Johnathan Gilbert's Device

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Since it is effective on both Vampires and werewolves, it'll work against Klaus too right??

I dont think Elijah knows abt it...??
And I dont really remember what happened to the device after season 1...John Gilbert still has it? If he does, then I hope they think of using it coz even though it cant kill klaus, it'll be a good weapon in case of emergencies.(kind of like elena's personal weapon coz stefan and damon can't use it since it'll effect them too)

Edited by HPmaniac - 12 years ago
u might be right..
gud observation though
n even i dont remember what happened to the device...
waiting for thursday!
The device only worked once and that to for 5 minutes only. Plus apart from Bonnie they have no means to kill Klaus cause he's a hybrid, and like Elijah said, if a werewolf is hit by silver, it heals, and the dagger won't work on Klaus as well. and he can't be killed by anything else like fire...so its only Bonnie who can kill Klaus...and even they are able to rework the Gilbert device, they will still need Bonnie to finish Klaus off while he is in pain...cause remember, in the basement where John lit the fire, the mayor was able to move a bit...so he was not totally incapacitated
Originally posted by mahi0809

The device only worked once and that to for 5 minutes only. Plus apart from Bonnie they have no means to kill Klaus cause he's a hybrid, and like Elijah said, if a werewolf is hit by silver, it heals, and the dagger won't work on Klaus as well. and he can't be killed by anything else like fire...so its only Bonnie who can kill Klaus...and even they are able to rework the Gilbert device, they will still need Bonnie to finish Klaus off while he is in pain...cause remember, in the basement where John lit the fire, the mayor was able to move a bit...so he was not totally incapacitated

True... But maybe they could find a way of incorporating it into their "Klaus" plan... Maybe Bonnie could re-work the device now that she's strong enough?
I still don't think it will work on Klaus...i dunno why. But also, mahi is right, device was a once use only, and what is the point of using it on klaus if all the vamps and wolves get effected by it? i guess bonnie is there...but still. I'm betting originals don't get effected by these things.
Originally posted by Jaan730

I still don't think it will work on Klaus...i dunno why. But also, mahi is right, device was a once use only, and what is the point of using it on klaus if all the vamps and wolves get effected by it? i guess bonnie is there...but still. I'm betting originals don't get effected by these things.

Thanks for backing me up Jaan, but now that I think about it, Nayab has a valid point. The Gilbert Device or Gil D as I m calling it right now to shorten it could really be helpful.

Actually...if we give it a little thought, and some how Bonnie is able to rework the Gilbert device and use it on the full moon when Klaus is already the most vulnerable, the Gilbert device could distract him enough before he is able to make a move, and Bonnie might have a shot at finishing him off. Even if it doesn't work on originals, he is part werewolf, and we don't know if he is a werewolf original or not...if he is an ordinary werewolf, then the device could work on him. Remember, the mayor had the curse in his family but he was not actually a werewolf, and he still got affected by the Gil D even though he had not triggered the curse. So, what if the dormant werewolf inside of Klaus gets affected (feels pain) by the Gilbert device before Bonnie does what she has to do...and as for the other vampires... why don't Stefan, and Damon use Klaus's favorite trick right on him, and possess some human's bodies...ok, I know this last part was extremely far fetched, and they may still get affected by the device but thats my counter attack plus what about if Stefan, and Damon consume some vervain while possessing human bodies, maybe Vervain could some how provide a layer of protection afterall maybe there are more properties of Vervain that could be explored, or maybe a spell could be done to protect the vamps inside the human bodies from the Gil D...and now since Bonnie is all juiced up, it shouldn't take her long to do all that, right lolll...I dunno, I guess I think too much hehehe...but whatever the scenario is, its upto Bonnie to save the day, I'll be really surprised if the cvs come up with something different than Bonnie's fight
Edited by mahi0809 - 12 years ago
bonnie is not entirely a full proof plan... elijah has something else up his sleeves. remeber even if bonie does use the powers of the 100 witches, it will still kill her. so elijah knows how to kill klaus with the help of bonnie, but not entirely only bonnie, he knows something else as well. so that way they kill klaus, save the doppleganger(elena) and also make sure bonnie doesnt get harmed.
cant wait for this weeks episode