Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

The other Chanakya

-JC- IF-Rockerz
-JC-
-JC-

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
I just recently started watching CM. and i couldn't help compare the narrative to that of the older series based on the life of Chanakya by Dwivedi. I was too young when that series was running on TV so a few years ago i watched it on DVD. I think the show was so well made that i believed the authenticity of the story as it was presented...until now when i see a different version and did more research and realize a lot of it was creative liberties.

So i was just wondering... in the other show, they show Chandragupt getting married to Dhananad's daughter Dharini (after killing her father and brother) in order to supress the supporters of the Nanda clan and claim himself as a successor and not just a tyrant who usurped the kingdom. It was Chanakya who pretty much forced him to marry even tho Chandragupt and Dharani both did not want to. I don't remember what happened in the end. But is that a possibility for this show as they havn't shown Dhanand having a daughter yet.

Also like the characterization of Dhanand in this show. There is so much more spunk to that role here. I have rarely seen -ive characters who are so well etched and played that they are more entertaining to watch that the protagonist sometimes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurrinku4u

radhikarani IF-Rockerz
radhikarani
radhikarani

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Ra yaar chandragupt is just lil boy nw. Let him grw up n lets c

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakur

Amor. Coolbie
Amor.
Amor.

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
may be its possible, if its in history thy'll surely show it 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index