Gulaal

27th April: Broken Beyond Repair (Kes-Gul)

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
This title mostly for Gulaal

Looks like both Kesar and D are working together to built an school i think which was discussed last week or so, and we all could see Kesar undoing what D tells someone to do, and changes each decisions D makes that too in front of other ppl - the workers

D wants to name the school Vasant, coz he has done so much for the village and was his dream to open this school and so on, and the expression is a shock one on Kesar's face, more so to hear Dushyant talking about Vasant and instantly flashes back to what he heard about the truth, whenever Kesar starts to thaw - he always flashes back doesnt he!?

I dont know whether at one point Dushyant is gonna yell at Kesar coz Kesar is still doing what he keeps doing with D, so i am sure one day Dushyant will lose his patient with him i guess

Paanbha lost in thoughts of JK said to her yesterday, until Motabha asks whats up and she says its Gulaal, she is worried for Gulaal, and what will happen to her futurewise and she is also worried on how Kesar comes across to Gulaal these days and behaves with her, tells MB what JK said to her about Kes-Gul's marriage, and start settling them to married life and such and also the fear that Kesar is going so far away from Gulaal and also the worry for Gulaal's future and all PB seems to see is darkness for her

Kesar finally at the police station, and want to reopen the case - as he reads the details in the file, his eyes widen and comes to know something is amiss, and why was the truck hit 3 times if is was an accident, Kesar is right and needs to be checked which will all lead to Durgesh and also D as well - Kesar wants justice and the truth out and you know what he is going the right way about it if we see it this way but from looking at what he knows with Gulaal knowing and so on, he does need to think of that which i know he does all the time, why she did what she did and not tell anyone...

Gulaal in her room and comes across the imli, seems she has kept the imli that Kesar brought for Talli, meaning it was for Gulaal really πŸ˜‰ and picks one up and smiles at it and flashes back to the day Kesar brought it knowing full well Talli doesnt like Imli, and is thinking about that day and lost in her thoughts until she snaps out of it, with MB calling her name and drops the imli which i guess was significant esp if we see the end of Gulaal and MB scene...

Nice scene, but wherever Gulaal is - crying or smiling, Vasant is always there isnt he, the photo and you saw it today - their wedding pic just beside her.  I dont mind it coz Vasant is a part of her even today
And then we see the reflection of her smiling in the mirror.

MB asks her the questions that needs to be asked,,, what has she thought about the future, her future and also Kesar's tomorrow, Gulaal knows full well what he means but still asks what does he mean, and MB says it to her - that she does understand or purposely doesnt want to understand it, and dwell on it.

MB told her 10 yrs ago, he wasnt happy with the deeyavatu and that Gulaal's decision was wrong...  and knowing full well that how things were back then, they wont stay the same later on which is now and Gulaal didnt hear one word of it and kept saying she will handle it... and we knew back them why she did what she did and we understand it and still to this day i still say whatever Gulaal did back then was right at that time, it was right and why she did and the reason it got to the deeyavatu point

As Gulaal put it today, the deeyavatu is just a word to her and nothing more which is what it was naturally back then, husband and wife is a word to her in what ppl see her as a wife, and wife to Kesar and Kesar her husband

All she wants is Kesar's future intact and to set his future up... so he becomes the man that a man should be like, and how also Vasant wants, successful, responsible, taking all responsility and passing them and so on, and the getting him married and so on, and saying how she sees Talli and Kesar, both the same age, both good friends and like each other and has faith that Talli will take care of Kesar, as you hear Gulaal talk about this, there is one thing you can think about and MB says it out aloud that who will take care of her  and Gulaal with tears in her eyes, saying what about me and pushes it aside

And finally MB asks, what about her, has she given a thought to her, about herself and so on, and says she will think about herself (which we all know she wont) and says she has him and Paanbha to think of her and care for her and MB leaves and all you see Gulaal crying silently and notices the Imli scattered all over the floor, and all you see is a tear stained Gulaal silently and someone who seems so lifeless picking up the imli and staring into space whilst doing so... again your heart goes out for this womanπŸ’”

Its not about losing Kesar if thats what ppl are reading into it,( i should of said its not JUST about losing Kesar as such as well, i mean there is but there is also the moving and aching way of how she lives her life as well, that what has she thought about herself, and who will care for her and so on, it does fill you up.) but its about her living this lonely life she has done and seem like she will as well, and not seeing what she would want and caring for herself and so on, and just existing... Gulaal is in pain, the pain she so well hides and sometimes doesnt dwell on and so on and this is what i hope one day Kesar will see and understand her in such a way...

Significant scene it was with the Imli scattering all over the floor, seems like this is how Gulaal's life is, so scattered, so shattered and so on

PRECAP - Talli accidently bumps into someone and JK says was she spying on her lol

Edited by Lennie - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
[quote]Its not about losing Kesar if thats what ppl are reading into it, but its about her living this lonely life she has done and seem like she will as well, and not seeing what she would want and caring for herself and so on, and just existing... Gulaal is in pain, the pain she so well hides and sometimes doesnt dwell on and so on and this is what i hope one day Kesar will see and understand her in such a way...[/quote]

I can't say I completely agree with that. Gulaal has that undefined connection with Kesar, so however you interpret her love for him, the fact that she was picking up KESAR's imlis means something. Once again, I want to go back to what the neutral viewer would think upon seeing today's scene. She was picking up Kesar's imlis tearfully so somewhere it does hurt her that Kesar will not be hers...not necessarily in a romantic way but as we all agree, these two are soulmates so that connection tugs her. This is why you can't put a name to their relationship...! Shes smiling to herself thinking of him, what do you call that? She seemed so at peace.

