Gulaal

   

She doesn't even know what she likes :\

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Joined: 10 May 2005

Posts: 41376

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Wow! We always talked about the possibility of Gulaal suppressing her feelings for Kesar in the future and today's episode gave us an insight in to why this maybe the case. The woman doesn't even know what she likes, she doesn't know what it feels like to be alive in the true sense. Every human has desires but she has none whatsoever. Funnily it doesn't even hit her that she can have her own likes and dislikes :\ This is going to be a big factor in the future storyline...! First she won't even be aware of her desires and once she is aware, she will feel guilty for having them. Over the past 10 years, Gulaal has only lived this way...its the only way she knows.

Another interesting thing happened today which I could relate to this show. I was told a story about a man who was considerably older than the girl. When he tried to pursue her initially, she retorted with 'You're like my uncle' (the age gap was actually smaller than G-Ks). She just blurted it out because he was older and she couldn't think of him like that but over time as they got closer, she couldn't help but see him a different light...it just happened. So even though initially there was a 'yuk factor', it somehow didn't matter later on. It was just amusing how I thought of this show when I was being told the story...Tongue You  just never know what happens in the future.


Edited by *Reemz* - 26 April 2011 at 1:23pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

spicySugar..-Swetha-karipaSweetAddiction..Sidraarti07Lennie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "She doesn't even know what she likes :\" in Gulaal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Swetha-

Coolbie

-Swetha-

Joined: 01 January 2010

Posts: 44175

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
awesome post by u reemaClap
i fully agree with ur wordsApprove

sometimes ... this gulaal confuses me as to wat she wants in life... n wat she is doing to herself...Confused

i hope dis JK brings some sense in gulaal n kesar soon...!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

Lennie

IF-Stunnerz

Lennie

Joined: 30 November 2004

Posts: 35223

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Desire is a word i think has been related to Gulaal alot (but we all know who and what Gulaal is and why she is like how she is and thats how i expect her to be, she isnt confusing but you just feel so much for her and you wish her hope, life, joy and colours in her life even if she doesnt see or want them), what does she desire, she must have some desires something that makes me think of when Daiba had a chat to her in the mahaepisode, in saying doesnt she have any desires (and i dont mean in an sexual way - i know how some ppl dont see depth in some words) as a person and what she wants and needs and craves for her but the way she has lived for 10 yrs and so long and she feels this is how she will live and do her duty or whatever like this forever... she's now use to it and sees her life like this
 
Gulaal has become kinda what Zaara had become in Veer-Zaara and i remember something that Veer said in his poem at the end
 
 
Mere Khwabon Ko Poora Karte Khud Ke Khwaab Bhool Chuki Hai Woh
Mere Logon Ki Saiwa Karke Apne Logo Ko Chor Chuki Hai Woh

Its true in a way, serving other ppl,  also they are her family as well, she has forgotten about her ownself along the way, how she was way before - that certain aspect of her lost and those memories and childhood and what she liked... is still in her lost - faded away.
She knows her dislikes and likes, but she doesnt find its important and always second best to all

 
All i can wish that someone comes along, yep that someone is Kesar, and does and hopes for what Veer wanted to do...
 
Uska Daaman Ab Khushiyon Se Bharne Ko Dil Karta Hai
Uske Liye Ek Aur Zindagi Phir Jeenay Ko Jee Karta Hai
 
Kesar and Gulaal have a age-gap but not a big one (for me its not even important but ppl do notice it here esp the viewers sometimes but for me it over-rides it of the bond), and most important thing is their bond which goes beyond any relation or name tag given to it, even one of Husband-wife at the moment
Dil Ke Rishta they have which is more then any name given relation i find
 
As i said before or yesterday, that for Gulaal to ever feel more for Kesar will come to her as an utter shock, will rock her to the core which is natural esp for someone like Gulaal and wouldnt even acknowledge it fully and suppress it so much with her no acknowledging it - like you say someone will have to force her to see it and dwell on it


Edited by Lennie - 26 April 2011 at 1:39pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-prernacdaarti07*Reemz*....Poojie....

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Joined: 08 October 2010

Posts: 12342

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
age gap is never a issue ! as much i acknowldge kesar love for gulaal ...equally i m confused about  gulaal's reaction to kesar's feeling as gulaal has  nurtured him, punished him, taught him, loved him as child ...a child may grew... his feeling may changed but what about an grown up women????? will  her feeling  be changed  as this child has grown up ????? will she ever understand love of kesar ?????? will she ever accept him as her husband ?????? this question is so big...even in novel and ek chaddar mailli si (movie ) rajjo remained as dutiful wife throughout life and mangal fullfilled all his responsibilities we viewer never got an hint of romantic tie up between the two...here the subject is so bold and gulaal is protrayed as an ideal women ...will i ever see this ideal women falling for kesar ??????

