Saahil Khan: "I'm frustrated"

Selina thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Saahil Khan: "I'm frustrated…"
MADHUREETA MUKHERJEE

INDIATIMES MOVIES

Is distance taking a toll on your marriage?
"Right now I'm feeling very frustrated. Just yesterday I had a bad argument with Negar; we both lost our heads over this issue. Guess it's all the pent up frustration that's acting on us now. She keeps asking me what I'm doing about bringing her back, and all I can tell her is that these issues take time to resolve. Everyone in Norway asks her what her Indian husband is doing, and she helpless looks for answers, just as I do."

Negar Khan's lawfully wedded husband, Saahil Khan fights back...

How do you plan to bring Negar back to India?
'It's been the most embarrassing experience of my life. Basically, I didn't want a lawyer, as it's not a crime we are dealing with here. But now I think I will have to get a lawyer for the case. Everyone is advising me to get a lawyer so that I can go with the documents to the Norwegian embassy and plead with them to accept. They can accept it or throw it back at me, but at least they will know that I've been there. We don't have the knowledge, power or intelligence to fight anyone and I am not here trying to prove anyone wrong or right. On humanitarian grounds at least, I hope they reconsider this. I don't want Negar or any other European to think that if you marry an Indian, this is what can happen to you."

Did Negar keep your marriage a secret to save her growing popularity?
"I don't think we kept our marriage a secret for stardom's sake. Today's stars live for themselves; most big stars are married or they are seeing someone. I had some serious family problems - I didn't have enough money to even rent an apartment in Mumbai, and hence after my first film, I went to London to live with my uncle. When director N. Chandra called me for the sequel to 'Style', I frankly told him that I have no place to live in the city. At that point, telling my family about Negar would just mean inviting trouble."

What attracted you to Negar?
"I think she has an amazing body and she's so gorgeous! Secondly, it's her attitude - Negar is not a materialistic girl; she is never in awe of anyone's status, be it a director, producer or politician. If a person has no humility, Negar has no respect for them. When she goes to a party, she meets so many biggies who find her interesting and are flattered by her. But then tell me why she fell in love with a low-profile man like me! I didn't show her a big Bollywood dream; I didn't show her my car, house or my Bollywood actor status to impress her. The high life and big money in the industry didn't lure her; she would often tell me that's she's seen enough of that in Australia, where she's spent years of her life studying. In Mumbai she's done it the hard way – she's lived in a two-bedroom rented apartment with me and traveled by rickshaws and cabs to show her pictures to producers."

She's touted as the hottest sex symbol in the industry - doesn't the husband in you feel possessive and insecure?
"No, I don't feel anything at all. If you ask Pamela Anderson's husband, he would react in the same way. Pamela might be the mother of two kids, but for every man in the world, she's a sex symbol. No husband can change that fact. Negar is so stunning that she can wear a khadi kurta at a party and still grab all the attention. I feel happy that she's been recognised as the hottest sex symbol in this generation."

We know Negar - the model-actress, sex-siren; tell us about Mrs. Negar Khan - the homemaker, the wife..
"Well, Negar is still very young - she's only 20 - so time and experience will teach her more about marriage. She's a loving and caring wife. But I don't know what kind of homemaker she will be, as we really didn't settle into our own home together. I'm hoping she'll come back and we'll build our home all over again."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

wat! they are married??   

btw thanx for the article

nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
who r they?...i cant see the picture!
Ibad thumbnail
Thnx 4 da article.............
         &nbs p;       What if Saahil didn't succeed to bring her back....will he go after her then 😆
Selina thumbnail
I don't think they are really married. They are just faking it to bring her back to India.
sarina_202 thumbnail

you never know though..

but i didn't think saahil khan would face this much hardship..moneywise i mean

Khushalay thumbnail

so much frustration...waqayee!!!

but i think they r married.