Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Bhansali, Shabinaa team up to co-produce Akshay-starrer 'Rowdy Rathore'
Friday - Apr 29, 2011, 04:42pm (GMT+5.5)
[+] Text [-]

New Delhi -  Acclaimed filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has teamed up with designer Shabinaa Khan to co-produce the interestingly titled movie "Rowdy Rathore", which is his first film with Bollwood star Akshay Kumar.

For the first time Bhansali is indulging in an out-and-out actioner that will also star Sonakshi Sinha.

"To me an action film is totally an alien concept. At this juncture as a filmmaker, I want to move out of the comfort zone and do things that are new and untried," Bhansali, known for mangnum opus like "Devdas" and "Hum Dil De
Chuke Sanam", said in a statement.

Southern star Prabhu Deva will wield the megaphone for the movie. He showed his magic when he went behind the camera to direct Salman Khan in "Wanted" that turned out to be one of the biggest hits of 2009 and now he is expected to break stereotypical boundaries of the action genre with "Rowdy Rathore".

"I'm very excited about my first production film 'Rowdy Rathore', which is a hardcore action masala flick and with such a talented team on board. Pray the audiences will love," said Shabinaa.

Akshay, known for actioners like "Khiladi" and "Mohra", will return to hardcore action with the film. In recent times, mostly seen in funny films like "Singh Is Kinng" and "Namastey London", the 43-year-old star will undergo rigorous physical training in preparation for the role that will have top notch action and choreography.

"The dynamite combination of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Akshay Kumar and Prabhu Deva calls for a film that is aesthetically larger than life packed with mind blowing stunts and impressive choreography. The film has box-office
success written all over it
," said a trade source.

Read more: http://www.indiavision.com/news/article/entertainment/182317/#ixzz1KusGVxo8

Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 01 June 2011 at 1:44am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RowdyBOSSZindaDilfly2mebamboocopter

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "= ROWDY RATHORE = Akshay Kumar [Movie]" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged
On my Most Awaited list of Movies... \m/ Deva-Akki Combo wll rock Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RowdyBOSS

RowdyBOSS

Goldie

RowdyBOSS

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 7:51am | IP Logged
YES YES..Akki back to ACTIONDay Dreaming

-Ranjha-

bamboocopter

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Ranjha-

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mogliF21

Southern star Prabhu Deva will wield the megaphone for the movie

will definitely watch the movie; i liked the style of his last flick Wanted! Smile  

Action + Choreography was O Sum from him... da way he presented Salman in Wanted was Superb... Jalwaa is a Rage... Dialouges... Style ...Very Cool

I am dead sure... he will raise Akki's Styly of action 2 new level... love his back kick Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aashu75bamboocopter

Gobsmacked

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bamboocopter

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Prabhu Deva didn't direct the original version that came in Telugu. He is just running away with the credit which is a shame.

He is a very mediocre director.

Ya, but he did directed Tamil Version with Vijay in lead. Original Was Puri Jagannath's Telgu version with Mahesh Babu...

Wen i saw the promo of Telgu version, i wanted that background score for Wanted[Hindi] promo also... superb sound track it was...i just love the style south cinema gives...

Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 29 April 2011 at 8:50am

Katalicious

IF-Sizzlerz

Katalicious

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Wow this sounds really interesting! Can't wait and I wonder who the actress will be!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top