RS Ramayan - favourite scenes discussions - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Sema is right, I do love this thread ⭐️ I will be not only active but overactive in it after Thursday, the last of my final exams. As far as including it in another thread, I was actually going to put a note in the sequence-wise diary thread mentioning that it now welcomes discussions of any episode at random, just like this. Vis, would you like me to do that?
Well I think in the Diary thread we can discuss episode wise .. and in this just any favourite scene at random !!

For example ... I watch Ramayan daily ... now if I sudden;y see a scene which I would love to discuss ... I can do it here ... and alag se .. I'd love to share my experience of Ramayan watching from the starting ... so that thread for discussing each and every main moment ... so that thread for that ... let the 2 threads continue in parallel !!!

and yeah ... nice to know you'll be active here !!!! It'll be really great to discuss Ramayan with as many as possible !! I'll too be really active from wednesday !!!
I love ram-bharat milap scene a lot.. I want to upload that but it seems I am new and have restricted access to this forum .. can anyone upload that for me..
Now that you mentioned Bharat milap, I'll post one of my favourite Lakshman scenes just before that.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qddHLardaxU[/YOUTUBE].

Sunil ji was awesome in this. Look at his aggession. The way he rushes in with the wood, throws it down and rushes to take his bow and arrow. Ram and Sita remain silent and let him vent it all out. Finally Lakshman needed an Akashvani to stop him from fighting Bharat.

I also loved it when Lakshman says 'kahin Bharat ne aakraman kiya toh..???', Ram says 'toh use aakraman karne do, woh humare Raja hain, hum apne Raja par dhanush nahin uthate'.

He knows very well that Bharat would do no such thing, but he had to use another explanation for stopping Lakshman at that point. He wanted Lakshman to see the truth for himself and apologise directly to Bharat for having suspected him.

I completely agree with Lola. In fact I also watch RS Ramayan everyday & fall in love with all the scenes sooo much that can't resist myself from discussing them 😃 As the diary thread of Ramayan is sequence-wise, I don't put my comments there & discuss those scenes through scrapbook 😊 Now if Lola gives permission, I can join here with my comments too but only waiting for June when my final Exams will be over! & yes, I will be overactive in it after Exams, I promise! 😆  
Why does someone need Lola's permission to join in a discussion?😕
Originally posted by visrom

Why does someone need Lola's permission to join in a discussion?😕

Because she is our DT, & if she decides to move all these posts in another thread then we should not continue our discussions here. But if she wants to post its link in the diary thread of Ramayan & allow to continue this one as a separate thread (she said the same, I think), then we can discuss here. Anyway, the discussions will not be stopped, they will run freely either here or in another thread, as I told!
If you're for some reason waiting for me, Sema, maybe to know whether I'm merging the threads or not, you can go ahead and post here because I'm not. Bhavna's explanation of how we can differentiate between the two and still keep both active made perfect sense! So yeah go ahead and fill us in with whatever epi you want to describe, we will thoroughly enjoy!

Really happy that Bharat Milaap was brought up as this track means SOOO much to me... my beliefs about love and devotion have all developed around that line which Shri Ram says, "Prem kiya hai to bin mol bik jaao" 😍 Every single dialogue, every single expression in this track bears its own lesson. I love it enough to write a whole book on it, ek post kya hai... maybe after Thursday that will be one of my projects, a "Lessons from Bharat Milaap" thread, since there's so much material there! Bharat's humility when he arrives at Chitrakoot, Lakshman's deep remorse written on his face every minute after that, Shri Ram's and Sita Maiya's mercy towards Kaikeyi, Bharat's innocence in his conversations with Vashishtji and Kaushalya Mata, their selflessness and wisdom along with that of Raja Janak... a whole textbook on bhakti, these episodes are 😍

And ok - so I really shouldn't have taken any breaks in my studying today but I did, and as always I filled at least 10-15 minutes from Ramayan. Won't go into as much detail as I'd like to until after Thursday, but I saw the episode just before Hanumanji's flight (the latter being my most watched scene during childhood... Ram naam ke pankh lagaake, pahunch gaye Hanuman 🥳)... so it was like when the Vaanar Sena enters Swayamprabha's cave... I have set that baansuri tune as my alarm clock on my cell phone, it's so cute that I can't possibly be angry about waking up early 😆 Anyway, it was just nice seeing the subtle humor in the episode, their light sarcasm as they are stressing out about how to cross the ocean... Jaambvantji's "haan bhai, tum bhi bolo" when they're all out of solutions and this one background guy chimes in as if he's got a great idea 😆 And then his great idea turns out to be, "let's go hide in that cave again, free food!" 😆 And then, Angad chides him for being such a chicken... love veer Angad! And of course Sampaati's "ek ek karke marna, bhai, mere kitne mahine kat jaayenge" sounds so shocking in a mytho, but that's what makes it so funny 😆 Every time I watch Ramayan scenes, even if it's literally the millionth time, it seems I notice something new which I didn't notice before. This time it was Hanumanji's caring, fatherly behavior towards Angad when the latter brings up the idea of giving up his life and sending the rest of the Vaanars back to Kishkindha to give the bad news that they have no news. After Vaali's death, it is very rare that we get to see Hanumanji as anything but a devotee (and while in Lanka, a clever messenger). This is one small subtle instance where we see that even after you dedicate yourself to God, you don't have to act as if you're above and beyond the sorrows of others. It's a short but sweet moment. And with that I'll go back to studying, wish me luck guys and here's the episode for whoever else wants to enjoy it:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHOkA1WCXQI[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
in valmiki ramayana, there is no such scene of conflict between laxman and Parashuram. But it is there in many other Ramayanas. that scene is having a charm , since the contradiction between two short tempered heros are face to face.
As far as I know RS Ramayan was a mix of all the Ramayans and RS had taken the 'best' out of every version. This scene is a nice sweet scene, so RS decided to include this in the TV version.