CW Channel

CW Channel
CW Channel

Gossip Girl Season 4, Ep20 Full Recap & video

sui007 Senior Member

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Gossip Girl Season 4, Ep20 Full Recap & video
The Princess and the Frog

Blair is dashing after her French Prince of Bel Air. His parents just don't understand. Serena is wandering about the city, wishing for her lonely Brooklyn boy to come back. Again. Nate the dashing has become Lord Slackity, because we cannot figure out what the heck he is doing with his life except sleeping with Chuck's castoffs. And Chuck stands alone. Even Gossip Girl seems to have mostly fled the premises for more interesting waters, like high school.  Blair is being super needy girl with the prince. Serena is annoyed that Blair is happy and annoyed that Blair kissed Dan and found it boring. Rufus is hip to his groovy music again. Dan is hanging out with Serena's cousin, Charlie. They go to a bookstore and Charlie kisses Dan on the cheek. Shock! Shock and horror! Of course, courtesan Vanessa, she of the amazing circumstances world, is in the same bookstore at the same time. Although Dan banned her, again, last episode. Vanessa tells Charlie she wants Dan to ""be with a girl who doesn't corrupt his soul."  Turns out the French Prince is actually supposed to be married to someone else, and Serena is the one who arranges to out him. Blair makes her maid massage her patterned stocking feet in revenge. The prince shows up with pink peonies, which are actually my favorite flower. He knew! Tomorrow night, at a ball, the prince has to choose between 10 girls and he wants Blair to be one of the chosen.  Blair tries to schmooze the French Prince's mom, but somehow the mom seems to know all of Blair's evil history (thanks Serena!) Blair swears she's all grown up. The prince brings her a really ugly pink dress for the ball, and shoes she can't walk in at all. Where are the birds to sew you a gown when you need one?  Chuck is still wearing a robe and tells Nate not to let his ex-girlfriend, now Nate's lover, who is so boring we don't care about her name, search for her mother. The girl's mother was having an affair with Chuck's father. And then she was killed in a mysterious fire at the Bass factory. Chuck is in serious drunky trouble, as evidenced by the fact that he has stubble. Chuck is crashing the embassy/engagement party.  Rufus is trying to be cool music dude again, with an 80s leather jacket and Doc Martens. He's hosting a little get-together at the loft, where Lily can't go by the way. Charlie tries to make a little party, but she makes coq au vin instead of deep dish pizza.  She blames Vanessa for steering her the wrong way and portrays herself as the damsel in distress.  Chuck confronts Blair at the ball. He's all drunk and tells Blair to choose him. There's lots of public humiliation. Blair tells Serena she's moved past Chuck (wasn't she sure he was the one a couple weeks ago after kissing Dan?) and really feels happy with the prince.  The prince hears her and gives her a big giant ring and proposes.  Just a random thought – is ANYONE in school anymore?  Blair confronts Chuck, who is still drunky. He tells her he really needs her because his whole life is falling apart. Maybe he could find that French girl again. Maybe the French girl is secretly the French prince's girl. Blair tells Chuck the prince asked her to marry him. He smashes a piece of glass. Nate hears the fight and chooses his girlfriend, who at that very moment, is calling Chuck's cousin for more diabolical planning. Dark, "Gossip Girl," dark!

P Recap...Shattered Bass

Just as Charlie is finally starting to fit in with Serena and her friends, things become complicated for her when she is invited to attend a Constance Billard alumni fundraiser. Meanwhile, Blair begins to find herself torn between the men in her life. Jack Bass returns to the Upper East Side and yet again wreaks havoc in ways that could end up being devastating for Chuck.

Episode 20 . Video  

Perfangel5655 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Chuck is very interesting for a character but still disgusting. Drunk or not he is gross. He tried to force himself on Serena, and Jenny before and this time he tried it with Blair. I am glad Nate was also disgusted by him. I have always watched this show for Blair. But if Blair ever goes back to him I will really lose all respect for her.

The Nate and Raina stuff really is boring. If they want viewers to actually care about this storyline they should give it real depth and make these scenes longer. I guess now that Raina knows and she is inviting Jack the real drama will start.

Serena annoyed me. I am glad Blair told her off. Serena makes little sense to me. Because on a whole I guess she is suppose to be the better character, the good person, but Blair has more loyalty than her. The same girl who slept with the love of Blair's life got mad at Blair for secretly being friends with her "ex boyfriend" and tried to take revenge.

Charlie is nuts. I hope Dan doesn't sleep with her.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top