Mythological Masti

|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 50

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 27 July 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Has anyone read The Immortals of Melhua??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 9)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 01 August 2011 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
@ Vrish - Thanks for compiling all our scattered Devaasur points! I do think they were all part of one long feud after the amrit issue (excluding the one over Virochan's death which preceded that), which was every now and then interrupted after a major defeat. Will do some digging when my summer class ends in like 10 days and create the thread, unless somebody else gets to it first...?!

@ Rehan - thanks for the background info and insight on definitions/clasifications!!! Indeed, the Vedic origins of all these tales are more suljhe huye than the convoluted and sometimes contradicting accounts in the puraans... but then we aren't always sujhe huye enough to be content with that are we LOL j/k As for Daityas that should also be a neutral term, since it just translates to sons of Diti by the same grammatical rule that makes Arjun 'Kaunteya'. And yes, even the itihaas and puraan accounts maintain that you can't generalize the whole race as good or evil - every now and then Indra pulled a move like he did in the Ahilya story that is unquestionably evil, and in asurs there were Bali and Prahlaad and in raakshasas, Vibhishan to balance that side out.

And I haven't read Immortals of Melhua but I've read about it. Was it good? Interesting? Thought-provoking? What I did read was the first 100 or so pages of Ashok Banker's Slayer of Kamsa, the first in his Krishna Coriolis series. It got off to a wayyy better start than what I know of his Ramayan and I'm eager to read the rest. Characterizations were very cool. Once you know what to expect from these mytho-fiction novels (i.e. not accuracy), some of them can prove to be quite intriguing.

Edited by lola610 - 01 August 2011 at 10:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchRehanismVishakha_Sakhi

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Thanks Lola. No I haven't read the Immortals of Melhua. That's why I was asking.Big smile I have just read the first chapter as that's the only thing I could download from the net. Other chapters are missing.Cry

OK another question. Its not exactly related to mythology, but still one of you might help, has anyone watched the 1998 film called Swami Vivekananda? Sarvadaman Bannerjee played Vivekananda and Mithun Chakraborty played Ramkrishna. I am searching this movie for quite some time but to no avail. I wish someone gives me the torrent link...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arcnacDebipriyalola610Vishakha_Sakhi

Dpka1415

IF-Dazzler

Dpka1415

Posted: 03 August 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Hellooo everyone...its been long since i have entered this thread...here i am with a doubt...infact a query...

Can someone please tell me after Krishna n Balram left Gokul.. What did Devi Rohini (Balram ji's mother) do??? I mean did she come back to Mathura and then moved with the family to Dwarka??? I dont know much about her life after the duo left for Mathura...as i never saw in any mytho shows highlighting this...and havent read much. ..so if you can help...

So sorry if this query has already been posted..

arcnacDebipriyalola610Vishakha_Sakhi

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 04 August 2011 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
@ Rehan - most welcome! And lol looks like we're in the same boat - I too read those pages of Banker's books via the online preview on his site, but the book's not available in the U.S. so I'm looking for other ways to finish it/have someone who did read it spoil the rest for me LOL And no idea where the Swami Vivekananda film can be found (but whoa... Mithun as Sri Ramakrishna Shocked), but I do know that the film Adi Shankaracharya, in which Banerjee essayed the title role, can be watched on youtube in its entirety and I highly recommend it.

@ Deepsie - Rohini Maa bhi unke saath aayi, after Kans Vadh. In fact that is when she gave birth to Subhadra, after the big family reunion. You're right, no show has paid much attention to how or when exactly she comes back, though SK does show her at the upnayan sanskaar of Krishna and Balram along with VD. In fact even the Bhagavat doesn't explicitly write it, but mentions her as present during accounts of events later on - notably at the end of the avtaar. 

Edited by lola610 - 04 August 2011 at 11:25pm

j_joshiDebipriyaDpka1415Vishakha_Sakhi

Dpka1415

IF-Dazzler

Dpka1415

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
@lola...ohhh yes yes...finally m watching the upnayan sanskar epi right now...saw her there...i gues i missed this epi earlier...actually.i have never watched rsk epi by epi after kans' death. ..Always saw in bits n bites. ..ab dekhungi :)

arcnacDebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 August 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Deepika

Rohini lived in Dwarka w/ the rest of them.  As Lola pointed out, Subhadra was born to her later, and Rohini lived there to the end of her life.  When Vasudev died a day after Arjun's arrival (when he was about to evacuate Dwarka), his widows - Devaki, Rohini, Bhadra and Madira - all died w/ him.

arcnacDebipriyaDpka1415Vishakha_Sakhi

Dpka1415

IF-Dazzler

Dpka1415

Posted: 06 August 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Deepika

Rohini lived in Dwarka w/ the rest of them.  As Lola pointed out, Subhadra was born to her later, and Rohini lived there to the end of her life.  When Vasudev died a day after Arjun's arrival (when he was about to evacuate Dwarka), his widows - Devaki, Rohini, Bhadra and Madira - all died w/ him.

ohhh thanks alot for the info...actually i have never seen the whole RSK or any other show on Krishna ji ...and whenever i have read the books i have read about his Leelas till they move to Dwarka or the whole of Mahabharat maha yudh and Srimad Bhagvat Geeta ... but never read or watched his Prasthaan to his dhaam ...i have seen and read about Lord Ram's Mahaprayaan only .. Smile

arcnacDebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.