Phulwa

what is the difference between trp and tvr?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

priyaptkq

Groupbie

priyaptkq

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
hello guys, actually i want to know that what is the difference between trp and tvr? i want to know that how trp and tvr is calculated? can anyone guide me? actually i am confusing between trp and tvr?

Edited by priyaptkq - 26 April 2011 at 1:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnovaHaHaHeHe-Hupp

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what is the difference between trp and tvr?" in Phulwa forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Ratings point is a measure of viewership of a particular television program.

One single television ratings point (or TVR) represents 1% of viewers in the surveyed area in a given minute. As of 2004, there are an estimated 109.6 million television households in the USA. Thus, a single national household ratings point represents 1%, or 1,096,000 households for the 2004-05 season. When used for the broadcast of a program, the average rating across the duration of the show is typically given. Ratings points are often used for specific demographics rather than just households. For example a ratings point among the key 18-49 year olds demographic is equivalent to 1% of all 18-49 year olds in the country.

A TVR is different to a share point in that it is the percentage of all possible viewers, while a share point is 1% of all viewers watching television at the time. Hence the share of a broadcast is often significantly higher than the TVR, especially at times when overall TV viewing is low.

Television Rating Point (TRP) is used by television advertisers to monitor the most widely watched TV programs in India based on which AD rates for a program is decided. Basically this is the ranking list of popular TV programs released by INTAM every week.

INTAM (Indian Television Audience Measurement) is the electronic rating agency functioning in India. 'People meters' are installed in sample homes and these electronic gadgets continuously record data about the channel watched by the family members and the agency prepares a national data on the basis of its sample homes readings.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MrRockySinghHaHaHeHe-Hupp

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.