Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Starz @ Dada Saheb Phalke Awards - Page 2

Xx_fehmida_xX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Mumbai, May 3 (IANS) From veteran actor Dharmendra to newcomer Ranveer Singh – quite a few actors from the Hindi film industry were honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards Tuesday.

The event was attended by Rani Mukerji, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha, Rekha and Asha Parekh, among others. However, Aamir Khan, who was supposed to attend the show, decided to skip it.

Dharmendra was bestowed with the Phalke Ratan, Asha Parekh received the legendary icon cine artist award, Rani got outstanding performance in the film award for 'No One Killed Jessica' and Priyanka received memorable performance award for '7 Khoon Maaf'.

'I felt really nice getting this award because this is an award from our industry. I'm very happy,' Asha Parekh told reporters here.

Echoing a similar stance, Rani said: 'This is my first award for 'Jessica…' and that too this award. So I'm very happy.'

Anushka was honoured for the excellent performance in the film 'Band Baaja Baarat' and her co-actor of the film got the best debut award.

'I'm truly elated and it's a very prestigious award because he is the visionary of the Indian film industry and to get such an honour at such a young age for me is extremely motivating and encouraging and I hope that whatever little I'm trying to do in the industry, if it makes even slightest of mark, it will make me happy,' said Anushka.

Added Ranveer: 'Quite clearly this is the most prestigious award that I've received till now. It's a very big day for me. Its amazing to be here and to be receiving this award.'

The best debutant award was bagged by Sonakshi Sinha for 'Dabangg' and Arbaaz Khan got the best debut producer award for the same film.

Veteran actor Dara Singh was also honoured with the senior most cine artist award.

While the men came dressed in suits, the actresses flaunted colourful saris.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Yay i'm so happy, PC deserved it, she worked her ass off fot that movie, GO PC, you rock girl. love you lots😳!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

-Anjaani- thumbnail
@San comment kar na!!!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I am glad she won...liked her performance in the film IMO and finally she is wearing a saree!!! I always wanted to see her in that colour she looks beautiful thanks for sharing😳
-Anjaani- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ruky786

I am glad she won...liked her performance in the film IMO and finally she is wearing a saree!!! I always wanted to see her in that colour she looks beautiful thanks for sharing😳

Thank you ruky, finally her work pays off, so talent still matters 😳
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Since this thread was opened first I have combined the other threads with this and moved the comments too...
-Anjaani- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Maddy-

Since this thread was opened first I have combined the other threads with this and moved the comments too...

OMG i  was searching  for my tread lol, i thought i was hallucinating that i posted pc being rewarded for skm😆
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LOL... 😆  .. Dont worry.. You were not hallucinating...

I did not want to lock the thread so I moved it here...
-Anjaani- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Maddy-

LOL... 😆  .. Dont worry.. You were not hallucinating...

I did not want to lock the thread so I moved it here...

Thank you Maddy😳
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It's weird that PC, Anu, and Sonaski are all wearing the same kind of color saris. Was that planned lol. I think Rani looks the best and than Sonaski. I love Sonaski's make up! Not too much, and it matches her skin tone!