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvi*Reemz*....Poojie....

SweetAddiction.

IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 30 January 2008

Posts: 10248

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-ritukaprithvi*Reemz*

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Joined: 10 May 2005

Posts: 41376

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sv003

awesome post by u reemaClap
i fully agree with ur wordsApprove

sometimes ... this gulaal confuses me as to wat she wants in life... n wat she is doing to herself...Confused

i hope dis JK brings some sense in gulaal n kesar soon...!!!!

Even she doesnt know what she really wants, she doesn't even regard her desires as important.

JK may help...hopefully!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Joined: 10 May 2005

Posts: 41376

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lennie

Desire is a word i think has been related to Gulaal alot (but we all know who and what Gulaal is and why she is like how she is and thats how i expect her to be, she isnt confusing but you just feel so much for her and you wish her hope, life, joy and colours in her life even if she doesnt see or want them), what does she desire, she must have some desires something that makes me think of when Daiba had a chat to her in the mahaepisode, in saying doesnt she have any desires (and i dont mean in an sexual way - i know how some ppl dont see depth in some words) as a person and what she wants and needs and craves for her but the way she has lived for 10 yrs and so long and she feels this is how she will live and do her duty or whatever like this forever... she's now use to it and sees her life like this
 
Gulaal has become kinda what Zaara had become in Veer-Zaara and i remember something that Veer said in his poem at the end
 
 
Mere Khwabon Ko Poora Karte Khud Ke Khwaab Bhool Chuki Hai Woh
Mere Logon Ki Saiwa Karke Apne Logo Ko Chor Chuki Hai Woh

Its true in a way, serving other ppl,  also they are her family as well, she has forgotten about her ownself along the way, how she was way before - that certain aspect of her lost and those memories and childhood and what she liked... is still in her lost - faded away.
She knows her dislikes and likes, but she doesnt find its important and always second best to all

 
All i can wish that someone comes along, yep that someone is Kesar, and does and hopes for what Veer wanted to do...
 
Uska Daaman Ab Khushiyon Se Bharne Ko Dil Karta Hai
Uske Liye Ek Aur Zindagi Phir Jeenay Ko Jee Karta Hai
 
Kesar and Gulaal have a age-gap but not a big one (for me its not even important but ppl do notice it here esp the viewers sometimes but for me it over-rides it of the bond), and most important thing is their bond which goes beyond any relation or name tag given to it, even one of Husband-wife at the moment
Dil Ke Rishta they have which is more then any name given relation i find
 
As i said before or yesterday, that for Gulaal to ever feel more for Kesar will come to her as an utter shock, will rock her to the core which is natural esp for someone like Gulaal and wouldnt even acknowledge it fully and suppress it so much with her no acknowledging it - like you say someone will have to force her to see it and dwell on it

Remember Daibaa asked Gulaal to think about herself and in reply Gulaal said  'kya zaroorat hai?'. She's locked her desires away somewhere deep inside her heart without expecting for anyone to unlock them. 

That poem from VZ is so pure. Those lines really do suit Gulaal!Embarrassed That's why I feel only Kesar can give her the happiness she deserves because when he opens her heart towards her, no-one else will be visible to him and Gulaal deserves that sort of overwhelming love.


I told the story not so much for the age gap issue but the fact that the girl initially put an 'uncle' stamp towards this guy before actually giving the relationship a chance. Similarly, how some of the critics of a potential romance between Gul-Kesar automatically feel the yuk factor.

I'm waiting for the day where Gulaal's realisation hits her! That will be one heck of a scene!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Joined: 10 May 2005

Posts: 41376

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti07

age gap is never a issue ! as much i acknowldge kesar love for gulaal ...equally i m confused about  gulaal's reaction to kesar's feeling as gulaal has  nurtured him, punished him, taught him, loved him as child ...a child may grew... his feeling may changed but what about an grown up women????? will  her feeling  be changed  as this child has grown up ????? will she ever understand love of kesar ?????? will she ever accept him as her husband ?????? this question is so big...even in novel and ek chaddar mailli si (movie ) rajjo remained as dutiful wife throughout life and mangal fullfilled all his responsibilities we viewer never got an hint of romantic tie up between the two...here the subject is so bold and gulaal is protrayed as an ideal women ...will i ever see this ideal women falling for kesar ??????

Hasn't it already started to change? Those subtle hints of jealousy/hurt and yesterday's terrace scene was a step forward in the right direction. If she still saw him as a child then she needn't put her pallu up. The story is most definitely going the way it should go...!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.