Guddu Looking For His Place - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
i came back to post my response, but wafah and gardes seemed to have written it pefectly :) good job guys...
i agree with guddu wanting to be accepted by runjhun, and runjhun is not thinking past her amma...really interested to see it all unfold...
great post and i think you are right
Lmao, I'm too tired to quote and individually respond...

Though @jpalagrawal, just wanted to say great thread and also, Amma is Runjhun's nani not Dadi.  Lol, I got confused when I first read your post πŸ˜†

First off people, WHEN DID RUNJHUN BECOME PUBLIC ENEMY #1??? LOL!  You guys cracked me up, one episode, and Runjhun is getting killed.

I have been thinking about Guddu's hakk (right) over Runjhun for a while - every since that scene that he placed her hand on his head and asked her to swear and then said what right do I have on you, swear on your Amma, etc.  After that realization, he seemed to pull back from Runjhun, but he's said some things that jpalagrawal mentioned in the first post that reference how Runjhun views him vs. others. 

I loved Guddu today - he was so soft spoken to Runjhun and Amma.  He listened to the gundas and then beat the crap out of them.  He looked upset after the fight and it seemed like he knew he has messed and he kept glancing at Runjhun.  Yes, he knew she would be upset.  But she didn't say a word until he made her.  I'm not sure how that's Runjhun's fault, lol she was avoiding a fight.  I liked Guddu's argument with her to bring things out in the open - he wanted to hear what she had to say regardless of whether she wanted to say it or not.  Yes, Guddu was upset, but excuse me Gudduji, what about your feelings for your Amma?  Doesn't she always come first?  So why is it wrong if Runjhun's Amma comes first for her?  That is a such double standard - if Guddu had to pick between his mom and Runjhun it wouldn't even be a question. But Runjhun, oh nooo, it's the end of the freaking world if she's picking her Amma!!!!!!!!!

I think Runjhun had every right to be angry.  She worked hard to get the center up and running!! She's not really Sita!! It's just an expression!

I did like Guddu's line that she's doing all of this for her Amma, that he's not a machine, and he's human.  Runjhun said that she's not just doing this for her Amma and that she just wants Guddu to control his anger.  By letting his anger get out of hand, Guddu just made trouble for himself... no one else.  Runjhun has said this to him multiple times.  Today is not any different.

I feel like Runjhun would have reacted the same way whether Amma had seen everything or not.  Runjhun is upset due to Guddu's behavior and the comments everyone said afterward on who would come to this establishment (I'm going to address this in the written update thread and not here).

I did like the point someone made about Runjhun accepted her evil M&Ms but trying to change Guddu.  That's a valid point.  However, does Runjhun like her M&Ms?  I'm not sure.  I feel like the only real changes Runjhun is trying to get from Guddu is him to control his anger and to be respectful for her family.  Other than that, I'm not sure what other changes she wants.

Guddu needs to stop acting like a 2 year old and realize that Runjhun has every right to be upset when he makes mistakes.   Yes, he's right that she's doing this for her Amma.  So what?  You are not a catch, pal.  You have only gone 2 days without being mean to Runjhun and she's supposed to be doing everything for you?  I don't think so. 

I'm glad Guddu is looking for acceptance from Runjhun but he needs to do something to earn it first.

Lmao, and I still have to post in the written thread. 🀒🀒

PS:  Amma loves Runjhun and would die for her.  Guddu Shukla? Not so much.
Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago

I don't think he has a problem with Runjhun wanting to do everything for her Amma's happiness, I believe he admires her for that!

But, it starts to bother him that all what she is doing for the marriage is only for her Amma and not for him! I think that it also bothers him the fact that she wants to keep her marriage even if she dislikes him because she was told that she must respect her husband.

I know it may sound strange, but I think he is starting to be jelouse of himself or something like that...

