Mythological Masti

|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 54

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
One thing I read on RF, which is hearsay, or more specifically readsay, is that Indumati was an apsara avatar, and so when a flower fell on her head, she died and was taken away, and Ajay then did what you described.  Dunno that I'd call that a 'separation'.  At any rate, I have no idea whether this took place due to any curse on Aja.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 7)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
I did some research on the immortality of Ashwatthama and Kripacharya - mostly articles that were part of different organizations and temples' monthly mailers that they put up as PDFs, not primary sources - but there was a general consensus they all shared, so I'm guessing that's what would be found in the primary sources (didn't have time to read them yet - these articles, otoh, were only 10-12 pgs long LOL)... it is as follows:
Ashwatthama's immortality was a curse from Krishna after he tried to get Parikshit aborted - until then he had that mani on his forehead that offered protection from disease and vicious attacks, but not absolute immortality. Kripacharya's immortality was also bestowed by Krishna, but as a boon because he apparently proved to be most impartial of the Kuru gurus (not sure how that can be reconciled with his support or at least tolerance of Ashwatthama killing the junior Pandavs, though). It was also to ensure that he would be around to guide Parikshit as well as the remaining members of the Chandra Vansh upon Kaliyug's arrival. Here are some of those write-ups:
http://indiasouthasia.blogspot.com/2011/01/ashta-chiranjeevis-immortals-by-nitish.html
http://ikashmir.net/milchar/pdf/Oct_Nov_2003.pdf
http://whatwhy.in/index.php/featured/who-were-the-eight-immortalschiranjivins-according-to-hindu-tradition/73/
http://www.cuhcs.org.uk/sanskaar/lent11.pdf

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

j_joshiDebipriyaRehanism.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Umm ... don't know if this is the right place to ask ... but I wanted to know if anyone could tell me when does Sunil Lahiri ji aka Lakshman ji of RS Ramayan's birthday come !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 12 June 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhavanab

Umm ... don't know if this is the right place to ask ... but I wanted to know if anyone could tell me when does Sunil Lahiri ji aka Lakshman ji of RS Ramayan's birthday come !!

Sorry for the delay in responding Bhavana, I myself don't know but try asking that question here... someone else might: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1579400

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Note that for Ramayan, the Ramayan forum has re-opened, while in the new Dwarakadeesh forum, an old thread about the doubts & discussions of the Dwapar Yuga has been moved there.  So now you have

So until these threads freeze or the forum/s close, I suggest using this thread for everything outside Ramayan & Mahabharat, although it's okay if discussion of something segways into something that falls within these.

Lola can advise whether Greek, Norse or Roman mytho questions can be entertained here LOL  Too bad we don't know much about Aztecs & Incas.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyalola610Vishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Okay, I have a question.

In Ramayan, each chapter is called a Kand, which is further divided into sargs.

In Mahabharat, what you have is parvas.

What are the differences?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyasrishtisinghShivangBuchRehanismVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
I cannot say properly Vrish, but I think the difference lies in the theme of the two Epics. Ramayan i.e. "Ram's Journey" is a rather personal tale of Prince Ram and so its divided into Kands i.e. occurrences in Ram's life. While Mahabharat is a large spectrum political drama spanning 5-6 generations involving most major kingdoms of Aryavarta. Hence its divided into Parvas ie ages or time-spans. If Mahabharat is divided in Kands, then there will be atleast 1000 Kands as unlike Ramayan, Mahabharat has no single central character.Smile

You know, untill quite recently, I used to read it as 'Khand' aka part or chapters.LOL

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 21 July 2011 at 12:12pm

DebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 23 July 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
But there are very few parvas @ the beginning - Sabha-parva is the second.  But for each of the Kaurava commanders during the war, they had different Parvas, like Bheeshma-parva, Drona-parva, Karna-parva, Shalya-parva & Sauptika-parva.  For Adi parva, one would have thought that there would be several parts to it - say Santanu-parva, Vichitravirya-parva, Pandu-parva, and then parvas for the time before the house of wax (say Dhritarashtra parva), an Indraprastha-parva, then the Sabha-parva & van-parva.  But Adi-parva seems too broad, but after the Shalya-parva, Vyasa seems to get parva-happy and have one for the women lamenting, the Ashwamedha yagna, the fracticide in Dwaraka, etc.  Doesn't seem even.

I asked in the Ramayan Doubts & Discussions thread similar questions about the way the chapters were split up.  Here too, the first 3 didn't seem evenly done.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 23 July 2011 at 1:00pm

DebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.