VICE-PRESIDENT

SECRETARY

PUBLIC RELATIONS

FUN OFFICERS

The Jhingalala Penguins

SECURITY OFFICER

BOARD MEMBERS

MISSION STATEMENT

To provide GKlicious stuff continuously to keep the members in a permanent state of gautizziness.

Edited by ssroomani - 25 April 2011 at 10:33am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfodevilsadvocateNeebaThinker_Bellefj08--Ratna--Eksie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "GKompany Private Limited - Members Only" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 10:15am | IP Logged

Beverages/snacks served during board meetings:  GKoffee, GKoke, GKookies.

Food served during parties:  GKocktails, GKandy, GKlate, GKake, GKnorr soups, GKingfisher beer, GKurkure, etc.

Code of Conduct:  Members greet each other with GKisses.

Dress Code:  GKind of clothes only with GKaccessories like scarves, watches, rings, kaala dhaga, shades, etc.

Language Used:  GKonvo.

RULES

No bashing of any of the characters played by GK; constructive criticism allowed.

No bashing of any of his co-stars while discussing shows; again constructive criticism allowed of characters.

Non-members MAY NOT post any comment on this topic, not even "may I join?" – all such comments will be deleted.

New members may be added but only if majority of the above members agree with the proposal.  We are a very GKlusive group and have strict GKriteria for membership.

GKoholics, let your hair down and go GKrazy! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

devilsadvocateNeebaregularinfoThinker_Belle--Ratna--Eksie

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged

This chat club is started by me because I want a place to go gautizzy in and discuss all of GK's shows, ads and other performances.   I shall be posting regularly (at least once a week, but hopefully twice) on some aspect which struck me about his shows.  Feel free, dear family, to comment and add to the fun!  Add sub-topics of your own and make this a real jhingalala place to be in!

Heart Confessions of a GKoholic Heart

Introduction

A little more than a year ago, on December 28, 2009, to be precise, my life suddenly took a U turn.  I had a very quiet life; nothing exciting ever happened.  I was working from home for health reasons and the only entertainment I had in my busy schedule was an hour of TV at night when I would curl up on the sofa and watch whatever was available letting my mind go blank for a while.   While surfing through the channels one day, looking for something interesting, I came across a promo of a TV serial starting on December 28th.  I was instantly attracted as the leads shown were good-looking and seemed to have some kind of magic between them and the show promised to be a romcom which was my favorite kind of movie/show.  I decided to watch as it was coming on at 9 pm which was a convenient time for me to settle down in front of the TV after the day's work.

Right from the day 1, I was hooked to the show.   The male lead was introduced on the first day, and I fell head over heels in love with a totally fictional character (never mind that he was probably 2 decades younger than me)! LOL  I was entranced by the story as it unfolded, and the magical chemistry between the couple opened the doors of romance for me again.  Watching YPNHK opened the floodgates for me and all the romance that was locked up somewhere deep within me came out in the open.  How eagerly I waited for 9 pm every day and I went into a trance for half an hour! Embarrassed

I had fallen like a ton of bricks for a fictional character, and that too at this time in life, but then is there an ideal age for romance?  It can happen to anyone at any time!  The tragedy of my life was that a romantic like me had had no real romance in her life, and suddenly everything seemed all rosy and wonderful.  I recovered my sense of humor in full and joy of life as well.  It was a transformation, a new chapter in my life, and I overcame years of boredom and silence, all because of a TV soap named Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam and a character called Abeer!  As the next natural step, I started googling for information on the actors, especially the male lead, Gaurav Khanna,  who portrayed the role of Abeer.   And that was the start of my GKoholism!  Embarrassed Heart Blushing

Gaurav Khanna as Abeer Vajpayee

In my quest for info, I accidentally stumbled on the India-Forums and for a time was a silent reader.  As time passed and the story reached a climax, I could not control myself anymore and jumped into the discussions and dissections with gusto!  I found a lot of like-minded souls and in no time was part of a family on IF! Hug

