be making a deal that she might not have made if her relationships [were different.] It will be shaped by the experiences she's had."

Speaking of relationships… how could we not ask: Team Damon or Team Stefan? Elena will apparently decide for herself on the season finale. What advice would Bonnie give her pal?

"At one point she wanted Damon to get lost," Graham says. "And then she wanted Stefan to get lost because he went off the deep end… she's been working with Damon recently, so she might be leaning more toward him. She thinks she can rely on him now."

Tune in tomorrow night to see if Elena agrees - and look for Graham to release an EP this June, as the off-season allows this actress/singer to focus on her music career.

sonu.p Senior Member

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev Teases "Crazy" Finale: "A Couple People Might Have to Die"

The DepartedAnnette Brown/The CW

We would tell fans of The Vampire Diaries to prepare for a death in tonight's finale, but you guys already know that. That'd be like us telling you, hey, the sky's blue. Obvious statement is obvious.

Seriously, by now we all know it's not really a Vampire Diaries finale without the threat of death looming, and fans will be saying goodbye to yet another character when the CW hit closes out its third season tonight. How do we know this? We chatted with Nina Dobrev about the "crazy" and "sad" finale, which she says even shocked the actors!

Plus, she talks about Elijah's (Daniel Gillies) return, the finale's final moments and Elena's choice between Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder)...

Way back at the beginning of season three, Nina told us she'd love to see flashbacks to Elena's life before her parents died and before her life became a way more awesome version of Twilight. So now that the show has actually filmed those flashbacks, what was the experience like?

"I really liked doing that. I liked going into Elena's world when she was carefree, happy, smiling and not running from vampires trying to save her life every day," she tells us. "It was nice. It was refreshing. I got to do scenes with Zach Roerig as Matt when they were dating. We got to do some flashbacks with my parents, which was fun. It's just nice to see that world and meet the family and meet these people that we've heard so much about."

According to Nina, fans can expect  "The Departed"  to combine the crazy cliffhangers from the season one finale with the emotional punch of the season two finale to create one super-intense and sad hybrid finale (our phrase, not Nina's). "The stakes are really high in this one. Somebody has to die, if not more than one person has to die for the others to survive, so there's suspense and everyone's on their toes," she explains. "At the same time, with the family, seeing all the flashbacks and how everything went down is very emotional and sad. Once someone dies, it's sad, too. It's a crazy one."

Someone who may be causing the death (or, you know, becoming yet another casualty)? Fan favorite Elijah, who returns to, as Daniel puts it, "restore some order."

"Everyone's running around trying to save each other and trying to not to die. The forces are divided, and it's the Originals vs. the regular vampires and the humans," Nina teases. "The humans are trying to save the vampires and the Originals are trying to survive, but someone has to die. A couple people might have to die. Elijah's representing his family and trying to keep them alive."

MORE: The Vampire Diaries Star Michael Trevino Teases Finale's Final Moments: "It's a Mindblow!"

When we spoke with Michael Trevino, he teased that fans will be blown away by the finale's final minute, a statement Nina completely supports. "Even for us, reading it was really intense, and then afterwards as we were shooting, they decided to completely change it and they threw in an extra cliffhanger," she says. "It was a twist to us, and we were all like, 'Wow! That was so cool!' Shooting it was so cool. There were a lot of stunts, and not visual effects but practical effects, on the day that we were shooting that are really cool, and I got to be on set to watch it."

Finally, we had to ask Nina about that tiny, inconsequential decision Elena will be making between Stefan and Damon. No big deal or anything. "I respect her decision, and I think that the audience will understand where she's coming from and how she formulated this choice and they'll understand as well," she says of her reaction to Elena's choice. "Some people will be happy and some people will be very mad. I'm already anticipating a Twitter explosion."

The Vampire Diaries finale airs tonight at 8 p.m. on the CW.

-Kruti.S- IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
woah these spoilers are killing...30 more mins to go...Silly
meriyaar Goldie

Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged

The Vampire Diaries Season 4: What's Next?

May 11th, 2012 6:25 AM by TV Fanatic Staff

So says Vampire Diaries producer Julie Plec in explaining how the writing team sculpted last night's shocking season three finale and where they see things going next.

SPOILER WARNING: The following excerpts from an extended interview Plec gave to Entertainment Weekly touch on events from "The Departed" and tease what's to come on Season 4. Read on at your own risk...

TVD Season Finale Picture

Let's start with some basics: Yes, Matt is alive. Indeed, Klaus really did start the Salvatore bloodline. And, hmmm, Plec - wink, wink? Hint, hint? - says she did not see Klaus' "entire body burned to bits."

