Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivani39 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

General

• This is the last episode the Season 3's final part: The Bloodline Chapter.
  • This episode will feature flashbacks to the night the Gilbert's car drove offWickery Bridge and Elena's parents were killed.
  • This episode has the flashback closer to the present (Months before thePilot).
  • Veiwers will find out who is behind The Darkness in this episode. Here*^

Continuity

Behind the Scenes

• The Departed is the title of the 2006 Academy Award-winning American action thriller film directed by Martin Scorsese.
  • Elena will finally make a choice between Damon and Stefan.
  • Lana Del Ray's song Blue Jeans will be featured in flashbacks.[citation needed]
  • Filming began on March 23, and ended on April 2.[1]
  • According to Nina Dobrev a few people will die in this episode.
  • The title refers to all those who Elena has lost over the years, starting with her parents and continuing through Aunt Jenna.
  • A new pseudo villain will be introduced in this episode. [2]
  • Joseph Morgan has claimed that the Season 3 finale will be "epic".
  • Candice Accola recently admitted that she cried reading the script for the finale.
  • This episode will have an underwater scene, featuring Elena GilbertStefan SalvatoreMiranda Sommers-Gilbert and Grayson Gilbert.
  • We will see Damon telling Elena the first time he laid eyes on her knowing she wasnt Katherine.
  • According to Ian Somerhalder (in a Spoiler Chat Daily article), we can expect some Delena goodness in the season finale and we will also see how much Damon really cares about Elena.
  • According to TV Guide, Ian Somerhalder has said, "What's interesting about what's happening right now is the dynamic between the brothers. They are starting to really bond. A tease about the episode coming up is really about these brothers overcoming their disdain for each other and ultimately realizing that family is really embedded into the fabric of who we are and if you can connect with that it's really powerful."
  • In an interview, Joseph Morgan said that the season 3 finale will shed some light on past events that happened in season 1, and Ian Somerhalder said something happens between Damon and Elena that he never thought of as Damon[3]
  • There will be a massive, unexpected death in this episode.
  • When he spoke to TV Guide, he spilled that Damon and Elena (Nina Dobrev) are going to share a moment in the finale. "It's ridiculously emotional … [the] scene with Damon and Elena and it was a very, very introspective scene that brought me back to the beginning of the show." Co-star Joseph Morgan (Klaus) thinks viewers will get a sense of dj vu as well, saying certain aspects of the episode will "shed some light on events that go way back to the beginning of the first season."
  • Joseph Morgan said that the last 20 seconds of the finale with leave fans with their hearts in their mouth, and they will be wishing time will fast forward to season 4. He also said that there is so much shock, that the finale will change the world of The Vampire Diaries forever.http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/04/10-spoilers-a-vampire-diaries-cliffhanger---a-james-van-der-beek-kiss-in-apartment-23---and-more.html
  • Julie Plec said we will finally see who is behind The Darkness.
  • Stefan brings in an old ally.
  • According to TVLine, executive producer Julie Plec has said "confusion" is "the key word...for Elena." She needs to figure out what she feels for each of them, and spending time with one and then the other does seem to be a pretty good way for her to do that. This is all leading up to her making a choice, and Plec says "the big thing with her choice is she's not the one in complete control of it." This is "really a decision about what does love mean to me and to us and where are we supposed to be in our lives with each other." It does seem about time for her to make that decision, and considering everything that's happened between her and each vampire, it would be surprising if she wasn't confused. What will her decision mean for everyone in season 4?
  • According to TV Guide, Stefan and Damon are going to be trying to figure out how "to contain Klaus" since they can't exactly just kill him. They don't know if killing him would lead to their deaths since Kol killed the vampire who could at least give them a clue as to which bloodline they're part of. Besides, they already know that killing Klaus would definitely kill Tyler, but as Caroline had told Tyler, Damon didn't exactly care about that if he had found out he wasn't in the hybrid's bloodline. At least now it's looking like it's likely that Tyler will be safe, unless they get new information.

InterviewEdit

Julie Plec: The season finale β€” which will feature a flashback to the car accident that killed Elena's parents, when Stefan first saw her and rescued her from the water below Wickery Bridge β€” will find Elena making a decision about her feelings for the Salvatore Brothers. "It will not be easy. It will be very emotional for both sides because it's going to be a very honest, very pure, very difficult decision. Hopefully if we've done our jobs right with Elena's character over the season, we'll understand why she's making the decision that she's making and how that decision is meant to be right for where she is in her life right now." Did Plec cry writing the finale? "I cried many, many times. I haven't seen it yet. I have no idea if that ended up on the screen. I don't want to brag," she laughs. "But it was a very, very emotional experience writing the finale, for a lot of reasons, one of which has already been talked about in the press. We do flashback to a time when Elena's parents were still alive and when she was a cheerleader dating Matt, the football player, and before Bonnie knew she was a witch and thought she was just uncannily psychically available to predict fashion trends. It's just a really poignant, sweet and bittersweet reflection back to a time when life was so much simpler for all of our humans and former humans. I hope it turns out as well as we want it to because it's a really special episode."