I feel really bad for both Guddu & Runjhun.  W/Guddu it's sad that he thinks so negatively when it comes to the way she feels about him- this was quite evident in the episode where he beats up the goons in front of the mobile center but I can't really blame him for thinkin' this way.  I don't really know how Runjhun truly feels about how she treats him but she wasn't expecting him to lash out about all this (I'm referring to him lashing out on her right after his fight w/those goons in front of the mobile center).  She may not have thought at all about whatever he told her in that episode about the way she has been treating him.  Guddu seems to want more than what he has been getting from her & the first thing to come to my mind after reading your post is love.  He loves her but it seems like he doesn't see her love for him and it's understandable that he's not seein' it & how she doesn't care about his happiness.  I feel that she does love him at least a liitle bit but maybe she hasn't recognized these feelings & until she does recognize these feelings, she will maybe have a hard time expressing herself in the more passionate, loving sense towards him.  It might end up being her love for him that will change how she treats him later on in the show regardless of how much he has changed.  What gets to me is that on that episode, she tells him after he beats up those guys that amma was happy.  She didn't mention herself being happy.  Anyways, when she mentioned this, this really set Guddu off.  It's right after she mentioned this that Guddu said that she is worried about amma's happiness but she doesn't care whether or not he is happy.  Maybe if she had mentioned her being happy instead of just mentioning that her amma is happy then it would have been more obvious to him that she cares about his happiness.  Although I don't blame Guddu for sayin' whatever he said to Runjun today, but the way she has been treating him, mainly doing her duty in the way she feels comfortable, it's understandable.  She never had a relationship w/him before she married him.  He gave her quite a bit of crap before they got married & she even ended up experiencing trauma. (I'm thinkin' of when he first touched her)  She didn't willingly marry him (well, we know how this happened) & he didn't treat her too well after they got married.  In fact it was only since the temple episode (right after their suaag raat) onwards when I saw his behavior towards her showing more improvement- he ended up being more sweet towards her (buying her a sari & flowers, going to the temple w/her & participating in the ritual, etc.) 

She needs to stop seeing things from the eyes of Amma and see them with her own...and then maybe she will actually be able to see Guddu for who he is...first she has to realize it within herself and then she will be able to see Guddu for himself...and as JPal said she knows that he isn't all that bad...and when she can openly go against him when he speaks against her mama and mamis and never berate them for their actions, she is constantly pointing out his bad deeds...she's most unforgivable towards him, and he seeks most approval from her, rather than anyone else...

~ A great analyzation Wafah!  It would be nice if she makes it more obvious that she truly does care about his happiness & eventually becomes more affectionate towards him & says more positive things about him to him.  His face just lit up when she mentioned that he looked handsome.  It was so cute.  I'm waiting for the day when when at least one of them confesses their love to the other & they hug eachother passionately.  This will be an epic scene & when I imagined this scene in my head a few days ago, tears welled up in my eyes & I thought to myself I just may start crying when I end up seein' this scene on the show!  

Guddu's mom, Lata would like to have a grandkid real soon (I think she said soon, correct me if I'm wrong) but baby Gunjika (I prefer they end up having a daughter) really can wait because Guddu & Runjhun should work on their relationship & understand eachother better & end up feeling like they are very much in love with eachother.  Now is definately not the best time in their marriage to bring a baby into this world & I wonder if they both forgot about what Lata said about wanting to see her grandchild soon because they haven't been thinkin' or talkin' about having a baby, (they might have thought at least a little bit about it the day of the suhaag raat & the 2 episodes where a grandchild was mentioned) & I don't really blame them for not thinking much or talking much about it.  I seriously am not that onto having a kid until like 2 to 3 years after marriage.  I feel it would be nice for me to have some time after the marriage w/just me & my hubby even if our relationship is already on good terms.  I have been workin' on this reply for days & I don't really think I need to add more to it for nowπŸ˜† but feel free to comment on it.

Edited by edabella - 12 years ago
Originally posted by rani2007

First off people, WHEN DID RUNJHUN BECOME PUBLIC ENEMY #1??? LOL!  You guys cracked me up, one episode, and Runjhun is getting killed.

LOL I missed this...Rani who made Runjhun PUBLIC ENEMY #1 πŸ˜† Who is out to kill Runjhun? Guddu might just kill the killer of his dharampatni...

I think all of us can see that how Guddu and Runjhun use excuses to express their feelings for each other...and yes Runjhun would be upset whether Amma had been or not. LOL You can't really fault either of them for what they do because in the end their intentions and heart is in the right place but since they've never expressed themselves in that manner neither of them are able to do it properly...

I think Guddu now does seem to place Runjhun before himself, if no one else...he didn't eat last night and he didn't eat the parathas before Runjhun took a bite of the samosas...I think both of them are handicapped when it comes to expressing emotions vocally...which is why you tend to feel bad for both of them place in their different situations because in a way they both are seeking something...and one day we hope they will find it in each other...

Originally posted by Wafah

LOL I missed this...Rani who made Runjhun PUBLIC ENEMY #1 πŸ˜† Who is out to kill Runjhun? Guddu might just kill the killer of his dharampatni...

I think all of us can see that how Guddu and Runjhun use excuses to express their feelings for each other...and yes Runjhun would be upset whether Amma had been or not. LOL You can't really fault either of them for what they do because in the end their intentions and heart is in the right place but since they've never expressed themselves in that manner neither of them are able to do it properly...