As for other pressing TVD questions...

Why turn Elena now? "You've got a girl who just sorta lost her last adult living family member when Aunt Jenna died last year, so when we started this season, what we really wanted to do was begin this relationship with Alaric as her guardian and mentor, and then tear that away from her at the end leaving her and her brother with nobody. It felt like now was the time - when you're left with no grownup, no adult supervision, no parent, no guardian - for Elena to experience the next evolution of her journey."

She will transition, right? "There will be a discussion to be had about it at the beginning, but the road we're going down is pretty balls out."

Did Elena know she had vampire blood in her system? That will be answered on the season four premiere.

What about the surprise that Damon met Elena before Stefan met Elena? "There's some new information that will be introduced to Elena in the first episode of next season. I think it's just all part of the ongoing friendship and romantic entanglement that Elena has with Damon. She's never gonna be able to shake it completely, and new information is only gonna get under her skin and embed itself into her even more."

But is she fully committed to Stefan again? Yes, "we'll get to actually see them be together for a little while."

What will be the state of the Council? We'll meet new member and: "That's definitely gonna be the focus of our first episode back. The Council knows too much and needs to take action against not just those on the inside who have been deceiving them, but also the vampires that have taken up residence in the town.

What's next for Bonnie? Next year is really gonna be about having her understand not just that there are consequences for her actions, but that ultimately she needs to get in touch with who she really is as a witch and what kind of witch she wants to be.

Will anyone be talking to Rebekah? Klaus will be peeved because she ended his chance at making new Hybrids, while her "very, very, very aggressive and murderous move" will "ostracize" this Original "even more so than she's already been," Plec says.

What about a new villain? "That is a question that remains. Where is the Big Bad gonna come from? That's gonna be part of the fun of laying that out and understanding who our villain is gonna be and why."

Read more tv spoilers at:

so after reading this I still have hope for Delena as JP said Stelena will be together for little while...    poor DamonCry
and everyone thinks Joseph morgan won't be playing klaus but i think he will be
arghhh can  not wait for season 4, the last copule minutes left me in tearsCry

Edited by meriyaar - 11 May 2012 at 11:20am

sonu.p Senior Member

Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

Vampire Diaries Producer Julie Plec on Whether Elena Will Stick With [Spoiler] in Season 4

about 1 hour ago by Amanda Bell

Now that The Vampire Diaries Season 3's finale has come and gone (though we'll totally be re-watching it a time or two just to absorb every ounce of sheer awesomeness), executive producer Julie Plec is dishing out the skinny on how some of the big decisions were made about the episode and where the show will go from here when TVD returns this fall with Season 4. (Warning! Spoilers ahead!)

The biggest twist for Season 3's finale came at the tail end when Elena(Nina Dobrev) drew her first breath as a newbie she-vamp. Julie Plec toldEntertainment Weekly that this little development has been in the percolator for years. She and co-exec Kevin Williamson have been just waiting for "when it felt right" to go there. The timing was perfect for last night's show because Elena's had the opportunity to become a physically, emotionally, and intellectually stronger woman, which "will all play into next year and what kind of person and vampire she will actually be — if she should choose to see the transition through."

Oh, you tease! Of course Elena's going to feed and make the vamp-ness stick, right?! Julie says there'll be "a discussion" about whether or not she'll complete the transition when Season 4 kicks off but hints that it's pretty much inevitable because "the road we're going down is pretty balls out." Phew!

As for whether Elena's last-ditch effort to save Matt (Zach Roerig) will be in vain, Julie agrees it'd be too cruel. "I think for Matt to not survive that after everything would be just too d**n tragic." Amen!

For the juiciest aspect of the finale, when Elena chose Stefan (Paul Wesley) over Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Julie's got some 'splainin to do to Team Delena. According to her, the choice was "the right thing to do," because even though Elena's totally had some feelings for Damon, "she never fell out of love with Stefan, and you just can't let somebody like that go."

But, but, but… what about that little reveal near the end there where we found out Damon actually did meet Elena first? And, wait, won't she remember that now that she's a vamp? Yep. Julie warns that this "new information" will "get under [Elena's] skin" and "cause complications with Stefan." But Team Stelena can rest easy because "she's committed to Stefan. She loves Stefan. We'll get to actually see them be together for a little while."

