Mythological Masti

RS Ramayan - favourite scenes discussions (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Why does someone need Lola's permission to join in a discussion?Confused

Because she is our DT, & if she decides to move all these posts in another thread then we should not continue our discussions here. But if she wants to post its link in the diary thread of Ramayan & allow to continue this one as a separate thread (she said the same, I think), then we can discuss here. Anyway, the discussions will not be stopped, they will run freely either here or in another thread, as I told!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "RS Ramayan - favourite scenes discussions (Page 3)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
If you're for some reason waiting for me, Sema, maybe to know whether I'm merging the threads or not, you can go ahead and post here because I'm not. Bhavna's explanation of how we can differentiate between the two and still keep both active made perfect sense! So yeah go ahead and fill us in with whatever epi you want to describe, we will thoroughly enjoy!

Really happy that Bharat Milaap was brought up as this track means SOOO much to me... my beliefs about love and devotion have all developed around that line which Shri Ram says, "Prem kiya hai to bin mol bik jaao" Day Dreaming Every single dialogue, every single expression in this track bears its own lesson. I love it enough to write a whole book on it, ek post kya hai... maybe after Thursday that will be one of my projects, a "Lessons from Bharat Milaap" thread, since there's so much material there! Bharat's humility when he arrives at Chitrakoot, Lakshman's deep remorse written on his face every minute after that, Shri Ram's and Sita Maiya's mercy towards Kaikeyi, Bharat's innocence in his conversations with Vashishtji and Kaushalya Mata, their selflessness and wisdom along with that of Raja Janak... a whole textbook on bhakti, these episodes are Day Dreaming

And ok - so I really shouldn't have taken any breaks in my studying today but I did, and as always I filled at least 10-15 minutes from Ramayan. Won't go into as much detail as I'd like to until after Thursday, but I saw the episode just before Hanumanji's flight (the latter being my most watched scene during childhood... Ram naam ke pankh lagaake, pahunch gaye Hanuman Party)... so it was like when the Vaanar Sena enters Swayamprabha's cave... I have set that baansuri tune as my alarm clock on my cell phone, it's so cute that I can't possibly be angry about waking up early LOL Anyway, it was just nice seeing the subtle humor in the episode, their light sarcasm as they are stressing out about how to cross the ocean... Jaambvantji's "haan bhai, tum bhi bolo" when they're all out of solutions and this one background guy chimes in as if he's got a great idea LOL And then his great idea turns out to be, "let's go hide in that cave again, free food!" LOL And then, Angad chides him for being such a chicken... love veer Angad! And of course Sampaati's "ek ek karke marna, bhai, mere kitne mahine kat jaayenge" sounds so shocking in a mytho, but that's what makes it so funny LOL Every time I watch Ramayan scenes, even if it's literally the millionth time, it seems I notice something new which I didn't notice before. This time it was Hanumanji's caring, fatherly behavior towards Angad when the latter brings up the idea of giving up his life and sending the rest of the Vaanars back to Kishkindha to give the bad news that they have no news. After Vaali's death, it is very rare that we get to see Hanumanji as anything but a devotee (and while in Lanka, a clever messenger). This is one small subtle instance where we see that even after you dedicate yourself to God, you don't have to act as if you're above and beyond the sorrows of others. It's a short but sweet moment. And with that I'll go back to studying, wish me luck guys and here's the episode for whoever else wants to enjoy it:

Edited by lola610 - 01 May 2011 at 9:17pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11visromChiinnu

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
in valmiki ramayana, there is no such scene of conflict between laxman and Parashuram. But it is there in many other Ramayanas. that scene is having a charm , since the contradiction between two short tempered heros are face to face.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaisiyaram

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged
As far as I know RS Ramayan was a mix of all the Ramayans and RS had taken the 'best' out of every version. This scene is a nice sweet scene, so RS decided to include this in the TV version.

ShivangBuch

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged
They did a reference about all and then made a mix of all that.

Another example is the Laxman Rekha, which is not there in valmiki Ramayana. 

ShivangBuch

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:58am | IP Logged

To tell you the truth the version of Ramayan that I know is Rs Ramayan. I have not read any of the Ramayans. This is the only version I know. I learnt about our great epics from the RS Ramayan and B R Mahabharat only.

There are a few deviations/disagreements. For eg...the explanation that Seeta had gone to the forest in Uttar Ramayan on her own will is debatable...my grandmother objected to it when it was shown. She said that Ram had sent Seeta without telling her why she's being sent.

RS Ramayan has shown that Ram was hesitant about sending Seeta away, and was withdrawing and going into a shell, so Seeta decided to find out the matter and came to know what the washerman had said. She took the initiative and reminded Ram that he shouldn't forget his duty, in a way showing that Lord Ram had wavered a bit.

RS Ramayan has sometimes taken other versions, so that viewers feelings are not hurt. If they had shown the original Valmiki version, in which according to my grandmother Ram had actually sent off Seeta without telling her, the sweet image of Ram on TV would have sort of maligned.

Otherwise there was no reason for this deviation from the popularly known version.

ShivangBuch

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Ok ... Some discussions going on and I'm stuck here on cell ... Will watch all those scenes and discuss in detail tomorrow as my final sems get over ... I'll really involve myself in the discussions here ...

Like Vis said ... Even for me the only version of Ramayan I know is RS one . my grandma herself has translated Ramayan in Telugu ... And I used to help her .. And so I did fond differences ... RS took the best from all versions and compiled it into a classic masterpiece indeed

ShivangBuch

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaisiyaram

I was just trying to remember an incidence where laxman was sleeping to defend Urmila''s sacrifice .. but i still feel laxman was sleeping as that's what the reason hanuman was awake and was keeping an eye .. maya must have played some rle but i think laxman and shri ram both were sleeping...

I just checked with an old Amar Chitra Katha in my house. This is the version there.

Hanuman was keeping vigil and the entire Vanara army along with Ram and Lakshman were inside a fortress made out of his tail. Mahiravana comes in the disguise of Vibhishan and enters. Somehow Hanuman is deceived. Then he does some kind of Maya and puts everyone to sleep, including Ram and Lakshman and he carries them off through an underground tunnel from inside the fortress. So, it is a Maya because of which Lakshman slept. Otherwise, I have never seen him sleep.

There was a scene immediately after our trio left for the forest. They meet Nishaad Raja Guha and spend the night near his village. Guha asks Lakshman to sleep and he says 'Nahin, hum nahin soyenge...'.  Here is the scene.

So, we can assume that he never slept...he was always standing guard. Neither did Urmila. 

Edited by visrom - 02 May 2011 at 8:07pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top