I think Guddu now does seem to place Runjhun before himself, if no one else...he didn't eat last night and he didn't eat the parathas before Runjhun took a bite of the samosas...I think both of them are handicapped when it comes to expressing emotions vocally...which is why you tend to feel bad for both of them place in their different situations because in a way they both are seeking something...and one day we hope they will find it in each other...

I was thinking about that as well.  After the Runjhun eats the samosa, it's almost like he thinks to himself, "wait if I eat one here then she won't eat as much, " so he leaves to go get ready and leaves her with extra food to eat.  It's almost strange to see his concern because he's not questioning it and just reacting to what he is feeling (fits his character, I suppose πŸ˜†). 
Originally posted by rani2007

I was thinking about that as well.  After the Runjhun eats the samosa, it's almost like he thinks to himself, "wait if I eat one here then she won't eat as much, " so he leaves to go get ready and leaves her with extra food to eat.  It's almost strange to see his concern because he's not questioning it and just reacting to what he is feeling (fits his character, I suppose πŸ˜†). 

Rani, to me I think Guddu responds more instinctively than anything else. His anger, his affection, his protectiveness, it's all very instinctive, hence there is no contemplation. Runjhun in a similar way responds instinctively on most but I think for her, she's used to controlling her emotions, and suppressing them at times. This is why there are times when she reacts instinctively to Guddu, almost like she doesn't realize it, and at times logic takes precedence and she pulls back. Which is also why I think Runjhun is more mindful of the challenge than Guddu is. Every good moment she has with Guddu or the successes, she reacts instinctively. Every drawback or setback, her logic kicks in and she regroups and she's back to the challenge.

She holds out her samosa...not that I think she wanted him to take her samosa, but yeah he was so relieved that she ate the samosa, that he could then go about and do the rest of the tasks that lay at hand. To him before anything else he wanted to do he wanted to make sure she ate. That took precedence, over anything else for the day. Things to do list, Item #1: Make Runjhun Eat

Also how was your samosa?πŸ˜† Since you didn't share...
I mentioned yesterday that Guddu never intended to NOT be involved in the mobile center, but like a typical male, he took the last stance.  Today, it did not take him long to capitulate to Runjhun that yes, he will mind the store with her.

Whoever is writing all this seems well-versed in marital push and pulls and gender roles.  They are written so effectively, directed as effectively and for neither leads to be married and play it out convincingly has to be admired the most!

Patterns in marriage in terms of communication, habits, etc. are established very early on and they pretty much stay the same.  For me, as a married woman, it is fun to watch how people in "arranged" marriages work out the differences when dating has not been introduced.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Originally posted by Wafah

Rani, to me I think Guddu responds more instinctively than anything else. His anger, his affection, his protectiveness, it's all very instinctive, hence there is no contemplation. Runjhun in a similar way responds instinctively on most but I think for her, she's used to controlling her emotions, and suppressing them at times. This is why there are times when she reacts instinctively to Guddu, almost like she doesn't realize it, and at times logic takes precedence and she pulls back. Which is also why I think Runjhun is more mindful of the challenge than Guddu is. Every good moment she has with Guddu or the successes, she reacts instinctively. Every drawback or setback, her logic kicks in and she regroups and she's back to the challenge.

She holds out her samosa...not that I think she wanted him to take her samosa, but yeah he was so relieved that she ate the samosa, that he could then go about and do the rest of the tasks that lay at hand. To him before anything else he wanted to do he wanted to make sure she ate. That took precedence, over anything else for the day. Things to do list, Item #1: Make Runjhun Eat

Also how was your samosa?πŸ˜† Since you didn't share...

@Bold: Great point.

For the samosa bit, after Runjhun hold the samosa in her hand, she motions to him to eat  because he also had a samosa in his hand and then he puts the samosa back.  He tells her to eat and that he'll be back.  I think that was his way of making sure she would eat a little more (with there being extra samosas).  I kind of love the fact that both of her fasts have been broken by Guddu handing her food to eat... first time was the mithai/prasaad (sweets) from the temple after he fakes coming back/being changed and then now he handed the samosa to her to eat.

I like that to do list. πŸ˜† I hope it always starts with Runjhun... only if it's positive though... if it's negative then may it be erased, lol.

Samosa is in the process of being heated up, lol, I got distracted.  Making some chai as well. 😊 Late night snack for meπŸ˜†...how about I send you some virtual chai and samosa?

**Sends virtual care package to Wafah**πŸ˜†

Btw, Wafah, doesn't it look like Himmanshoo needs a haircut overall now? Not just in the back πŸ˜†