Harry Potter

Plot holes in Chamber of Secrets

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Love-Hate-herms_angel..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Plot holes in Chamber of Secrets" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Interesting queries! Very well thought out too. :D These need time for thought though...will get back to you.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Love-Hate-herms_angel

herms_angel

IF-Sizzlerz

herms_angel

Posted: 27 April 2011 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

2) How come everyone is carrying something or have something - ghost, water, lens, etc - along with them that they only end up being petrified but not killed (and eaten up too).

Ans : That can be a coincidence perhaps.And because none of them had direct eye-contact with snake, they ended up being petrified only.As for hermione, she had realised that the monster is a Basilisk.And the first person she met after it was Ravenclaw prefect,the first she asked her to do was to look around the corners with a mirror (incase the Basilisk's on the lurk).

3) What is the Basilisk's plan? Why is it only content staring at people (and petrifying them - since everyone has something to avoid eye-contact with it - even though most don't know about the nature of the monster)? Why doesn't it, y'know, eat anyone up or even injure them in anyway? Is the Basilisk that good-natured (but we see a different story when we finally meet it in the Chamber)?

Ans : The heir of the slytherin had been controlling the Basilisk all along.In the end, when we get a Tom Riddle and Harry, Tom tells harry that has real target has only been harry.The petrifying business was a plan to get him to the chamber.

8) Why couldn't anyone else hear hissing snake noises (while Harry heard fully formed words) the Basilisk made?

Ans : I'm not very sure about this one.The only possible explanation I can think of is that since harry was a parseltongue, only he could hear it apart from the heir of the slytherin.And may be that's why too no one else could hear the hissing.

This is a para from COS, page 216.
'This means', said Harry, 'I cant be the only Parselmouth in the school. The heir of Slytherin's one too. That's how they've been controlling the Basilisk'.

My explanation in BOLD.
I must say you have pointed out some very good questions.
I tried my best to offer something that seems possible.
Your other questions need quite a bit of thinking, will get back to you once I get answers for them.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top