Sadly, the show Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam came to an end on September 2, 2010, with an abrupt ending which left me very dissatisfied and disillusioned.   The villains were the TRPs which were not great and the channel decided to shut shop on the show.  The story went haywire in the last 2 months to introduce drama and more drama for TRP sake, and it was only the main leads and their magical chemistry that kept me watching.  When it finally ended, it left a void which would not be filled, whatever I tried! Ouch

Then, the next show was announced of GK, Dil Se Diya Vachan on Zee channel.  As the promos came out and the unique concept of the storyline was announced, I was thrilled again.  My favorite actor was back on TV in what promised to be a good show.  I prayed this story would not be tampered with and settled down to enjoy the serial.  I fell in love all over again with the male lead, this time Prem, played by GK.  Prem was not as well rounded a character as Abeer, but GK did a fabulous job, and I was completely hooked to the show.  By this time, interactions on IF had made a technically challenged person like me into a decently tech-savvy person (though I still have a long way to go!), and I learned to take caps from videos.  It gave me the biggest high to study Prem's expressions, and I realized what a consummate actor GK was, how natural was his portrayal of the different emotions.  My GKoholism scaled new heights as time passed. SillyDay Dreaming

Gaurav Khanna as Prem Rajadhyaksh

Alas, this show also had to end in a hurry and it lasted just over 5 months.  The TRPs were again to blame, and the story went through some unnecessary upheaval in order to survive, but fortunately, one of the main characters left the show for health reasons, and the channel decided to pull the curtains on the show.  It ended on a slightly happier note than YPNHK, but again the end was blotched.  I felt sorry for the "creatives" of the show because it seemed to me they had to turn "destructives" based on the whim of the TRPs! Shocked

On April 1, 2011, I found myself at a loose end again.  I felt a void although I was pretty busy in my real life with a lot of life-changing decisions and activities.  At this time, I decided to watch another show of GK's, which I had not watched on TV but was apparently quite popular.  I found that all episodes were available on the net and had a marathon watching spree and watched the whole show in less than a month flat.  And again, I fell in love with the male lead, Prithvi, played by GK; it was a sense of dj vu, but sent my GKoholic tendencies into a real tizzy!  Prithvi again was not a complete, well-rounded character like Abeer, but GK carried it off with poise and confidence. Clap 

Gaurav Khanna as Prithvi Saxena

GK acted in both Love Ne Mila Di Jodi and Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam simultaneously for about 2 months.  YPNHK began at the end of December 2009 and LNMDJ ended towards end of February 2010.  The two characters played by GK in these two shows, Abeer and Prithvi respectively, were as different as chalk from cheese.   Yet he played both with aplomb, you could not find a trace of one in the other, and I was really lost in admiration of the talent he possessed.   The three characters he played in the 3 shows I had watched form the basis for this topic but I am sure to digress into other things related to GK! Embarrassed Big smile

On second thoughts, I fell in love with Abeer which led to GKoholism, and GKoholism led to falling in love with his other character roles!   Blushing Blushing

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

devilsadvocatefj08Thinker_Belle--Ratna--Eksie

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Recently I watched the first few episodes of YPNHK and when I saw the dupatta scene, I remembered the other dupatta scenes and so this is my first chapter!   There is no particular order for this ramble; I shall simply post on any aspect which takes my fancy about GK as it happens! 

The Flying Dupatta on his Face  Embarrassed

This is something that has been used ad nauseum on the big and small screens, but it never fails to thrill a romantic at heart like me!  Abeer, Prem and Prithvi had moments when the dupatta of their lady love flew on their faces, and the expressions on GK's face in these scenes gave me the goose bumps!  Every romantic fiber in me thrilled to it.  Blushing Take a look at the pics -sigh!