In other news, Julie warned that since we didn't actually see Klaus (Joseph Morgan) burnt to a full crisp, there's no reason to count him out forever and that, in fact, he'll be doing a little "subterfuge inside of Tyler's body." Say whaaa? Oh, and we should expect to see some new Council bosses in town before too long, Bonnie (Kat Graham)'s in for some "deeper, more emotional exploration of her witchcraft," and Rebekah (Claire Holt) better watch her step in Season 4. Sigh. How bittersweet it all is. Do wereally have to wait 'til fall to see some more Vampire Diaries action?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sonu.p Senior Member

Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4: Reallyyy spoiler-y!!!

"The Vampire Diaries" finale blew us away on Thursday night. There were some tragic goodbyes, the death of an anti-hero, and a breathtaking final reveal that will have us talking (and tweeting!) all summer long. Of course, with all those answers came some big questions, so we grilled executive producer Julie Plec on what's to come in Season 4 and just how the finale decisions were made.

Zap2it: In Season 2, you guys told the story of Caroline's transition to being a vampire so beautifully. How do you expect Elena's transition to be different, so that it feels like a new story?Plec: I think the differnce here is that you have two vampires, two brothers who love this girl equally, who are going to have significantly diverging opinions about how it should all go down and what the most effective way to be a vampire is. One of the things we've seen in the last three years, especially this season in the [1912] flashback, is that neither of them particularly took to vampire life all that well. Damon was bitter and pissed off about it for 50 years before he realized he could have fun, and Stefan had his own demons, his Ripperhood. They're both going to have an opinion on how to help Elena. Stefan's method was very successful for Caroline, and we'll see him trying to teach Elena, where Damon is taking the opposite point of view. We're going to have a lot of conflict attached to those opinions.

Do we know whose blood Meredith used to turn her? We know she did have a stash of Damon's blood.That will be a good question to ask and answer when we come back. 

Was there a debate in the writer's room as to whether she would choose Stefan or Damon in this episode, or did you always agree that it would be Stefan?We were heading toward the end of the road knowing that as a human, Stefan was Elena's choice. We also knew what was going to happen at the end of the episode. Elena is no longer a human when she wakes up and when the memories come back and when her whole life goes upside-down. Who's to say what that does to her? Who's to say what kind of person she becomes, and how that impacts who she loves and why she loves them? I'm not saying that's going to send her running instantly into Damon's arms, absolutely not, but it's going to cloud the issue even more.

Her kiss with Stefan in her house was the first one they've shared all season.

We really wanted to see Stefan and Elena come back together after a really long and really horrible season. She was his champion and fought for him, even when he didn't deserve to be fought for, she still came back and said "I couldn't stop loving you, I could never stop loving you." That deserved payoff. When we wrote "The Last Day" last year, we knew where Stefan was going, and that was the last romantic episode those two were going to have probably for a year. We knew it was all going to go to hell, so finally being able to have one tiny moment of intimacy was nice.

The flashback to Elena and Damon's first meeting was a big shock for fans. In terms of your thought process there, what was the purpose of it? How did it drive the story?

It serves multiple functions. When Damon shows up in the pilot, he knows a lot about Elena, so there's always been a question about where he's been and what he was up to. How did he know all this? He clearly didn't just walk into Mystic Falls with his crow. He's been around too. We always said that one day we'd find out what he's been doing. It was us wanting to give Damon something to fight for. Ric is unbeatable, a jillion times stronger than Damon. Damon was a dead man, and Ric was relishing beating him, and Damon had nothing left to live for, having been passed over once again. It was just that slight little thing that she said to him, when she was just trying to take the sting off: "Hey, maybe if you and I had met first." She was just trying to soften the blow. But in reality, he had this memory that gave him the will to fight back. I love that moment, where Ric's about to drive the stake into him, and he's like "You know what? I'm not ready to die today."

Bonnie took charge in this episode, helping Klaus into Tyler's body. Was that a function of her being tired of being kicked around all season, or was it the influence of the dark magic she tapped into for the spell last week?

It's definitely a result of being kicked around all season. It's Bonnie saying, "I'm not the pawn anymore. Don't underestimate me and don't tell me what to do." I think the witches sending her to Alaric really burned her, because she'd already been fighting to get her strength against the vampires, and then her own "sisters," as they said, betrayed her. For Bonnie, this is like "Hey, look. I've got a point of view, I've got the ability to do something about it, and damn it, I'm going to do it." To tap into that kind of power she had to dig even deeper into her darkness. In the first episode back, I can't imagine that we won't be looking for some kind of magic to prevent Elena from having to transition. It'll be a question of how far Bonnie is willing to go to help her friend, and what are the repercussions and consequences attached to that.