I agree her life is scattered though :( Your heart HAS to go out to her.
Lennie thumbnail
Reemz - i should of said its not JUST about losing Kesar as such as well, i mean there is but there is also the moving and aching way of how she lives her life as well, that what has she thought about herself, and who will care for her and so on, it does fill you up

Neutral viewer would think she is crying for Kesar in a way, and so on i guess

Like you say you cant even name what Kes-Gulaal share, and its so soulful and so on

Her smiling at the imli and thinking of that day was such a serene scene to see her smile and look lovingly at it, which like i say she doesnt see what she did getting lost in those thoughts - doesnt acknowledge what it could mean which could happen for frequently until someone points out to her
*Reemz* thumbnail
As I said in my topic, there will never be a point where they suddenly fall in love. We saw how Kesar was just mesmerised her the first time...it just happened because his feelings for her were always so strong. Similarly, Gulaal has always been so attached to him that her feelings for him can come out anytime. They weren't created, they were always there. You can't pinpoint the moment when he or she has fallen in love with the other...! Words don't do justice to what I'm trying to explain...

Ahh I do love analysing these two 😳
Edited by *Reemz* - 13 years ago
ritukaprithvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Lennie
whatever the understanding of the scene the pain was visible for everyone to see. So much suffereing at such close intervals will drive normal people around the bend but GULAAL always raises the bar higher for herself.  

Lennie thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

As I said in my topic, there will never be a point where they suddenly fall in love. We saw how Kesar was just mesmerised her the first time...it just happened because his feelings for her were always so strong. Similarly, Gulaal has always been so attached to him that her feelings for him can come out anytime. They weren't created, they were always there. You can't pinpoint the moment when he or she has fallen in love with the other...! Words don't do justice to what I'm trying to explain...

Ahh I do love analysing these two 😳

FInally you have said what i have tried to get out, that there will never be a point where they suddenly in love or fall in love point, that love whatever love they have and that connection and bond has always been there, whatever that is between Gul-Kes comes out in how we are seeing them right now, as you mentioned the above it can come out anytime and anywhere, they emotions, feelings is just there

I get what you mean, words dont do justice to them even trying to see a point in them falling in love is not there coz its just there in everything they do - love grows, love nurtures and with Kes-Gul its always been there in whatever form but whatever it is its deep, the love they share is rare, its soulful in a way

Listen to this song (to me its more of a love that is not just a boyfriend/girlfriend/lover but something truly deeper than that), and you can see that Love sometimes is so much more, and sometime has no meaning and is beyond love but its just there - or sometimes love doesnt have to feel love esp that love the typical kind of love that everyone knows but love that is just there, that is just pure and bottomless...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNbW1OLMHY[/YOUTUBE]

This bit i like

This Love

Doesnt need to feel love
Doesn't know it is love
Doesn't need a thing

This love

sauris thumbnail
very nice intrepretation of the imlis scene,just loved it
*Reemz* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lennie

FInally you have said what i have tried to get out, that there will never be a point where they suddenly in love or fall in love point, that love whatever love they have and that connection and bond has always been there, whatever that is between Gul-Kes comes out in how we are seeing them right now, as you mentioned the above it can come out anytime and anywhere, they emotions, feelings is just there

I get what you mean, words dont do justice to them even trying to see a point in them falling in love is not there coz its just there in everything they do - love grows, love nurtures and with Kes-Gul its always been there in whatever form but whatever it is its deep, the love they share is rare, its soulful in a way

Listen to this song (to me its more of a love that is not just a boyfriend/girlfriend/lover but something truly deeper than that), and you can see that Love sometimes is so much more, and sometime has no meaning and is beyond love but its just there - or sometimes love doesnt have to feel love esp that love the typical kind of love that everyone knows but love that is just there, that is just pure and bottomless...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNbW1OLMHY[/YOUTUBE]

This bit i like

This Love

Doesnt need to feel love
Doesn't know it is love
Doesn't need a thing

This love

I don't have my headphones with me but I will definitely give the song a listen later on.😳

I love what you said, each word especially this line 'but love that is just there, that is just pure and bottomless...'

That's the only way you can define K-G. It's just endless amount of love, just pure love no matter what name you want to give it.

BTW you mentioned how Vasant's picture is always there. I found it more interesting today because she was subconsciously thinking about another man in front of her wedding pic with Vasant.
Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
my heart cried for gulaal today...how  content   she was  with her imli i have  seen girls keeping roses cards, teddy bear  but here she kept imli ..though it was not meant for her but still she kept becoz it was kesar's  first gift ...she was blushing and smiling and the mirror reflected   our true gulaal who is not martyr but an ordinary innocent  girl who is happy with a small token of love and admiration...but then sudden stroke  of responsbility came and this sweet innocent gulaal hide herself behind a strong determined women as ever...how much pain was there in her eyes wen she was talking about kesar and talli ...she knew she was lonely and her heart was crying for a soulmate, her wishes were pleading her,her desire wanted to disagree, her hopes  wanted to breathe,  , her dreams come out in tears ...but still she didnt let that sweet innoncent gulaal rule her...for her kesar and his family future was most important thing in the world and she did what she do always...sacrifice !

her dreams were  shattered,  wishes were ruined, hope were lost but still she gathered imli coz it was first gift of kesar ...

gulaal u deserve to be loved ...!
ritukaprithvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ arti07
That was very beautifully said.