When Leher's dupatta flew off and landed on Abeer's face – their first meeting – Abeer ke dil mein kuch kuch hua!   There was magic in the air! Embarrassed

When Nandini's dupatta flew in Prem's face, he was mesmerized, but alas, Nandini was not even aware of his presence! Wink

When Damini's dupatta flew down from the window, Prithvi saw it and caught it.  It certainly affected him, but it just made Damini more annoyed with him than she was! Tongue

Whatever the situation, GK's expressions in these scenes reflected the state of mind of the character he played so naturally! Embarrassed

That is it for a beginning…….see you soon with the next installment on GK! Big smile

And please remember this is a chat club, so do comment and add your bits as well!  Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

devilsadvocatefj08Thinker_Belle--Ratna--Eksie

fj08

IF-Rockerz

fj08

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
oh wow ... i m a VP and did u remember that i loved that shirt of Gaurav's Day Dreaming

i love this shoba, i have been rewatching gaurav stuff and would love a place to put it and comment, you know we have been putting it in a lot of different places

first agenda for me would be to read your comments... hopefully today

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Thinker_Bellessroomani--Ratna--Eksie

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Fatima...welcome!   Hug  Yes, I remembered the shade of blue discussion we had...LOL

Let us rock this thread!  Dancing Party

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Thinker_Belle--Ratna--Eksie

Thinker_Belle

IF-Rockerz

Thinker_Belle

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Shobs! Hug  Thank you for coming up with this awesome place to hang out!!!

What a place to have jhingalala discussions with my favorite people on earth!!  The esteemed members of this club! HugHeart

Wow, and you posted topic for the day too!!  The Dupatta!!

I have so much to comment on that one.. will come up with it soon!

Cant wait for everyone to check this out!

Lets get the party started, la familia!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

devilsadvocate--Ratna--Eksie

Thinker_Belle

IF-Rockerz

Thinker_Belle

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged

This is my reply to Shobs "Dupatta" post...

Well, the first dupatta scene I saw of GK's was of course, YPNHK and I didnt even know the song "jab hawaein" at the time. I thought It was purely done for the show.. there's a 2 line backgrond story here.

I was in India at the time, and it had been long time since I watched an Indian telly serial and due to my cynicism and now-well-known skeptical nature, I had a pre concieved notion that if the dupatta flew in the air around hero and heroine, the show was very very corny. The whole scene of "jab hawaein" caught me offguard, I fell completely and irrivocably for Abher.. I even blushed when Leher blushed as she runs down grabbing her dupatta, I swear!  Blushing I think that scene was kinda monumental in hooking me to the show. I dunno what about it made me so convinced.. maybe the fact that I hadn't heard the song, maybe it was Abeer (who I thought over did the "hum Abeer Vajpayee hain" in the first episode, then), maybe it was Leher (I kinda identified with her.. very obidient and trustworthy, has a younger sister.. very pretty *cough*!) or maybe just the whole combination. But that scene was the one I liked. For the first time, I thought the dupatta flying around the leads was..cool! LOLLOL

I liked Prithvi's scene too, but not what followed immidietly after that.. I think it was a bit extreme for Damini to throw away her dupatta. That kind of screams of her attraction, or atleast his importance in her life. I mean, that was way too much to prove to someone that they are hated Wink  btw, I like the red dupatta and how GK caught it and looked up...Big smile

Well, now coming towards Prem.. oh, where shall I begin! Now that the show is over and we dont have to pledge our allegiance to Prem, (Do we?Confused)  I want to say that his character kind of.. didn't set too well with me. He came across as tad bit insensitive, although GK did a good job of portraying him with all the character development constraints.. So I was back to my cynical, skeptical self, and I must say... if I'm allowed to, that is, the dupatta scene in the hospital... Na pas faire quelque chose pour moi!  Stern Smile

Oh but that doesn't mean I've sworn off dupatta scenes as corny. I would love to see a scene with the hero, heroine and dupatta very nicely made. And it should blow my mind away.. Approve

Ok, thats all I got.

Edited by 10on10 - 26 April 2011 at 12:15am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

devilsadvocateNeebassroomanifj08--Ratna--Eksie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top