Does Klaus owe Bonnie one now? Or does he never owe anyone anything?

I think that this definitely changes the dynamic between Klaus and Bonnie a little bit. 

When "Tyler" was saying goodbye to Caroline and talking about her beautiful future, was he already Klaus, at that point?

Yeah. We definitely were hinting at that with the "you're beautiful and you'll have a great future" line. That was a classic Klaus-Caroline line, so we wanted to give a little hint there. All that smooching and all that emotion wasn't Tyler at all, in fact, was Klaus. 

We didn't see Klaus's body turn to ash, so I assume there's some plan in place to keep Joseph Morgan in the mix.

Yep. I'd say there's a fairly significant chance, if not a 99.9% likelihood that body did not burn up in that coffin.

Before we see him return to that body, is he going to have a little fun being Tyler?

Yep. He's definitely going to prolong his stay, at least in the first episode, due to circumstance. Whatever goes down between Caroline and "Tyler" in the first episode will actually be happening between Caroline and Klaus, so we'll have some fun there.

I know you said Stefan and Elena will definitely make a go of being in a relationship again, but outside of that, where is Stefan's head right now? How is he looking at the choices that he made? He looked absolutely wrecked in that final scene.

He was destroyed for so many reasons. Meredith had already broken the news to him, so in that moment of lying over Elena's body, he was mourning her as a human and realizing that ultimately he was unable to save her from the one thing she never wanted, which was to be a vampire. That's going to weigh on him really heavily and it's going to piss Damon off like nobody's business, that Stefan saved Matt instead of Elena. Stefan had a big burden in that moment and what he had to do was be true to Elena. It's like choosing to take someone off life support because it was their wish or to keep them on because you can't let them go. It was what she wanted, and Stefan, if nothing else, has always been able to let her make her decision. If, as a vampire, she starts to make the wrong decisions, then we'll see a shift in Stefan and how he feels about helping Elena through things. I think we'll start to get a glimpse at the different sides of Stefan in a relationship, where it's not going to be all peaches and cream and love and unconditional, unwavering support of Elena's decision. Elena is no longer Elena.

Would you say that the love triangle will be stronger than ever next season?

Yes. I say that at my own peril, but yes. People can get frustrated by the love triangle, people can find it grating or whatever, but the premise of the show is two vampire brothers and their love for the same girl. That's where we started and it's always going to exist in the landscape of "The Vampire Diaries." Some years it'll be more in the forefront than other years, when it's delicately laid in the background. Elena becoming a vampire will make it fresh. It changes things, and makes us ask new questions. It makes things a lot deeper. It's all part of this process of growing up. As our characters are working toward graduation and all kinds of life decisions -- do I go to college, do I leave my hometown, is my high school boyfriend going to be my college boyfriend -- all those life things, it's all going to be supported where Elena is with Damon and Stefan.

Stay tuned to Zap2it for lots more "Vampire Diaries" fun all summer as we lead up to Season 4!

Edited by sonu.p - 12 May 2012 at 9:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

penguin143 Senior Member

Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:58am | IP Logged

What Julie Plec said in the Interview with Entertainment Weekly:

1.Elena will complete the transition.
2.Matt does survive the car accident.
3.Damon would have saved Elena first.
4.The Salvatore brothers will not be as close as they were in season 3 because of what happened to Elena.
5.Elena will remember everything that Damon said to her & compelled her to forget it.
6.Stefan and Elena will be together "as a couple" for a little while.
7.The magic that Bonnie did with Klaus is the same as the magic that was able to put Klaus into Alaric's body and Esther into Rebekah's.
8.Klaus's body was not 100% burned, so Jomo will probably be appearing in season 4 "not in flashbacks".
9.Damon, Stefan, and Caroline's all come from Klaus's bloodline.
10.Tyler will survive.
11.Caroline is going to be pissed at Klaus, who is doing some and will continue to do some subterfuge as far as who he's pretending to be inside of Tyler's body.
12.The focus of the first episode will be about the council members who now know what Caroline and Tyler really are.
13.We will be introduced to new interesting council members.
14.Bonnie will get a BIG storyline in season 4.
15.The Originals, Tyler and Caroline, whichever Salvatores will NOT be leaving town after what happened to Elena.
16.Everyone will be hating Rebekah after what she did, Including Klaus.
17.Elijah will be sticking around but not as a regular.
18.There will be a new villain.

Edited by penguin143 - 14 May 2012 at 1:52am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top