Abaththams in Anupallavi

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Everyone

Everyday the updaters find some hole gaping at them in this serial, sodhappals.   So why dont we make a list and enjoy ourselves.  This serial offers little to amuse ourselves otherwise... am still unable to digest  such a s(t)orryline after Thiruppaavai..

Since the page cant be divided or an excel sheet added, can we list the Section A abaththams (the ones in the storyline, character, goof ups) in Red and Section B abaththams (the mistakes in language - both Thamizh and English) can be in Green.  You can post them and I can collate them into one post from time to time. 

Let us have fun... join in the song!
Ready! 

Yesterday's abatham - Jenny talks to the ashram chief, and tells RR that it was Devaki madam on the phone, then a minute later, says she has to meet Devika madam!
25th April 2011

Originally posted by eljay

Thanks, Roja!  I have only one question - only one?  I can see Roja and eclat and some others wondering!  Anyway, if Karthi went inside and did his praying, surely the archakar would have seen him.  Why didn't the archakar mention having seen Shree, since it is the same Durgai amman temple that Shree visited earlier? 

This second point is not a question, just an observation - the America returned Ganesh tells Rukku - In all our years of marriage life, ...!  I know the term "married life", but "marriage life"?  Marriage is a noun, not an adjective - many thanks to Wren and Martin!

27th April 2011

Originally posted by cool_rrk

Also, under Abatham Section A, I noticed that RR's office is really a room at home, I noticed that he slung a bath towel over his office "CEO" desk chair...also, the curtains are all mismatched, wonder WHO would keep an office that way??
it was obvious from the side shots...that was so funny

Originally posted by eljay

Also, the same blue curtains hang in Anu's house!  I am wondering if they are using a room in that house for the office!  The towel on the chair looked so cheap it was funny!

Edited by eclat - 12 years ago
Another abatham - a red one!

In yesterday's episode, they were showing Palli 25 years back, in her parents' home, and guess what?  They had the same blue and yellow checked curtains hanging there!  That must be the most popular pattern ever, or else it is the only pattern available in Madras! 
20th May 2011

Originally posted by cool_rrk

LJ, completely agree! 3 abathams in logic-

I wanted to throw my slipper at my screen watching this episode- 

First, HOW can a man look so calm after he has just lost a wife he supposedly loved very much to a train accident? No signs of grief, sadness- nothing! 2 months is not a long time to grief a loved one for sure!

Secondly, how can they nyaaya paduthufy a young woman who is SO adamant she will kill herself if she doesnt get what she wants? When she served RR coffee, she wasnt even smart enough to ask somebody if he is available or married? It sounds mad, not even practical for a lady of marriageable age to be so immature she points at a man and says "I want him". What if he is already married with kids? This is like the late eighties, I think logic existed then too!

Thirdly, I find it amusing Viswanathan went from a very dark skinned younger days to a fair skinned old age- using sottu neelam? or Fair and Lovely cream user?? 

Abaththams in AP illappaa - APyE abaththamthaan.

1. Anu was in coma in the Railway Hospital.  RR and Sundu searched everywhere for Anu except the hospital??  The mishap was so gore, that there would have been many patients in the ICU - that is where  Anu was in Coma. 

2.  Did not marry Palli out of lust or love :  If he did not, then he should have waited to convince his mother, which he did not.  He told her that he is going to marry Palli which made her leave him.  If he got married to Palli because of nandri kadan - it could have been postponed. 

3. Viswanthan & Sivakami : are the lousiest parents one can wish for.  Having brought up a daughter who wants only the best of things, first hand at all costs, they were lazy to hunt for a proper groom for their daughter.  Instead hid all the truth, baited RR with a carrot stick , just to get the lizard off their back.

4. AAR : veeravasanam ellaam chummaa poochchaaNdi.  You are no better than RR and his coterie.  Spineless woman did not tell RR that his lies have hurt not just one but so many, and other than lying he hasnt done anything for any of them.
Abatham on May 24: Anu shifted house between the first segment and the third!
good thread...
anupallavi fans...please do your part too here...come on...you can do it!!!
The temple they show looks like Vishnu temple, yet they give vibhuthi. Utmost abatham is 'ungil, yandy' of Adhi :))