Mythological Masti

|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 28)

Post Reply New Post

Page 28 of 54

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 7:33am | IP Logged
happy new year all

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nac.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || (Page 28)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Hai..!

Very busy with some meetings and projects. Missing IF and you people a lot..!!

Meanwhile, can someone suggest any courses/studies for Hindu/Indian Mythology? Both online as well as a campus study?

Are there any Indian universities that offer such courses? Just like a UG/PG in Islamic Studies, is there any of such kind for Hindus?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nac.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Is Hinduism/Hindy mythology studied either in India or the West?  I was not aware that it is.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SahasranamaM

Hai..!

Meanwhile, can someone suggest any courses/studies for Hindu/Indian Mythology? Both online as well as a campus study?

Are there any Indian universities that offer such courses? Just like a UG/PG in Islamic Studies, is there any of such kind for Hindus?

I heard that the New York University has a few courses on Hindu mythology, but I'm not aware of any online courses.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMArchana.nacDebipriya

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by SahasranamaM

Hai..!

I heard that the New York University has a few courses on Hindu mythology, but I'm not aware of any online courses.

Thanks Janaki. Any idea about Indian universities..? Confused

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Is Hinduism/Hindy mythology studied either in India or the West?  I was not aware that it is.

Of course, there are studies in the West. Once I was ashamed to see a thesis submitted by one of my colleagues (from Britain). It was something connected to The Gita and it's relevance in modern day management principles. He said that the university offers courses on Vedas too.

Edited by SahasranamaM - 05 April 2013 at 9:30pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nacsrishtisingh.Vrish.

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 03 June 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
OK, all Pauranikas, please hear.LOL
I have a BIG doubt.
Mahabharata and Bhagavatam. both have some stories in common:
Kurukshetra War (Bhima Duryodhana fight)
Ashwatthama's defeat
Parikshit's birth
DGK's Vanaprastha
Vidura
Pandavas Swargarohanam
Parikshit's death

Like these. But, when i read both the versions, the Bhagavatam versions differ A LOT from the Mahabharata versions.

SO MB events are as follows:
Balarama sees BHima Duryodhan war; gets angry at cheating and leaves in a huff
BHima takes the jewel
Parikshit is dead, Krsna revives him
DGK (maybe V also) go to forest
Pandavas along with Draupadi go to HImalayas and attain Swarga
Pariksit is cursed; he gets scared and builds an inaccessible tower; but somehow Takshaka finds him and kills him

Bhagavata:
Balarama tries to persuade them to not fight, but since they don't listen, he leaves disheartened
Arjuna takes the jewel
Parikshit is defended in the womb itself by Krsna
Only DG go to forest; Kunti dies after hearing KRsna's death and Vidura goes to Maitreya Rishi
Pandavas leave Draupadi behind and go to Vaikuntha and Draupadi reaches there by dhyana
Pariksit is cursed. He leaves everything behind and goes to GAnga Teera and listens to BHagavatamConfused
And, other than one line of a sloka spoken by Arjuna, NOWHERE else there is reference of Bhagavad Gita!!

PLease can someone tell why so many differences? Is it because of different Kalpas?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nac

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 4:31am | IP Logged
^ That seems to be the most obvious reason. 

Or we have to accept the fact that there may have been some interpolations in later ages. We can find the same in many old texts that many saints (consciously or unconsciously) keep on adding more significant stories to the original text and make it more rich.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nac

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.