Vampire Diaries Season 3 Finale KissEdit

"The Departed" will also feature "an important kiss." Now, it's already been revealed that Elena will be making her decision about her feelings for Damon and Stefan. Will the kiss be between her and the one she's chosen? Could it be between Elena and the vampire she hasn't chosen as a goodbye?

It could always not even be between Elena and someone. It could be between Caroline and Tyler. After all, Tyler's future is uncertain if Damon ever finds out their bloodline doesn't trace back to Klaus and it's possible there could be a heartbreaking goodbye kiss if Tyler faces the possibility of death that way. The official description for theseason 3 finale does say, "Caroline and Tyler are forced to make a life-changing decision." Could it be the end of their relationship?

Perhaps something happens again between Jeremy and Bonnie. Jeremy's back in town now, and though she's going to the dance with Jamie, the promo for episode 20, "Do Not Go Gentle," does show him in danger from Klaus. According to the episode synopsis for "The Departed," Jeremy is going to do something in his quest to keep Elena safe and Bonnie's going to make "a secret deal that has heartbreaking consequences." Could something happen to one of them that leads to another kiss between the two?

sonu.p thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x21 - Before Sunset [HD]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUG_2vOwWaMGvlPJHVbNGrdw&v=sKOl-RJp1lY[/YOUTUBE]
sonu.p thumbnail

The Vampire Diaries Canadian Promo 3x21 - Before Sunset

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UOYnmfeb6dI[/YOUTUBE]
safeplacetoland thumbnail
As each new villain comes, the old villain befriends the gang. πŸ˜ƒ BUT ALARIC.
sonu.p thumbnail
APRIL 26, 2012 06:00 PM PDT

Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Tonight's Big Cliffhanger and What's Next!

The Vampire Diaries inched nerve-wrackingly closer to its big Season 3 finish with tonight's episode, in which Esther attempted to remake Alaric's dark alter ego into the ultimate vampire killer by turning him into the thing he hates the most ' a vampire! When he came to as his normal self, Elena and Jeremy's only remaining pseudo-guardian chose not to complete the transition, which led to a poignant, beautifully-staged scene featuring all the characters paying their respects to him. But Bonnie's "sisters" on the other side had different plans and got her to feed him her blood, giving us Alaric the Vampire Vampire Slayer.

Below, executive producer Julie Plec and the cast answer your burning questions about the episode and tease what the future holds for Alaric, Elena, Jeremy, Tyler and the rest of the gang.

What's next for Alaric? |"He's very clearly a badass vampire killer with a pretty magnificent, deadly and unburnable stake, so I definitely think he's going to be a conflict provider," says Plec. "He's going to be pretty hardcore, which is going to be equally exciting and devastating." His quest to kill the Originals kicks off in next week's episode with "Alaric in the high school where Caroline and Rebekah are having a little post-dance clean-up. ' It's a very extreme, hardcore episode of Alaric on a tear, and no one is safe." Uh oh, should we be preparing ourselves for more deaths? Over the next two episodes, there will be "a lot" of characters whose fate will be murky. "You're not going to be sure if they're going to make it to Season 4," is all Plec would say.

Was Bonnie possessed? | "She was very clearly under some sort of witchy influence," says Plec. But the bigger concern for Ms. B. will be having yet another group of people bossing her around. She'll start to ask herself, "'Where's my free will? And where's my choice?' That's going to impact her character moving forward," teases Plec.

Will Jeremy avoid the dark side? | Now that we know Alaric was being molded into a killer by Esther every time he crossed over, Elena's brother is a little bit safer from meeting the same fate. "The stakes of death and resuscitation are possibly not as intense for Jeremy as they were for Alaric because he had something happen [to him] on the other side," explains Plec. "But there's still always going to be a concern of consequences for cheating death one too many times. It might just not come in the form of a Jekyll and Hyde alter ego." And as Jeremy hinted when he replied, "When my sister stops hanging out with vampires, I'll take it off," the magical piece of jewelry is not going anywhere. "The ring's going to stay in play for a while," confirms the EP.

Is Elena leaning toward choosing Stefan? |Losing yet another loved one will only make Elena's decision between her ex and his brother, Damon, more difficult. "How do you choose in a moment like that?" muses Plec. "The last two episodes of the season are really going to be about her asking herself that question and really trying to understand how she could possibly let one of them go when she's already lost so much." But when she does finally make her pick, "It will effect everything."

Did Tyler break the sire bond or not? | A hint might be found in the following quote from his portrayer Michael Trevino: "In these last two episodes, if not next week's episode, we might see him actually take some action against Klaus and maybe not follow his orders when it comes to Caroline." Meanwhile, his sire will do something heroic and then naturally follow it up with something absolutely heinous.

Will Matt ever love again? | After losing Elena and Caroline ' and being warned to stay away from Elena ' will Matt ever catch a break in the romance department? Maybe with Original vamp Rebekah? Teases Plec: "Should he be so lucky to survive Season 3" and "should Rebekah be so lucky to survive Season 3, there's a little crush brewing on her side there, so maybe there's some story there to tell."

