Debate Mansion

What we learn from Ekta Kapoor’s SOAPS

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

kushialwayskush

kushialwayskush

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 8:40am | IP Logged

What I want my little sister to learn from Ekta Kapoor's Soaps

No matter what everyone else says about Ekta Kapoor, I think she is a great person and is worthy of praise for what she has done for Indian society throughout the world.  Her soaps not just superficial entertainment - they in fact comprise of important lessons in science, psychology, sociology and Indian culture.   Her soaps are educating millions of Indians all over the world every single day.  And for that I think Ekta and everyone involved in Balaji's creative team deserves a hand.

I have actually put my little sister on a strict regiment of Balaji's soaps.  I am hoping that 2 hours every day will be enough for her to learn the lessons to equip her for life.  Here are some of the things I hope she will internalize.  I am sure she will thank me one day for this.

* There is no poverty in society.
Every body lives in big mansions and has luxury cars. Women are always clad in expensive sarees and men in suits.  200 crore rupees is just pocket change.  So when someone asks you for a donation, they are just trying to dupe you into thinking that poor people exist.

* Aging: What's that?
You will not age a single bit after 25. I know this is hard to believe but it is fact.  Your children will grow up but don't worry; you will not get another wrinkle.  Aging is just a marketing ploy by companies so that you can buy their creams and pills.

* You can never get rid of an ex
No matter how many other boyfriends or husbands you have had after your break up, your ex will always turn up in your life.  Especially if you had a theme song together, you will definitely get back together some day.

* Schemes and conspiracies are everywhere.
You should not trust anyone, because everyone is scheming and is up to no good.  If your best friend does not return your call, he has either been kidnapped or is dead, or is planning your kidnapping or death.

* Death is not permanent
Just because a person is dead does not mean that the person is gone.  The person can come back in a few weeks, or in a few years.  Even if your best friend's scheme to kill you works, don't worry, there is plenty of time for you to come back with a vengeance.

* Cheat on your wife
No self-respecting man can have only one woman at one time.  Cheat on your wife.  Even if you don't, you wife is going to suspect you of cheating on her anyway and nag you about it. So, why take the pain without any gain?

Wouldn't you all agree that these are valuable lessons that every child should learn?  I think Balaji Telefilms should consider setting up an Ekta Kapoor School of Thought.  I would definitely donate my 200 crores to it.

**Modrators pls do not swear in a post**

Edited by samie - 03 January 2006 at 1:53pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What we learn from Ekta Kapoor’s SOAPS" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kittuu_remix

Groupbie

kittuu_remix

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged
We learn the foll things:-
- dont marry only oncce(Anurag, Prerna, Kashish)!
- Never trust ur best freiend, he/she might have their eyes on ur partner( nandini-karan-tanya)
- no need to go to the spa to keep yourself young bcoz in ektas serial u'll always be young

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 9:46am | IP Logged
we learn...

marry thrice or more than that..
have extra marital affairs...
any diseases can be cured by emotions...
always dress up even when u sleep....
always keep ur make up on...
murder ur son if he crosses the unlimited limit...
Wink

Mommytobe

IF-Dazzler

Mommytobe

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 9:54am | IP Logged
wonderful observation, quite funny..
thanks

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 11:38am | IP Logged
kushialwayskush, that was a funny post. Its quite true, all that you say, I get bugged most often about lost and found babies like they are your cordless phone or something.

I dont know how many people think it will be a similar journey for them in their real life adventures but I think they just watch for fun. I think its just entertainment on TV for cheaper. Hindi movies can be equally mind boggling in their screenplay or storytelling unless they are ripped from other filmdoms. So nowadays unless the reviews are earth shatteringly great I dont step out to watch a movie.

I do give credit to Ekta for creating a huge business however that might have been, employing artists and others.

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
hi guys
i am gonna close this topic as it is not debate related so pls post topics which have a sensible debatin mode
thanx
dev team

Post Reply New Post

Go to top