AWESOME..!!! - Page 8

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by vidyasu1

@divmath, I second that. currently this is the only soap that seriously looks at relationships: anandi-Dadisa; Anandi-her parents-in-law; Anandi-Gehna;  Gehna and Dadisa; Gehna and Basant, Gehna and Sumitra; Jag and his parents; Anandi-Jag and Jag-Gowri. It also shows complex emotions -- like that between Gehna and DS and Gehna-Basant.. I like the fact that the serial focuses on arguments and relationships rather than on some big bindi-mangalsutra wearing mil, chamak-dhamak scheming vamps and evil sisters-in -law. The problems arise out of relationships and not because some villain has schemed up something. I like the fact that it shows the hero-villain (Jag) aspects of the same person. In between it went OTT like during that psychoTeepri time but now it is riveting.

@bold - that cracked me up big time πŸ˜† πŸ˜† couldnt agree more πŸ‘...thats why I stay away from all such "Kekta" type shows...where the vamps facial expression changes as they talk in the background...loud makeup...scheming and plotting against the family members while staying under the same roof...marrying 10 times to different people in the same family, kabhi devar kabhi jhet, divorcing and marrying the same person again...list is endlessπŸ˜†πŸ˜† and yes even I hated that Teepri track in BV..that was one unnecessary psycho track, nonetheless BV is the best show on colors currently...
Edited by divmath - 12 years ago
Originally posted by atria

See what you are talking about could happen in a marriage with consenting adults also. Guy and girl get married, maybe an arranged marriage, live in a small town, then guy gets promotion and goes to a big city, there he meets someone else at work, smarter, funnier, more modern, etc etc, and falls for her. He then realizes his homebound wife is much less compatible with him than this woman and that his true love is this woman, not his wife. So Jagya's case is not really tied to his child marriage. Its not just kids whose outlook changes with time, the outlook of adults changes depending on time and place. If a man living in a small city happily with his wife comes to a big city and is dazzled and starts calling his wife gawar, is that fair? The scenario you have outlined with Jagya and Anandi could happen with consenting adults as well, and then we would call it infidelity. Which is what the serial has become about, not the evils of child marriage, but about infidelity. And by bringing in infidelity we are all talking about Jagya's lack of faithfulness in his marriage. For the indian viewers, how many do you think are saying, this all comes from child marriage? Aren't most people saying that Jagya has changed so much going to the city, he should not forget his roots and come back to Anandi? Not just on this forum, but on SBB etc. Thus they are indirectly glorifying child marriage by showing Jagya wrong in defying child marriage and Anandi right in sticking by it.

Like I said before, they could have shown the evils of child marriage much better if they had not made Jagya and Anandi meet after the leap. Then it would be less about infidelity and more about a guy tied to a marriage he had no part in while falling in love with another girl. Now it is about a spoilt brat not honouring his relations.

I guess we all have our viewpoint..and some valid points on both sides..however i stand by what i said earlier...😊..barring his lies and arrogance...jagiya is hundred percent a victim of child marriage i feel...his exposure to girls was nil till he ventured into the city...infidelty yes..it came to that eventually...but much much before that here is the outcome of marrying your kids at 5 or 6 years of age..and denying education or exposure to the little girl!!!
About jagiya not forgetting his roots i agree...but for him to come back to anandi is totally uncalled for...its better to hurt someone and be honest...and walk out gracefully...rather than living in a forced relationship!...wether right or wrong...wether infidelty or victim of child marriage..either way he is not inclined to continue the relationship..that being the case it should end...thats the best option...she has got to move on...and i am glad bhairav has disclosed everything...hopefully he will be the one who'll protect her and help her move forward..with or without jagiya...
@ redapple you had great points very well said.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I think the show has served its purpose in showing why child marriages are bad and things should change.  I would agree that at some point Jagat is also very much a victim of child marriage but  it is Anandi who has to bear the the worst repercussions of child marriage. This is because Jagat had the better side of life, credit to Anandi if not he wouldn't have had this new life in mumbai. I just can't fathom Jagat's arrogance  and indifference against Anandi after all she had done for him. I don't care if he fell in love with Gauri or wants out of the relationship that was forced upon him as a child. He should have the decency to at least man up to his best friend and family face to face instead of creating a web of lies and demeaning Anandi.

The way I see it, there is no point in making Jagat or Anandi realise how bad child marriage is but it was crucial to make the elders see for themselves how such traditions and decisions like marriages shouldn't be imposed on children at the age of where they are suppose to be just children. So CVs have done that job because now Bhairon as well Dadisa have come to a realisation what a bad thing they did in getting the kids married because if they didn't Anandi's life wouldn't have been affected  or ruined gravely and Jagat wouldn't have became a cheater and a compulsive liar. 

The change has to be realised by the elders and through the children they have seen how to prevent such a thing like child marriage doesn't take place again.

Having said that I am glad Bhairon will make Anandi his daughter and it's not to late for her to get a better education. As for Jagat he can go fly kites with his high and mighty condescending attitude thinking he's better than Anandi or anyone else for that matter.
Edited by fuzzyface - 12 years ago