Edited by sonu.p - 12 years ago
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Kol might die. Maybe Rebekkah too. I doubt Klaus and Elijah will though. Kat wont die so easily. :/ 

Esther should stop being such an, umm what do I call it? I don't know actually.

sonu.p thumbnail

The Vampire Diaries Webclip 3x21 - Before Sunset

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUG_2vOwWaMGvlPJHVbNGrdw&feature=player_detailpage&v=VtuBgjKiaoA[/YOUTUBE]
.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
cant w8 for the next epi! its gonna be thrilling!
.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The Vampire Diaries Julie Plec and a few of her stellar cast spoiled to Zap2it about last night's game changing episode and what the rest of season 3 has to offer. Plec revealed Original Alaric's future, the emotionally moving group funeral scene deets and all the spoilery goodness to come as The Vampire Diaries makes it's high octane run to their season 3 finale May 10th. Plus, a push into season 4 with "The Departed".
Original Alaric

"He's pretty clearly a badass vampire killer with a pretty magnificent, deadly, and unburnable stake," executive producer Julie Plec says. "I definitely think he's going to be a conflict-provider; not to make it an understatement. He's not going to be the friendliest version of Alaric we've ever met. He's pretty hardcore, which is going to be equally exciting and devastating, because he's one of our heroes who is no longer one of our heroes."

The group funeral scene.

"I love those scenes, I really do," Michael Trevino says. "Even when there's scenes with that many people with dialogue, it's just awesome to be on, because we barely are [in scenes all together]. We just see each other in hair and makeup or in our dressing rooms. That was very emotional."

"You could feel it," adds Zach Roerig. "You could really feel it."

"That one scene was the most important scene in the entire episode for me," Plec says. She tells us that the producers in Atlanta wanted it cut, because it had no dialogue, but required a lot of money and work (and some acrobatic scheduling) to get everyone into play. "I don't do this very often, where I pitch the 'I'm the boss; shut up' fit, but I was just like, 'Guys, I'm telling you, this is the heart and soul of this episode, and one of the heart and soul moments of the season, and it's going to stand, so figure it out.' And they did. They always do."

What the rest of season 3 holds and looking forward to season 4.

1. No one is safe. Plec added "if they're lucky enough to survive the season" when discussing the future of every single character.

2. Meredith isn't going to disappear just because Alaric is gone. "I think that every town needs a nice pretty doctor, and Damon might need a new drinking buddy," Plec says. In the books, Meredith and Elena were close, so there's potential there, too. "I do think that as a caretaker and as a compassionate human being, she and Elena will probably have a bond that could develop into a nice friendship."

3. We will discover which Original sired "Scary Mary" and is thus the bloodline ancestor of the Salvatores, Katherine, and Caroline.

4. Expect some fireworks between Tyler and Klaus when Tyler reveals that the sire bond is broken. "Tyler finally sticks up for himself," says Michael Trevino. "He's tired of getting bitched around and he acts on it. It gets messy."

5. Last season, the big sacrifice happened in Episode 21, and the season finale was about emotional fall-out. This year, the action continues straight on through to the end. "Our story path kept us going at high-octane all the way to the end," says Plec. "Definitely I would say the penultimate is very, very adrenaline-infused. There are some big mythology moves that happen and it's a pretty big deal, whereas the finale is definitely more emotional, but it is by no means the epilogue to the season. It's half closing the door to one season and half blowing the lid off the next."

6. Stefan and Damon will continue to grow closer to each other even as Elena makes her choice between them. "They will get stronger instead of weaker as brothers in spite of this looming conflict, this looming decision," Plec says. "There's a really nice scene in next week's episode that shows that they might just survive this no matter how it plays out, and that when all is said and done… bros before hos. The cliche is that the girl tears them apart, so how can we let the girl bring them even closer together?"

7. Having lost Alaric, Elena will have even more trouble choosing between the brothers. She feels she's choosing which one of them to let go, not which one of them to hold onto. "She has no one, and she's lost everyone that ever mattered to her β€” almost everyone β€” and how do you choose, in a moment like that?" Plec says. "For the last two episodes of the season, the fall out is going to be about her asking herself that question and really trying to understand how she could possibly let one of them go when she's already lost so much."

8. Season 4 will chronicle the second half of the kids' senior year, so in addition to our usual vampire adventures, they'll be making choices about college and moving on from Mystic Falls. Though Plec tells us they won't all go to "Mystic University," she reminds us that Jenna attended school nearby, so there is a college within a reasonable distance.

9. Even though Esther was manipulating Alaric on the other side every time he died, that doesn't mean that Jeremy is now safe from his ring. "There's always going to be a concern of consequences for cheating death one too many times," Plec says. "The ring's going to stay in play for a while, because ultimately it's that coin toss of 'I can't be in the fray, fighting the good fight, if I can be killed, so you roll the dice.'"

10. Our girl Katherine will not return to Mystic Falls until Klaus is dead. Period.